Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    In regards to OP;

Damn man, your gonna need 7700k + 1080ti for 10 IMO. Level 10 graphics is a huge waste of time although.
    This is the right answer. Not Intel or AMD or Ryzen or i5. It's Intel 7700K. Just saying Intel means that the OP could go out and buy and i3 and have an issue. If the OP doesn't have enough money for the 7700K, then things start to get a bit more fuzzy. Budget is really important when asking a question like this because without that it's easy to get carried away and suggest a system that's not affordable or to get caught up with the i5/Ryzen debate that has cluttered the last 5 pages.

OP, you are far better giving your budget, whether you want a whole PC or just a few parts and then a description of what you will be doing with the PC. If you focus on just one aspect like 10/10 on WOW, you are probably going to end up very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    3200Mhz is now the sweet spot of price to performance which is why I recommended it back on page one. (Which lead to this newest tangent the thread has taken.)

... how did you conclude that 3200 is now the sweet spot when he clearly says that gains past 2666 are largely minimal and not worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Oh and what's the difference between 30man in LFR and 30man in Flex raid? Few extra numbers while doing damage/healing?
    .. Half the mechanics, people afking and not adding their particles/abilities to the mix, et al.

LFR is not a real raid.

And.. that video does not show his settings anywhere. He's got NO shadows running, right off, or at the very most blob shadows. He is NOT running at 1080p max settings.

It's almost like this has been disproven about a billion times before.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2017-04-26 at 04:31 AM.

Since I am at work and I can't provide my "media files", I can do so by linking towards others. I'll link my video later.

Molten Core This will be enough for now. Resolution, 1440p and the comments are quite familiar in the picture.

Oh and what's the difference between 30man in LFR and 30man in Flex raid? Few extra numbers while doing damage/healing?

Here we go -
    Ummm where's your frame counter and you need to show what settings you're using in the video. /invalid

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    3200Mhz is now the sweet spot of price to performance which is why I recommended it back on page one. (Which lead to this newest tangent the thread has taken.)

Yeah if you play games like factorio ram speed matters.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It can give up to 30 FPS more with higher RAM clocks
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ... how did you conclude that 3200 is now the sweet spot when he clearly says that gains past 2666 are largely minimal and not worth it?
    Because that is not what Linus states. Not at all. He states QUOTE: "...So then buy 3200MHz ram? Since that's the sweet spot right? Well... Sure... But it actually depends too what kind of budget you're working with in your system." Time Stamps 6:01 through 6:15. Paraphrase -> He goes on to say if you're running a maxed out system chasing a little more performance then buy higher speeds or if you're on a budget go cheaper. <-Paraphrase. To be clear the "well sure" is italicized to indicate that Linus was waffling on giving a definitive yes.

Only one available. Would've bought 2666 or 2400 it I could. No idea if it could run at 3833 (like this one does) but probably yes.
    Fair enough. Rereading what I typed a few days later I'm sure that question came across as snotty. It wasn't meant to; I was genuinely curious.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

gains past 2666 are largely minimal and not worth it?
    http://www.techspot.com/article/1171...nce/page3.html

Let me get this straight (for you). If I would have a chance to link Mythic raid which is 20man which has more mechanics but 10 less players, that somehow is not equal to "half the mechanics, people afking and not adding thier particles/abilities"????? Sure thing.
    It is.

It has been stated before back in MoP when this stupid debate started.

The average LFR raider does not produce the same workload as the average Heroic(Mythic) raider because they do not play well, they dont care, sometimes they dont even press a button on every GCD, especially the healers.

If you create a raid yourself, full on people at high item level, tryharding in LFR its a better result than a Mythic raid.

You can test it yourself, run warcraftlogs and enter LFR, notice how half the raid doesnt have 99% activity ratio.

Also the biggest load is always during Bloodlust, at least back then it was when the testings etc happened.

Also, since people are clueless about video settings.

That video you posted has no Anti-Aliasing which is the heaviest shit in gaming for the last 10 years.

He also has Particle Density at Good, instead of High like the stupid slider does.

No one said WoW cant run at decent FPS, what everyone is complaining is:

WoW has problems that even the best hardware produce the same results over the years no matter the settings.

Only thing that changes is the resolution, at 1080p even 3 year old GPU can max WoW settings, its when resolution, render scaling and AA come into play where GPU matters, and depending the resolution you play it matters how strong it is.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-29 at 11:14 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is almost impossible dude and certainly not worth the money if you just do it for WoW. I run WoW with 10/10 on 1440p and I run with like 40-50 fps.

My combo:

EVGA Nvidia 1080 Ti +170 clock / +500 memory Watercooled OC
    Intei7 6700k OC 4.7k Ghz
    16gb ddr4 ram XMP profile-enabled
    Samsung EVO 850 500gb rapid mode
    Acer Predator xb271hu screen

I repeat, do not invest this much money for just WoW.

Since I am at work and I can't provide my "media files", I can do so by linking towards others. I'll link my video later.

Molten Core This will be enough for now. Resolution, 1440p and the comments are quite familiar in the picture.

Here we go -
    Nice try. Use a Vanilla raid with old graphics. lmao.. Post getting 60 FPS in a current Mythic raid. LRF and Normal raids do not have all the spell effects going on that Mythic has. Any toaster can run old raids at high fps. I can hit over 1000 FPS in AQ on my rig to give you an idea.

Find my next reply. after the one you read first.

- - - Updated - - -

Check another video I have posted.

