Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Leaving behind the cynic in me that just wants to echo the people saying "They tried and it was a...titan of a failure", I don't see why would anyone want that. I mean, one of the greatest aspects of Overwatch, one that gave it momentum even before it was possible to play it, is the world and its characters. Would there be a lot of point in being rando number 153825 as you watch Tracer, Reaper or Mercy doing whatever?

An MMO is better in a world where you can build your own story as you adventure and explore. Overwatch's world is a bit too tight, too character-centric for that.

Now, a single player Overwatch game wouldn't be a bad idea, and Jeff did mention that they have it in their mind to eventually expand the Overwatch franchise. But an MMO? It would be possible, but pointless.

I hope not, the game is cringy as fuck with all these politically correct and sjw characters.

They had a good idea to turn it into an "fps" in the end cause as a mmo this game would have been terrible. Instead it's just a really boring and low skill game, something that apparently blizzard users like (see wow, hots, diablo).

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Caifas View Post
    An MMO is better in a world where you can build your own story as you adventure and explore. Warcraft's world is a bit too tight, too character-centric for that.
    You could make a pretty good argument against Warcraft becoming an MMO.

Don't get me wrong, I am against the MMO Overwatch, but that's not a good argument against it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    And the heroes and villains that you play in Overwatch would be important NPC's that you could interact with.

It could be two factions fighting each other for dominion but at a larger scale than what's currently in Overwatch and of course there would be a large world to explore.
    That would be Titan. And Titan would have been magnificent. Unfortunately Blizzard played it safe and made a lazy multiplayer only game for kids, so they have to put in less work and take less risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    That would be Titan. And Titan would have been magnificent. Unfortunately Blizzard played it safe and made a lazy multiplayer only game for kids, so they have to put in less work and take less risk.
    I have had some interest in Overwatch but it seems a bit repetitive and I would only play as Tracer.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

...they worked on it for seven years before deciding it wasn't fun. That sounds like a damn lot of work and risk to me. Can you at least ground your Blizzard hate nonsense in some facts?
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    ...they worked on it for seven years before deciding it wasn't fun. That sounds like a damn lot of work and risk to me. Can you at least ground your Blizzard hate nonsense in some facts?
    They worked on it for seven years and then scrapped it, cannibalized it and turned it into something that needed less work to be put in to be finished and would probably make them more money.

They worked on it for seven years and then scrapped it, cannibalized it and turned it into something that needed less work to be put in to be finished and would probably make them more money.
    Yup... And probably lose them less money. From what I've heard, the fact that the main playerbase would be WoW players was a big factor in canning this. Hard to make the numbers work when you're just moving a monthly sub from one of your properties to another.

yes it could be. Actually it is called Destiny.