Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Officially Done With Challenge Towers - GG was fun (more so irritating)

http://imgur.com/a/9NFhd

http://imgur.com/a/pAgxR

After many hours of cursing my computer, my life and mainly Kruul and Xylem, i've gotten what i set out to achieve. Best of luck to you challenge hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my BDK done on the 8th attempt since the most recent Mage Tower came up. Last time the Mage Tower was up I finished it on my Druid in 10 attempts, and I put 62 attempts in on my BDK to no avail. Holy shit is it so much easier now. Took me around 4:30 to complete it.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Nice! My biggest issues was getting knocked off by infernals, and thinking the cast of the eye went out already but turned too soon and was knocked off. Probably took me a total of 50-60 attempts for blood.

Deleted
    Dont know if you finished the Uh one as well but it´s pretty easy and with the command center up it´s a total joke, because the fight is in Azuna so you benefit from the random meteors, the whelps that help and the blue field that buffs you. I hope they fix it cause it´s really dumb especially because not every challenge benefits from it. Either all get the buff or noone, but I think noone should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
    Dont know if you finished the Uh one as well but it´s pretty easy and with the command center up it´s a total joke, because the fight is in Azuna so you benefit from the random meteors, the whelps that help and the blue field that buffs you. I hope they fix it cause it´s really dumb especially because not every challenge benefits from it. Either all get the buff or noone, but I think noone should get it.
    I didn't bother with unholy because i don't play it and i'm not planning on to, but thanks for that info, I didn't know.

Took me two tries on this rotation, helps so much when the NPC doesn't die 24/7 in p2. My Druid on the other hand is a pain in the ass since I have the boots and Prydaz =S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
    Didnt get that, how u get that buffs from command center if we when got mage tower up, command center its not ?

soz for the question, but i dont play so much

After watching a Dh double jump and feel rush out of the razor ice, warriors jump and heroic leap. Survival hunters kill it in two hits. I feel like it's a bit unfair. I have however gotten pretty far in both the blood challenge and unholy. The frost challenge i struggle with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost challenge is easy. Just hold a rime proc for the razorices.

Unholy/Frost are definetely easier then Blood. Far, far easier.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Grats tehr, know you've been working at it for a long time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    Didnt get that, how u get that buffs from command center if we when got mage tower up, command center its not ?

soz for the question, but i dont play so much
    the command center and mage tower was up at the same time for couple of hours on EU
    and the UH challenge is in azsuna so you get the buffs you get in azsuna

Finally 3/3 . The blood one took way longer then it should have .

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Frost challenge is easy. Just hold a rime proc for the razorices.

Unholy/Frost are definetely easier then Blood. Far, far easier.
    What's a reasonable ilvl for frost and blood?
    I'm sitting around 900 (898 with 4p t19, 900 with only 2p), it feels a little low, but on the other hand I got the Acherus Drapes, might as well use them for something ...

10+ Year Old Account
    900 for frost, 905+ for blood. Lower is definitely possible for both though and I did both at 910+ so I had an easy time with them.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

So I've unlocked 2/3 of my challenge skins, frost and unholy. And the other day I also unlocked the "all dungeon bosses" tint while on my frost spec, since that's my mainspec. Up until now, it has been the case that if you unlocked the base appearance on all your specs, you'd unlock the various color tints on your other specs as well, such as in the Balance of Power ones, PvP prestige ones, etc. But I only have my color tint unlocked on my frost weapon, and not on unholy. Is it the same for everyone else?

I'd really hope not, it would mean we'd have to do 30 RBGs instead of 10, HC Kiljaeden while in every spec you want the tint on and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    I'm sitting around 900 (898 with 4p t19, 900 with only 2p), it feels a little low, but on the other hand I got the Acherus Drapes, might as well use them for something ...
    gear shouldnt be a problem for you
    first time the mage tower was up i almoste did it when my dk was 890 with only 36 traits, I made way too many mistakes but I´m 100% sure it is was possible with that gear
    second time the mage tower was up i steamrolled through it with 896 and golden trait
    maybe should mention I used the legendary boots and ring
    bear tartare helps a lot too, but you probably checked some guides and they recommend it too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Did it @901 with 42 traits in blood, prydaz+boots (were super nice) - didn't take many wipes. Only tried it after nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Icosidodecahedron View Post
    So I've unlocked 2/3 of my challenge skins, frost and unholy. And the other day I also unlocked the "all dungeon bosses" tint while on my frost spec, since that's my mainspec. Up until now, it has been the case that if you unlocked the base appearance on all your specs, you'd unlock the various color tints on your other specs as well, such as in the Balance of Power ones, PvP prestige ones, etc. But I only have my color tint unlocked on my frost weapon, and not on unholy. Is it the same for everyone else?

I'd really hope not, it would mean we'd have to do 30 RBGs instead of 10, HC Kiljaeden while in every spec you want the tint on and so on.
    I think blizzard stated that was a bug with the hidden skins giving access to the other specs but they decided to leave it in. I think with enough crying from the community they may do the same for this challenge tier (hopefully).

Think it's possible for an 891 with 2 peice?