Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    My issue makes no sense ... then you literally say what I am getting at. What?
    What I said isn't an issue, it was the soloution to the imaginary issue you had.

  2. #42
    Pandaren Monk Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    What I said isn't an issue, it was the soloution to the imaginary issue you had.
    I feel I am talking to a wall here. My point is the story we know doesn't make sense to make factions, even in a distance future or past event. You then said how it is hard to write a story for an MMO.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Very little of Titan actually made it to Overwatch, just concepts like Tracer who was originally called a "jumper".
    I'm convinced that Zarya's weapon was originally some kind of flying motorcycle mount. Where the energy ball is on top would have bee where the seat would have been, it still has the windshield, and the handle she holds with her left hand is either a handlebar/foot peg/gear shifter/kick starter (a physical one, not a fundraiser :P).
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

  4. #44
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Activision-Blizzard already has Destiny as it's big MMOFPS.

    They likely wouldn't try to directly go against themselves.
    Companies go "against" themselves all the time. It makes it even harder for others to come in that way, you realise Unilever own more than half the brands of detergent out there, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I feel I am talking to a wall here. My point is the story we know doesn't make sense to make factions, even in a distance future or past event. You then said how it is hard to write a story for an MMO.
    What's hard about OW vs Talon? The Heroes we have didn't exist before OW became OW, and you'd be a nameless Jumper or Ranger or whatever for one of those factions. Your interactions with Lumerico or Volskaya or whoever are the plot. No reason you can't say you came from Junkers or Los Muertos originally either.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Dont you people even know what games you play?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_...nment_project)

    There, read up.
    I mean that's kind of irrelevant considering blizzard used "scraps" of previous games and made Heroes of The Storm, which is NOTHING like their other games. I doubt we'd get a Overwatch MMO, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE.
    This website LOL

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I mean that's kind of irrelevant considering blizzard used "scraps" of previous games and made Heroes of The Storm, which is NOTHING like their other games. I doubt we'd get a Overwatch MMO, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE.
    What?

    HoTS is nothing but a weak attempt to get the MOBA community with their own game, since Dota as a franchise was ruled "for the people" and they cant touch the custom map in WC3, and since Dota 2 made sure they cant , they did HoTS has nothing to do with scraps of previous games.

    Are you confusing content with scraps? Cant understand the difference?

    Overwatch is the PvP system and mostly the PvP battlegrounds of Project Titan, they said that when they announced Overwatch couple years back.

    Most of the abilities and the areas, Hanamura as example, are taken straight from the MMO, they just adapted the FPS element into it, successfully.

    In other words, they had most of the things ready and they simply implemented a few things into an already existing world aka scraps.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    What?

    HoTS is nothing but a weak attempt to get the MOBA community with their own game, since Dota as a franchise was ruled "for the people" and they cant touch the custom map in WC3, and since Dota 2 made sure they cant , they did HoTS has nothing to do with scraps of previous games.

    Are you confusing content with scraps? Cant understand the difference?

    Overwatch is the PvP system and mostly the PvP battlegrounds of Project Titan, they said that when they announced Overwatch couple years back.

    Most of the abilities and the areas, Hanamura as example, are taken straight from the MMO, they just adapted the FPS element into it, successfully.

    In other words, they had most of the things ready and they simply implemented a few things into an already existing world aka scraps.
    The reason they made the game is completely irrelevant. They can use the "scraps"(Yes, I say that loosely) of their other games to create another, that is my point, which you seemingly missed entirely. It's possible. Understand?
    This website LOL

  8. #48
    Could? Yes.

    Should? No.

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

    What's hard about OW vs Talon? The Heroes we have didn't exist before OW became OW, and you'd be a nameless Jumper or Ranger or whatever for one of those factions. Your interactions with Lumerico or Volskaya or whoever are the plot. No reason you can't say you came from Junkers or Los Muertos originally either.
    Outside the fact that the 5 original members we have were heroes before Overwatch (Soldier, Reaper, Torb, Rein and Ana) ... I mean Overwatch was founded because they were heroes.

