Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    New PTR build is out.

Can anyone explain the Empowered Stormlash nerf to me? Was the base spell buffed elsewhere?
    Haha they are changing stuff every patch not knowing what to do anymore. Our class dev is an ashole presumably if we even had one. Unsubbed until next xpac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    New PTR build is out.

Can anyone explain the Empowered Stormlash nerf to me? Was the base spell buffed elsewhere?
    They nerfed tempest very hard so they nerfed overcharge and ESL too...

The t75 row is now much worse than on live. To conpensate they buffed aura from 4 to 7%, increased stormbronger by 3% baseline. Additionally they buffed windfury trait.

So they nerf a talent row and incrrase baseline damage.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-05-10 at 06:51 AM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a meme.

Theorycrafters: Hey, if you moved our T19 4pc into Tempest, we could retain a way to proc Stormbringer and a reason to use Lava Lash.

Devs: We got you Fam, heres T19 2pc. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    What a meme.

Theorycrafters: Hey, if you moved our T19 4pc into Tempest, we could retain a way to proc Stormbringer and a reason to use Lava Lash.

Well, we truly are Memehancers.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

So if I understand the most recent PTR patch notes... they have nerfed our mastery, but now Stormbringer can proc off melee attacks, not just MH, so that means that LL can proc SB.. basically the set bonus was baked in? I assume thats why the T19 4 set was changed as well. That is a pretty good tradeoff I suppose, will prob lead to more SB procs overall. Looks like Wind STrikes was nerfed too, which kinda seems too harsh.... I like the buff from 3 to 6 sec duration, but the nerf from 10% atk speed on rank 1 to 3% is too much, should be 5% instead. Wind Strikes was good but not insanely good, only like 3-5 ilvls better not +10 or anything crazy. So double the duration and half the atk spd bonus is fair.

Also, I still don't get the T20 set bonuses. If the T19 2 set bonus is still "CL gives +crit for 16 sec" then whats the point of the 4 set being able to stack up to 30... no way we will get even half that if we are using CL every 20 sec basically. They also clarified that it only buffs the initial CL hit. Seems they expect us to just build charges for a long time and then unleash it with a CL for lots of damage, but that doesn't make much sense.... maybe on single target, but you want CL buffs for aoe/cleave not single target, and in aoe situations you will use CL on cd, every 6-10 sec basically so almost no stacks of the set bonus buff to CL making it almost useless to do more damage in aoe which is what would make the most sense (and what we need buffs more in, our aoe/cleave dmg).

Very poorly designed if you ask me... and now that the 4set no longer relies on crit, there is even less reason for the 2set to give a crit buff. The 2 set should be based on a single target ability, giving either a damage modifier or give a buff... and 4 set help increase cleave or single target. Something like this maybe...

2 set = Your flametongue increases damage and crit by 3-5% for 16 sec.

4 set = After using flametongue, your next LL does 20% more damage and hits all enemies infront of you.

Much better imo. The buff doesn't rely on an aoe ability, so no need to use CL on single target, rather ur FT which u use often. The 4 set will buff LL so good for either single or aoe, but gives a nice cleave addition to LL and we lack a burstier cleave option. Another alternative for 4 set is like "CL increases damage of your next CL by 200%" to give rampup and be useful for aoe situations (instead of what they have now which is the opposite and trying ot make CL more useful for single target and not aoe).

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Wind Strikes was good but not insanely good
    You're right, it still was our best relic option though but I would have expected the others to be buffed, a bit like what they did in a previous 7.2.5 iteration to wind surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Something like this maybe...

2 set = Your flametongue increases damage and crit by 3-5% for 16 sec.

4 set = After using flametongue, your next LL does 20% more damage and hits all enemies infront of you.
    I was also expecting something along those lines.
    I get that they want to push another buff to keep up on yourself through their t20 but at least make it a good buff...

Wow, you can understand that the blizzard really ended up fucking with Enhanc ...
    Besides these nerfs that we suffered, I began to have a great difficulty like meele to hit a decent rotation.

I do not know if I use BF or HH at level 15, at n 60 I do not know if it's HS or AS ... Honestly, I'm fairly decent with ilvl, but dps shameful.

I no longer know if I invest in mastery or Haste.

Match with a light to help me with build and rotation?

I do not know if I should use Enhanced Fury in rotation or not.
    Last edited by wellersonleall; 2017-05-18 at 02:26 PM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wellersonleall View Post
    Wow, you can understand that the blizzard really ended up fucking with Enhanc ...
    Besides these nerfs that we suffered, I began to have a great difficulty like meele to hit a decent rotation.

I do not know if I use BF or HH at level 15, at n 60 I do not know if it's HS or AS ... Honestly, I'm fairly decent with ilvl, but dps shameful.

I no longer know if I invest in mastery or Haste.

Match with a light to help me with build and rotation?

I do not know if I should use Enhanced Fury in rotation or not.
    Thats because you need to go a read a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    You're right, it still was our best relic option though but I would have expected the others to be buffed, a bit like what they did in a previous 7.2.5 iteration to wind surge.
    Yea, I coulda sworn they buffed the imbue trait "weapon of elements" but looks like I was wrong, might have been just the base damage of imbues. But yea, they should buff other traits... wind surge was good, but should do more for weapon of elements like having it effect the periodic damage. Wind strikes nerf should be reverted or only reduced down to 5% from 10%... 3% makes it seem so gimp, its nice to have a relic to focus on.

