Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Even Sirius/XM stations play the same 20 or so songs all day, just with no commercials
    Depending on the channel that's true, but satellite has the benefit of having a fuckton of stations to choose from. Shall I listen to Alt Nation? How about Octane? Naw, I'll go for Lithium. Well, maybe 90s on 9. Or hey, Hits 1 for a bit before they recycle the playlist. Now I wanna jam Classic Vinyl.

Choices choices!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    What do you have against mostly naked women? Mostly naked women are the second greatest thing, only next to completely naked women!
    I have nothing against mostly naked women. I have everything against the use of mostly naked women to entice horny gross men to buy or do things.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

did deliveries for about 5 years some year back. pretty much killed the radio for me. I listen to AM sports talk radio most the time now lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    If radio stations actually played a better variety than their revolving playlists, it might not be dying. When I worked in South Florida, the station we were allowed to have on was guaranteed to recycle songs within a 2 hour time span, it was pretty much a sure thing you'd hear 2 different songs from Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and "current disposable hit artist X" within their rotation 2 hours. The classic rock station wasn't any better, which is sad because they should have a tremendous catalog of rock to pull from. In the car I'd either listen to the music on my phone or talk radio. I had Sirius for a while and it really wasn't any better, I was on a road trip and they played the same crap every day.
    I think the counterargument is that by playing familiar playlists, stations will increase and/or maintain ratings. Evidently, the bankruptcy situation suggests otherwise, but that's the counterargument.
    Skoldier for life.