Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Anyone scoring in favor or midway on tradition/progress I despise you. It basically tells me that you are a climate change denier, because that's the only way you could have ended with that score.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    So every modern democracy is a dictatorship? Because every modern democracy has something to combat Tyranny of the Majority.

Just because the majority want it, doesn't it make it right. This literally grade 6 civics class education...
    If most people view it as moral, it is moral. How do you think we get our morals? Our morals change all the time... If a government goes against its democratic system it IS a dictatorship by definition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Anyone scoring in favor or midway on tradition/progress I despise you. It basically tells me that you are a climate change denier, because that's the only way you could have ended with that score.
    I am not sure how you came to the conclusion, since it's factually not true? You can absolutely state that climate change is real and man-made as well as that we need to deal with it and still get a (clearly) tradition-leaning result - as long as you pick more conservative options on the other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Christian democracy is like social democracy here in sweden, just a little different on some social positions like abortion or lgbt rights making them centre-right instead.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...crats_(Sweden)
    They also tend to be sligthly different when it comes to economic positions, and tend to be more in favour of economic liberalism.

Im a neo-con. I'd make McCain, Cruz, Graham and the rest of the establishment proud I guess.

https://8values.github.io/results.ht...&g=41.4&s=20.2

https://8values.github.io/results.ht...&g=71.0&s=89.0

Sounds about right from someone that became an adult at the start of the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    The very fact that it ways military might and peace as opposing forces renders this quiz dumb and biased IMO.
    Well, you can't have a good military without using it. Case in point: all the ME countries the US and allies ran over and the Saudis.
    It tests doctrine, equipment, replenishes supplies and drives military tech forward.

7+ Year Old Account
    the results are pretty much as expected, most of the posters on these forms are liberal by some sense.
    out number the conservative by alot, ..

My results. Conservatism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird, it gave me social liberalism. Is this US centered? I consider myself somewhat nuanced right wing for european standards.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Not bad.

I like especially how it captured me on the Diplomatic Axis. That's essentially correct: give peace a chance, but if that fails, rip out their heart and show them it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Weird, it gave me social liberalism. Is this US centered? I consider myself somewhat nuanced right wing for european standards.
    I'd say so.

Considering le pen is considered far right wing by euros. She is radical left wing in the US. Europe has literally gone THAT far to the left.

France options were.

1. Super duper radical left
    2. Radical left wing but job
    3. Far left wing
    4. Even more far far super super left wing
    5. Communist left wing
    Last edited by Karfal; 2017-04-24 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    https://8values.github.io/results.ht...&g=77.5&s=85.8

But remember guys, I'm "alt-right."

Don't forget to call me that like MMO-Champion loves doing.
    I mean this is basically a good chunk of the alt right. It's part workers movement, part-nationalism (which this doesn't really cover), part paranoid libertarianism.

Maybe you were under the mistaken impression the alt-right was conservative? It ain't. It's a bunch of extremist degenerates that conservatism and liberalism is better off without.

And you'll note how pulled to extremes your chart is.

7+ Year Old Account
    it was an interesting one, better than most I've taken i think, still insanely hard to pin point someone view in 60 question...

https://8values.github.io/results.ht...&g=78.4&s=88.1

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    If most people view it as moral, it is moral. How do you think we get our morals? Our morals change all the time... If a government goes against its democratic system it IS a dictatorship by definition.
    Except governments operate to serve their entire population. Not just the majority.

You have an extremely simplified view of a very complex philosophical question of what morality is. A question that has been debated by humans for thousands of years. What the majority view as moral may not apply to the minority. Neither group is right or wrong, because morals are completely relative on a per person basis.

Would the holocaust be moral if 50.01% Germans approved of it?

By your definition, literally every country is a dictatorship because every country has institutions in place to prevent the majority group from holding 100% of government influence. Is the US a dictatorship because the majority voted for Clinton but Trump won? Is Canada a dictatorship because it requires provinces who wish to succeed to get a super majority in a referendum vs just a simple 50%+1?

What about pluralities? Does it count as dictatorship if only 45% of the population vote in favour of a policy, but the other alternative options only received 28% and 27% respectively? The majority of the population voted against the policy, but it got the largest number of votes.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-04-24 at 03:32 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account

Seems about right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I mean this is basically a good chunk of the alt right. It's part workers movement, part-nationalism (which this doesn't really cover), part paranoid libertarianism.

Maybe you were under the mistaken impression the alt-right was conservative? It ain't. It's a bunch of extremist degenerates that conservatism and liberalism is better off without.

And you'll note how pulled to extremes your chart is.
    Can you define the alt-right then? What most people ascribe as attribute seems to me to be racism, xenophobia and nationalism - how does that translate to socially progressive, putting diplomacy over might, and libertarian ideals?
    Last edited by Revi; 2017-04-24 at 03:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Can you define the alt-right then? What most people call ascribe as attribute seems to me to be racism, xenophobia and nationalism - how does that translate to socially progressive, putting diplomacy over might, and libertarian ideals?
    It doesn't.

I've been accused of being alt-right over 50 times months ago and it deterred me from bothering to debate here. People are stuck in their views and just want to sling labels around.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm kinda not surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    I'd say so.

Considering le pen is considered far right wing by euros. She is radical left wing in the US. Europe has literally gone THAT far to the left.

France options were.

1. Super duper radical left
    2. Radical left wing but job
    3. Far left wing
    4. Even more far far super super left wing
    5. Communist left wing
    I'm in a weird place when it comes to politics anyway. Last time I took a test designed for Dutch people it was a tie between D66 and PVV, polar opposites.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla