Deleted

GFX card advice please

I am going to be upgrading my PC within the next couple of months and was looking to some help in regards to a new GFX card or getting another one of the RX480's I have

My current set up is an I7 -2700k 3.5 ghz, 16gb memory DDR3, windows 10 etc and I I am struggling in raids now with graphics set at 6 with low fps around 30-40 ish. I can visibly see the frame rate glitching now. I have shadows at med and antialiasing off

I am going to upgrade to an I7-7000k, 32gb ram ddr4, new board, new ssd drive.

So do I Buy another Rx480 and crossfire them or buy a 1070 nividai instead ?. basicly which would be better

Any advice would be great

Crossfire with two lower end GPU's is not worth the downsides. We have single GPU's out that are way faster than dual rx480's

If all you play is wow you don't realy need a new graphics card, wow frame drops are the result of a CPU bottleneck not GPU (you should see a decent improvement is you overclock your CPU if you haven't already).

A new CPU wil make life a life a little better for you in wow but you will still see drops in the game, that's the nature of this type of game. The jumpt from you CPU to the latest ones will net you around 25-30% performance increase not counting overclocking if that is worth it to you, go for it, if not your CPU is still plenty strong, but as I said b4 overclock that thing to get the most out of it (if your mobo supports it and you have a decent cooler)

Deleted
    What GFX card would you recommend then ?

SLI/Crossfire with low budget/old gen. cards is like putting a bumper kit on an VW Golf. Might look cool to the unknowledgable, but it just isnt really as fast as it looks.

just buy the 1070.

Also power consumption of older cards is often worse comparing gaming perforamce per watts used. SLI/Crossfire only worsens that.

This could in theory lead to you paying more for the corssfire setup in the long run.

Deleted
    warcraft is more cpu than gpu use isn't it?

Put an overclock on that 2700k my dude, that will bring your raid FPS up by a decent margin. You really dont need any new hardware other than a CPU cooler if you dont already have one, GPU will do nothing for your raid framerates.

Deleted
    I don't regret buying my second 480, but it does generate a little bit of extra heat and noise, If I had properly thought it out and came to the forums for advice, my decision may have been different. Warcraft seems to favour Nvidia, over AMD at this moment in time.
    Last edited by mmoccdd297def4; 2017-04-23 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Been that way for a while now... Oh, and crossfire(or sli) vs single card... always go for the single card option. Multi-gpu support tends to be spotty at best.
    I would only go with two GPU's if they are on the same PCB.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)