Boomkin looking to have a proper feral OS

I'm currently 906/910 (w all 3 BiS legos) on my boomie w both BiS trinkets and set pieces all enchanted to be optimized for balance but i'm thinking of gearing up for feral, for OS sake. Currently halfway through mythic w my guild so we're not all about the min-maxing of dps, solely doing this for fun and laughter. I'm sure some of yall out there are decently-equipped in both balance/feral, any tips on gearing the two specs, your AP distribution between the 2 weapons to be at least competitive on the meters
    Last edited by sinofasin; 2017-04-23 at 04:10 PM.

Luckily, feral is in a good place as far as state weights go. Crit and mastery are your best but each of the stats are so close you do well overall with any setup. You definitely need to get points in the first new trait then your rip and rake artifact traits before going for the rest of the new ones as those are your main damage abilities. The hardest thing is getting two good trinkets, but it helps being able to get relinquished trinkets. Legos aren't huge to feral so no biggie there.

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in the same position where my best gear is balance by quite a far margin, but I've "always" been feral so wanted to get a good grasp on feral too.

I found getting not only rake and rip extra level useful, but I also grabbed the extra CC% on shred, as if there is one thing we usually lack coming from boomkin it's crit.
    I have had "luck" getting 3 shred relics too, so atleast my CP-generation is quite decent.

If you are in a better shape than me, I guess going rake-rip-thrash might be more worthwhile artifact wise.

On the meters, I am getting quite old, so I'm usually found near the bottom of the meters ;>
    Jokes aside, with the way artifacts work there is going to be a very hard argument to win in order to explain why you want to dump AP into one or the other wep. I'm already into needing 10s of million AP for a single trait for feral, and unfortunately I've found more use for Balance raidwise than I have feral.

how are yall gearing into the 2 dps specs? are yall putting on halt ap into your main weapon?(boomie in my case)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, while i'm at it, since i'm still getting into this kitty scene, how important is it to have all 3 rake relics?

What kind of Trinkets is a feral using? Stat Trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    how are yall gearing into the 2 dps specs? are yall putting on halt ap into your main weapon?(boomie in my case)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, while i'm at it, since i'm still getting into this kitty scene, how important is it to have all 3 rake relics?
    You want basically rake or rip, that you can get your hands on. Although since 7.2 it seems ilvl overall is still king, very good relic calculator in the feral discord

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mnylol View Post
    What kind of Trinkets is a feral using? Stat Trinkets?
    Mastery stat sticks are good. But EoC, Frond, or Arcano are very good. CoF isn't bad if you play the incarnation build as opposed to SR

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    You want basically rake or rip, that you can get your hands on. Although since 7.2 it seems ilvl overall is still king, very good relic calculator in the feral discord

- - - Updated - - -

at the moment i'm running a 890 and a 895 with rip and one shitty ass 880 swipe relic, pretty low ilvls i know, still working on building up that feral os i havent played it yet ahah wanted to make sure ive got my traits and everything sorted before i rly learn how to play feral

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    at the moment i'm running a 890 and a 895 with rip and one shitty ass 880 swipe relic, pretty low ilvls i know, still working on building up that feral os i havent played it yet ahah wanted to make sure ive got my traits and everything sorted before i rly learn how to play feral
    I believe last time I looked, that Rake relics were worth 11 weapon item levels (not the actually ilvl, the level it gives you) and Rip is worth 8, and Shred crit and the TF one are worth 7.