Gaming Chair help

Hi all,
    First off i am new to the forum and this is my first post and so i hope i have posted this in the right place.

I am thinking of buying a new gaming chair as my old ones getting a bit worn out and would like some views from people who have a good and comfortable gaming chair/s that is good for my height as well.
    I am 6ft 3" and about 100kg and spend about 4 hours a night on my pc and i am looking to spend around £50 - £120 ish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dave

For 120 pound i would go to Ikea you wont get a good gaming chair for that price.

I agree with the two above me, I would get something from IKEA to hold you over until you can afford something better that costs more. I made the investment into an AK Racing chair and think it's the best investment I've made in the last four years. I also work from home though so, I'm at my computer between gaming and working a considerable amount of time per day. I would definitely highly recommend something similar(dont think they ship outside of the US yet) when your budget increases though.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I agree with the two above me, I would get something from IKEA to hold you over until you can afford something better that costs more. I made the investment into an AK Racing chair and think it's the best investment I've made in the last four years. I also work from home though so, I'm at my computer between gaming and working a considerable amount of time per day. I would definitely highly recommend something similar(dont think they ship outside of the US yet) when your budget increases though.
    I want a chair too. Can you show me the chair you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I want a chair too. Can you show me the chair you're talking about?
    http://akracing.co/product/akracing-...ing-chair-red/

This is the exact model I got, I absolutely love it. the ergonomics of it are phenomenal. I will warn though the first week I didnt love it. Almost had buyers remorse because it forces good posture. However my body has not been sore ever since I got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like shit, you will be swimming in that chair in summer. Get a decent office chair with net back, it will cost less and will do more for you.

Gaming chairs are amongst the shittiest chairs you can have because they come with premium for the pretty colors and useless shit like those side wings that do jack shit except for adding price.

DxRacer is amazing, I got an Office Classic version of theirs

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont waste your money on gaming chairs. Get a comfy leather chair with 2 sides.

Something like this is cheap and it lasts.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    DxRacer is amazing, I got an Office Classic version of theirs
    Everyone has an opinion, and of course nobody is "wrong", it's just that people are different. I did the same thing as you though. DxRacer office chair (classic series) rather than a "gaming chair". It's fantastic. In the last 15 years I've probably bought about 8 office chairs. Leather, fabric, net back, attached arms, adjustable arms, "comfy", ergonomic with extra lumbar support, mid back, high back. 18 months to 2 years later I was looking for another. I've had my DX Racer about a year now and it's still looks and feels brand new. It cost double what I would normally spend on a chair, but based on my history and current situation I expect it to last at least 2 to 3 times longer so in the end it will have been money saved. Anyway ... big thumbs up from me.

(Edit: P.S. For OP ... my husband was jealous when my chair came and immediately ordered the same one. He's 6'3" and about 205lbs.)
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2017-04-24 at 03:10 PM.

I would look on craigslist and ebay for any used herman miller or steelcase chair and get any one of those because they will provide actual back support and are built like tanks also. You might have to spend a little more but trust me it will be worth it in the long run to not have back issues down the road.

kindly search on amazon.

I would say, go for a really comfy office chair instead, a gaming chair is just a normal chair that is way overpriced and slapped a gaming tag in the name.

ignore the whole "gaming chair" branding bs, and get a ergonomic chair that is good for your posture. your future self will thank you for it

Asad, Raven, Iag. This thread is from 2017 blame asad!
    He who angers you conquers you.