Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Why everyone should turn off their adblocker.

This will probably upset some people but I can understand why MMO Champion is asking people to turn off their adblocker. Sites like this survive on ads and basically they are providing you with free content and asking for nothing in return. When you click on an ad or even watch ad by a site like mmo champion they get paid a portion which basically supports the site. I mean would you all rather mmo champion shut down becaues you all cant disable your adblocker for a few mins?

How about no.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys turn off that pesky adblock!

Deleted
    They're not providing me.
    I'm providing them with my posts, that I give for free, and they monetize without even a tank-you letter.
    If they made me a partner I'd consider shilling.

confirm for me that there are NEVER any intrusive video/audio ads and i might consider it

Nah sorry m8 pirat life ! arrrrr

Err nope.

10char

Yep if it cant do anything but have the most annoying ads, close it. I visit a bunch of other forums that dont have a single bit of adds. The forum section of MMO champ is NOT whats costing money. You can get a forum hosted for less then a mctrio and moderators like Endus are NOT paid employee, they are volunteer users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sites like this sold out to Curse who sold out Twitch who sold out to Amazon, I don't believe they need "ad revenue".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    not until they screen their ads for malware.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    This will probably upset some people but I can understand why MMO Champion is asking people to turn off their adblocker. Sites like this survive on ads and basically they are providing you with free content and asking for nothing in return. When you click on an ad or even watch ad by a site like mmo champion they get paid a portion which basically supports the site. I mean would you all rather mmo champion shut down becaues you all cant disable your adblocker for a few mins?
    I turn off my adblock if you turn off your ads.

We all know full well how ads work.

The problem is that MMO-C has shown absolutely no interest in keeping their ads user-friendly. In fact for some reason they seem to choose ads that are intrusive and provides as bad an experience as possible. When the ads themselves aren't a problem, the content is: leading to malware infested junk-sites made entirely of more ads.

If MMO-C really wants more ad-revenue they need to make a stand and clean up in this cancer that infects their website. Only then can they post a banner that begs us to turn ad-block off and give them another chance.

Until then I happily run with two adblockers just to make sure they get no money from me. I'll happily whitelist them the day they take control back of their ads.

Yes. As much as I love and use MMO Champion none of the info is exclusive. I can always find it somewhere else if I really wanted to. If I have to be subjected to annoying and potentially harmful ads just to get my wow info fix then yes they can shut down for all I care. Ill simply find it elsewhere.

The reason I run adblock on this site is because it blocks Hundreds of things...including random audio ads when I browse and post here.

When mmo makes their ads less intrusive and annoying then perhaps I will turn it off but until then they can just be happy that I post here and they can claim me as a user for their marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about... No
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

I have no objections to adds on the side, top or bottom of the page.

I have issues with adds that auto fucking play, loud obnoxious noises that if you're not expecting it you jump half way out of your seat, or pop up adds which cover the entirety of the window with a x so small that you're more likely to hit the advert than close it, which then takes you through to utter garbage.

I used to have add block turned off on mmo champion, but since about 6 months ago they went really shitty really quickly, yes its a free service they are providing to us, but why should any of us have to go through any sort of discomfort?

No everytime someone posts a link to a product on amazon or something here it gets replaced by a site of their partners where they get money if someone buys it.

I dont support such shallow tactics.

How much is, Twitch, paying you to make this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...this is new and refreshing topic. For the hundredth time this week: i will disable adblock when websites start being lawfully responsible for malware infested adds.

7+ Year Old Account
    If a site depends on ad revenue to "survive", it needs a new business model. They wouldn't have ad views if it weren't for visitors so you seem to have the entire "who's doing who a favor" dynamic backwards (hint, people visiting this site are doing the site owners a favor, not the other way around). I will never disable my ad blocking software for anyone, for any reason. If I can't visit a site because of that reason, there are plenty of other sites out there I can visit that I'm sure will appreciate my doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    How much is, Twitch, paying you to make this thread?
    *cough*Amazon*cough*

I'm already looking for an alternative to hosting my add-ons due to Curse being bought out by them. :/
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-04-22 at 06:31 PM.