    Just because you say you are doesn't mean you are. Take WoW, I can play a Blood Elf Paladin and say that I am a member of the Argent Dawn and thus neutral factions ... but the game doesn't really let me play that, it is just pretend. Also, we have no idea how large Talon is as we have only 7 confirmed members plus 1 assumed member. Reaper, Widowmaker, Sombra and Reaper's 4 goons from Recall and it is strongly implied that Doomfist is Talon ... so that's at most 8.

    Compare that to the number of Overwatch members, we don't know how it compares in size.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  10. #50
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Outside the fact that the 5 original members we have were heroes before Overwatch (Soldier, Reaper, Torb, Rein and Ana) ... I mean Overwatch was founded because they were heroes.

    Just because you say you are doesn't mean you are. Take WoW, I can play a Blood Elf Paladin and say that I am a member of the Argent Dawn and thus neutral factions ... but the game doesn't really let me play that, it is just pretend. Also, we have no idea how large Talon is as we have only 7 confirmed members plus 1 assumed member. Reaper, Widowmaker, Sombra and Reaper's 4 goons from Recall and it is strongly implied that Doomfist is Talon ... so that's at most 8.

    Compare that to the number of Overwatch members, we don't know how it compares in size.
    Both OW and Talon are organisations with truly global reach (shit, they go to the fucking Moon). It's safe to think that there are a lot more members than those notable heroes in both organisations. In much the same way the Alliance and Horde don't have millions of adventurers working for them, it's still not unreasonable to have the player character be one of the few that do.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-04-24 at 11:35 AM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    When you fail you try again.
    They tried and failed a lot of times. It just didn't work out. When they realised it didnt go anywhere after all those years they just abandoned it. Overwatch is everything that's left of their almost 10 years of "trying".

    I can kinda see why. It's really hard to create a sense of progressing a character when you can't give people/heroes rewards that affect performance. If you want this game as an MMO, how would you handle rewards? Cosmetic shit in an MMO environment is not going to keep people playing and repeating the same PvE content over and over again like in WoW.

  12. #52
    I would very much like to see Blizzard make a superhero mmo, it doesn't have to be overwatch but I wouldn't mind a cyborg themed superhero game either, which essentially Overwatch is cyborg superhero theme.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  13. #53
    Pandaren Monk Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Both OW and Talon are organisations with truly global reach (shit, they go to the fucking Moon). It's safe to think that there are a lot more members than those notable heroes in both organisations. In much the same way the Alliance and Horde don't have millions of adventurers working for them, it's still not unreasonable to have the player character be one of the few that do.
    Global reach =/= Large organization. Again, we have only seen 7 with an implied 8th Talon member ... significantly smaller than Overwatch. In one context, they sent one talon member to deal with several overwatch agencies. We can safely assume Talon is far smaller than Overwatch.

    Also, yes, they don't have million of adventures, but there are thousands of soldiers in wow.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  14. #54
    Destiny is probably what Overwatch would have been in an MMO form, though I doubt unlike Destiny they'd wipe character progression it sounded like with a sequel.

  15. #55
    It would but Blizz won't, Why compete with themselves?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    And the heroes and villains that you play in Overwatch would be important NPC's that you could interact with.

    It could be two factions fighting each other for dominion but at a larger scale than what's currently in Overwatch and of course there would be a large world to explore.
    so basically WoW but with OW characters, i see, very innovative.

  17. #57
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Global reach =/= Large organization. Again, we have only seen 7 with an implied 8th Talon member ... significantly smaller than Overwatch. In one context, they sent one talon member to deal with several overwatch agencies. We can safely assume Talon is far smaller than Overwatch.

    Also, yes, they don't have million of adventures, but there are thousands of soldiers in wow.
    Soldiers are not the same as PC adventurers.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    so basically WoW but with OW characters, i see, very innovative.
    Isn't Counter Strike basically WoW but with guns?

    Isn't League of Legends basically WoW but with a top down camera angle?

    Isn't Star Wars: The Old Republic basically WoW but in a Star Wars setting?
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-04-30 at 11:26 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

  19. #59
    Dreadlord Crillam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    854
    And they should call it.... Titan DUM DUM DUUUUUUUM

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    And they should call it.... Titan DUM DUM DUUUUUUUM
    Nah, call it Shattered Steel: Broken Dreams

    And I know that there is an old BioWare game called Shattered Steel but whatever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shattered_Steel
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-04-30 at 01:04 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •