[Guardian] How many weapon ilvls is a 10% Thrash relic worth?

I've got a dilemna, I'm using dogshit relics atm but they are all high ilvl. I have the choice to lose 6 weapon item levels for two thrash relics, gaining me +20% base damage. I already have the 4 traits in Thrash though so the damage isn't going to be a flat 20% increase, how do I compare these objectively?

So, 6 weapon items level vs 20% base Thrash damage (already have +40% base from traits).
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen data supporting it myself, but a guardian I ran with a handful of weeks noted that a thrash relic is worth 6 ilvls difference. I was doing research on weapon damage vs thrash yesterday for my Kruul attempts and it looks like Thrash doesn't scale with weapon damage at all. Its entirely attack power based. I know back in Cataclysm when I quit weapon DPS equated to attack power for ferals, but I don't know if thats still the case anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    I haven't seen data supporting it myself, but a guardian I ran with a handful of weeks noted that a thrash relic is worth 6 ilvls difference. I was doing research on weapon damage vs thrash yesterday for my Kruul attempts and it looks like Thrash doesn't scale with weapon damage at all. Its entirely attack power based. I know back in Cataclysm when I quit weapon DPS equated to attack power for ferals, but I don't know if thats still the case anymore.
    Well remember, weapon dps increase also means AP increase because that's how they made ilvl work nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well remember, weapon dps increase also means AP increase because that's how they made ilvl work nowadays.
    Only from the Agility on it, though. Most of the melee damage increase from relics ist through weapon DPS.

Feral AP was abandoned long ago, too. Cat and Bear just adjust their paws to do the weapon's listed DPS as base.

Copy paste from druid discord pins.

Without Luffa, Thrash is worth +40 relic ilvl. this means that if you have 3x Thrash relics, to do the exact same DPS on ST, you only need 3x 860 Thrash relics. your weapon will say 888, but will still be doing damage equiv to 924
    With Luffa, Thrash is worth +60, so 3x 840 Thrash relics will be Artifact ilvl 870

So basically 3x thrash relics at 860ilvl you will do the same damage as 3x 900 relics at 924 ilvl on single target but will be insanely higher on AOE```

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    Copy paste from druid discord pins.

Without Luffa, Thrash is worth +40 relic ilvl. this means that if you have 3x Thrash relics, to do the exact same DPS on ST, you only need 3x 860 Thrash relics. your weapon will say 888, but will still be doing damage equiv to 924
    With Luffa, Thrash is worth +60, so 3x 840 Thrash relics will be Artifact ilvl 870

So basically 3x thrash relics at 860ilvl you will do the same damage as 3x 900 relics at 924 ilvl on single target but will be insanely higher on AOE```
    This is actually old, it would be substantially higher with the new trait.

And doesn't include 2p t19 either (more mangles).

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    This is actually old, it would be substantially higher with the new trait.
    The new math hasn't been verified yet but you are correct. If you have pawsitive or luffa the thrash relic worth goes up substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    The new math hasn't been verified yet but you are correct. If you have pawsitive or luffa the thrash relic worth goes up substantially.
    I currently run an 895 and 905 non-thrash relics. How low would it be worth going ilvl wise to replace them with trash relics assuming luffa is equipped and pawsitive is unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    I currently run an 895 and 905 non-thrash relics. How low would it be worth going ilvl wise to replace them with trash relics assuming luffa is equipped and pawsitive is unlocked?
    You could go as low as 845 if you wanted to it would still be a dps upgrade.

Well I equipped my two thrash relics, lost 6 weapon ilvls and 1 overal ilvl but I'm doing noticeably more damage. Kinda dumb how valuable this trait is to bear dps.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Yeah, it's a bit silly how hard blizzard puts everything in the thrash basket as only viable option to increase our dps substantially. Two crazy good legendaries and two insane traits for the same ability? Meanwhile mangle gets only one offensive trait, moonfire none, both no legendaries either (ignoring lady, as it's not in the guardian loot table).

I'd like to see mangle getting a legendary at least in 7.3 or something...kinda too late for that though.