Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Think it's possible for an 891 with 2 peice?
    Probably. The only thing your gear really affects is how quickly you can clear P2 (e.g. the number of Annihilates you will get). Literally any other deaths are your fault. Make sure you're double potting and saving Hero for P2 to compensate for your low gear.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I think blizzard stated that was a bug with the hidden skins giving access to the other specs but they decided to leave it in. I think with enough crying from the community they may do the same for this challenge tier (hopefully).
    I'm not talking about that. The bug let you use tints on your other specs hidden appearances without you having the base color unlocked. So you could unlock one spec's hidden appearance, unlock the various tints and then you'd be able to only use those tints on your other specs. I'm talking about the complete opposite, I have the base appearance unlocked for both frost and unholy, did both challenges. Unlocked the dungeon bosses tint while playing as frost, do not have that tint unlocked on unholy despite having the base appearance. Different things. If it's intended or a bug remains to be seen but no other artifact appearance behaves that way so it's odd.

No /10char

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    No /10char
    What's your minimum recommendation?

Ya Kruul and Xylem are cancer manifested. Gratz on your completions though!

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    k

10charsxd
    This 100 times over

What's your minimum recommendation?
    I would recommend upper 890s to 900. I was 898 when i tried it last(which i dont care about the appearance so i dont try it every week) I made it about 40% of the way and stopped caring. Mostly because I want every nethershard to go towards relinquished rings to hopefully get SoN. I mean is it doable at that ilvl....probably. Will it take a lot more attempts just to get to new phases, again probably. It just doesnt seem worth it to waste time on it when the ilvl odds are stacked against you. I mean even Ion basically said it's an ilvl thing but some people wont be able to complete it even with a higher ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend upper 890s to 900. I was 898 when i tried it last(which i dont care about the appearance so i dont try it every week) I made it about 40% of the way and stopped caring. Mostly because I want every nethershard to go towards relinquished rings to hopefully get SoN. I mean is it doable at that ilvl....probably. Will it take a lot more attempts just to get to new phases, again probably. It just doesnt seem worth it to waste time on it when the ilvl odds are stacked against you. I mean even Ion basically said it's an ilvl thing but some people wont be able to complete it even with a higher ilvl.
    Gear doesn't matter very much in P1 if you're playing it safe and ration out adds to heal off.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Gear doesn't matter very much in P1 if you're playing it safe and ration out adds to heal off.
    but the challenge mode isn't just the first phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    but the challenge mode isn't just the first phase.
    I was speaking more about this statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK
    Will it take a lot more attempts just to get to new phases, again probably.
    P1 isn't very gear-reliant so getting to P2 isn't very gear-reliant, either, if that makes sense.

If you fail in P1, you're bad. If you fail in P2 to anything other than Annihilate, you're bad. If you fail in P2 to Annihilate, you don't have enough gear (or you fucked it up and you're bad lol).

DOES IT EVER GET MORE FRUSTRATING THAN THIS?
    //imgur.com/6Wfittf

DOES IT? DOES... IT?
    FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

(Don't mind my game language. I really enjoy the voice acting for my language :P)

Quote Originally Posted by AleDeFreitas View Post
    DOES IT EVER GET MORE FRUSTRATING THAN THIS?
    //imgur.com/6Wfittf

DOES IT? DOES... IT?
    FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

(Don't mind my game language. I really enjoy the voice acting for my language :P)
    It can, actually.
    When krull dies, battle doesn't end immediately, so netherspawns can fuck Velen up while you're all cheerful and dizzy from finally finishing it.
    Which happened to me.

Deleted
    Gratz!

(Akeno is best girl BTW)

How do you guys deal with the problem of Nether Horrors running straight to Velen despite me healing myself via Blooddrinker and Death Strike just after they spawn? This happens to me pretty often. Sometimes the healing aggro picks them up (I wait to Blooddrinker until I actually see them spawn), sometimes they don't give a rat's ass and go wreck Velen. Using Tremble Before Me means I can only Grasp once every two minutes and I usually have it on CD from the first time this happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    How do you guys deal with the problem of Nether Horrors running straight to Velen despite me healing myself via Blooddrinker and Death Strike just after they spawn? This happens to me pretty often. Sometimes the healing aggro picks them up (I wait to Blooddrinker until I actually see them spawn), sometimes they don't give a rat's ass and go wreck Velen. Using Tremble Before Me means I can only Grasp once every two minutes and I usually have it on CD from the first time this happens.
    Gotta make sure they're within range. I don't know the exact numbers, but experience tells me that if you're within DnD range, you're within healing aggro range.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Gratz!

(Akeno is best girl BTW)
    Akeno is 2nd best

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to use Heart Strike to get aggro. DS doesn't generate healing threat and I'm not sure but Blooddrinker probably doesn't either.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    You need to use Heart Strike to get aggro. DS doesn't generate healing threat and I'm not sure but Blooddrinker probably doesn't either.
    I second this observation. Nothing else seems to generate aggro besides Heart Strike (and, *maybe* Bonestorm). Also, by my estimates, you need to be within 20 yards of one of the elementals for them to aggro from Heart Strike.

Did the unholy one with a few traits in my weapon now.. ridiculously easy compared to Xylen. Farming the skins is also going to be a pain in the ass.. can't wait for doing the PvP crap <.<

Deleted
    No /10char
    I think it's possible : i.imgur.com/nZAV7Lv.jpg