Yeah right. I'm quit sure that it works same for me in Mythic raid. Unfortunately, I stopped raiding mythic because mentality of players is plain shit. You don't have to believe me nor I am asking you to. In matter of fact, I know you won't and that makes me happy.

Why would anyone increase render scaling more than 10% or at all and turn on some abnormal AA or more than MSAA 2x or CMAA even when your eye when plays during raids does not even see this?
    Eh, i dont really care about some scrub on the internet with 1% of my knowledge, i am trying to educate you, not mock you.

When games are benchmarked and compared, certain settings are used.

AA is one of them, posting videos without AA, instantly disqualifies any claim you make.

My point still stands that you didnt get, WoW is being compared and mocked because it doesnt perform well for the money thrown at it.

Whether you throw 600$ with an i3 at 4.0Ghz and a 1050 Ti vs a 1200-1500$ i7 6700K as example, i wont use 7700K cause the 500Mhz is too much of a different with a 1080 and the result in FPS is only the 200Mhz difference in other words usually below 5% at the same situation with the same settings.

Versus when you compare any other AA title of 2016-2017 and you can see a difference of up to 40-50% when tested with the same GPU.

As example BF1 one of the better game benchmarks at the moment, an i3 vs i7 with the same GPU produce a difference of 20-30 FPS at minimum FPS, not gonna count max FPS, no point.

Which means, the 600$ PC vs the 1200$ PC will end up with a massive difference as the money indicates.

Which is not the case with WoW.

Thats what people are yelling about, no one cares about what and who, we have figured out how WoW works 7 years ago.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-29 at 05:52 PM.

That wasn't even my clip. I just randomly googled it, because it can be done. Here. Another one and it's not even i7, not 60fps but 50fps but oh well, it's not the best CPU either. Beyond setting level 7 or 8, you don't really see the difference in raids.
    And there go the goalposts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    It is.

It has been stated before back in MoP when this stupid debate started.

The average LFR raider does not produce the same workload as the average Heroic(Mythic) raider because they do not play well, they dont care, sometimes they dont even press a button on every GCD, especially the healers.

If you create a raid yourself, full on people at high item level, tryharding in LFR its a better result than a Mythic raid.

You can test it yourself, run warcraftlogs and enter LFR, notice how half the raid doesnt have 99% activity ratio.

Also the biggest load is always during Bloodlust, at least back then it was when the testings etc happened.

Also, since people are clueless about video settings.

That video you posted has no Anti-Aliasing which is the heaviest shit in gaming for the last 10 years.

He also has Particle Density at Good, instead of High like the stupid slider does.

No one said WoW cant run at decent FPS, what everyone is complaining is:

WoW has problems that even the best hardware produce the same results over the years no matter the settings.

Only thing that changes is the resolution, at 1080p even 3 year old GPU can max WoW settings, its when resolution, render scaling and AA come into play where GPU matters, and depending the resolution you play it matters how strong it is.
    Listen to this man. The fps difference between LFR with drooling mongoloids and mythic raiders all doing cooldowns and 100% activity is night and day

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how you are constantly sticking to "CAN'T BE DONE". I am happy because of that.
    You still haven't showed that it can be done
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I love how you are constantly sticking to "CAN'T BE DONE". I am happy because of that.
    Because no one has done it. Every time someone says they have, they can't back it up.

People with custom liquid cooled rigs and massive over clocks can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Thats what people are yelling about, no one cares about what and who, we have figured out how WoW works 7 years ago.
    I'm surprised there isn't a stickied thread on how the warcraft engine works so we can succinctly inform people without wasting time on trolls.

Thing is, you think "It can't have it at all" while I think "there are encounters that it can and there are those that it can't".

- - - Updated - - -

It can't?
    Think you're missing the point, posters are talking about a solid 60fps in mythic raiding not LFR, Earlier posters have already stated that activity level between the two is night and day which affects FPS during encounters adversely. I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove by posting these videos at the point????

Also you haven't posted a video yet that shows what settings are in use. ???
    Last edited by Bigvizz; 2017-05-01 at 02:35 AM.

It can't?
    You are a mongoloid of epic proportions same as the dude that posted this video.

Xavius fight, aka 0 graphical world effects for the bonus of the 60 fps video like we are retarded and we dont know what he is trying to do.

He dips to 50-55 FPS throughout half the fight, the one time it remains for a good 10 seconds at 55 FPS he turns the view to the sky "randomly".

Half that fucking raid is standing there.

No demanding calculation addons running.

And once again, no Anti-Aliasing.

Give up, there are some of us that know how settings works and actually know how shit works, you can keep trying all you want, myself and 10 others will always find the flaws in your videos.

Do you want to have any credibility at what you post?

Go Mythic Skorpyron with 10/10 graphics and MSAAx8, not even gonna ask for SSAA, we know its impossible.

Good luck.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-05-01 at 12:03 AM.

Thing is, you think "It can't have it at all" while I think "there are encounters that it can and there are those that it can't".

- - - Updated - - -

It can't?

It can't. The engine is not capable of it. That video proves nothing, it did not show settings and dropped below 60 at points anyway. So yeah, it can't be done.

No one is saying you can't have a mostly smooth experience and stay above 60 most of the time. There are just situations which will bring any PC below 60. Yes, with a few select settings turned down, it's entirely possible. That's not what this thread was asking for though and not what some people claim they can do without ever showing proof of it.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It can't?
    You still haven't showed a video with settings 10 and constantly running 60 fps or more and that video is not showing it and he is dipping under 60 fps in that video and it is in LFR.