I was also expecting something along those lines.
    I get that they want to push another buff to keep up on yourself through their t20 but at least make it a good buff...
    Yea, make it a useful buff... crit is okay, its more damage but rng while basic +%dmg is always good and since we have no interaction with crit, a +crit buff is useless... even moreso since the 4set doesn't rely on crits anymore (which seems to have been the whole reason they made the 2set a +crit buff in the first place). Making it based on an aoe ability instead of single target doesn't make much sense either. I much prefer basing it off FT... that way, your RB/BF gives buffs via talents, and your FT gives buffs via set bonus... FT has a 12 sec cd that is single target, and is an imbue we try to keep up to enhance our weapons so adding a damage buff makes perfect sense for the "enhancement" theme.

What a meme.

Yea, very lazy design right there. I was afraid this would happen when people started to complain about Tempest.... it may have resulted in spam, but it worked... did great damage, felt good to chain SS, and with 2 subpar talent choices in that tier it didn't matter much. It helped deal with the rng of SB procs too, cause with an extra charge you had many more opportunities to proc SB in those 3 SS's.

It may work out alright tho... the crit bonus is nice and will make those SB procs feel more powerful... and reduce the spam that they wanted to get rid of, but I'm still not sure it was necessary. Why empowered stormlash still exists is beyond me too, I don't think a single person uses this talent.

And on the plus side, SB now procs off all melee attacks, so they basically baked the 4set cause LL can proc SB now. So that is certainly a good change and perhaps worth it despite other nerfs overall.

Thats because you need to go a read a guide.

And do you know any good guides that can help me in this matter? I've read a 3 different and sincerely say very different things and I do not know which is the most appropriate.

Here is my char:

worldofwarcraft.com/en/character/goldrinn/cannix

Deleted
    And do you know any good guides that can help me in this matter? I've read a 3 different and sincerely say very different things and I do not know which is the most appropriate.

Here is my char:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/enhanc...-dps-easy-mode

One of the best if not the best.

Here is my char:

If you have any dps logs it will make it easier to give suggestions. Your gear for the most part seems fine, just remember to focus on mastery/haste stuff, try and have atleast one of those on each piece, which u basically have, but best is if u can get both. If u can trade some of those crit pieces for mastery/haste stuff will be better. You def need more tier gear tho, atleast the 2 set if not the 4 set. Have u just been unlucky with drops? Run normal NH and LFR NH every week and use those bonus rolls, even if its just 860 ilvl from LFR it is worth it for that 2set. Trinkets look good too, got lucky with that chrono shard/neck combo.... but if u can get a Convergence of Fates from NH then it might be worth using that for one of ur trinket slots, it lets you use feral spirits every min which can boost dps.

For talents, I would go with Boulderfist, AS, Tempest, Crash Storm. Not Windsong and Fury of Air. Its the standard build and more reliable for dps, plus you will def want to use it once u get the set bonuses. Fairly simple rotation too, just hit SS everytime its up, keep BF and FT buffs up, and use LL to dump maelstrom. Add Crash Lightning for cleave situations.

Someone linked the icy veins guide, that is a good place to go to read more details.

Deleted
    New legendary datamined for 7.2.5.

Primal Ascendant's Stormcallers

The legendary ring now gives us Tempest. I dunno. Empowered Stormlash feels like it doesn't contribute enough to my damage and I hate, hate, hate weaving LB into my rotation.

Just buff us 20% baseline and give us more procks, maby nerf ss 10%.. so we can get more procs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    Just buff us 20% baseline and give us more procks, maby nerf ss 10%.. so we can get more procs!
    Anything except that thank you... Even snes games had more buttons to press that the gameplay you asking for

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Anything except that thank you... Even snes games had more buttons to press that the gameplay you asking for
    You mean demon hunters which exactly have that kind of gameplay?

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    You mean demon hunters which exactly have that kind of gameplay?
    If that's the case, even more reason for our spec not to duplicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If that's the case, even more reason for our spec not to duplicate it.
    Not disagreeing here, but it would be quite fun to just hammer 1 button and have the same dps as other classes like Demon Hunters that press Blade Dance and Chaos Strike repeatedly.

*tips m'fedora*

Deleted
    Stormbringer Your weapon attacks have a 5.0% 5.1% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Stormstrike, and cause your next Stormstrike to cost 50% less Maelstrom and trigger no cooldown. Shaman - Enhancement Spec.
    Hot Hand Melee attacks with Flametongue active have a chance to make your next Lava Lash cost no Maelstrom and deal 100% increased damage. Enhancement Shaman - Level 15 Talent. Approximately 3.5 procs per minute. 2.5 procs per minute.
    Crashing Storm Crash Lightning also electrifies the ground, leaving an electrical field behind which damages enemies within it for [ 6 + 96% [ 7 + 112% of AP ] Nature damage over 6 sec. Enhancement Shaman - Level 90 Talent.
    Empowered Stormlash Stormlash now spreads to 1 additional target and deals 25% 50% additional damage. Enhancement Shaman - Level 75 Talent.
    Bloodlust Increases Haste by 30% for all party and raid members for 40 sec. Allies receiving this effect will become Sated and unable to benefit from Bloodlust or Time Warp again for 10 min. Instant. 5 min cooldown. 21.5% of Base Mana. Instant. 5 min cooldown.

Best buffs and nerfs ever. I would probably play enhance in 7.2.5. for 101%. Crappy devs.
    Last edited by mmocc38dedb5a3; 2017-06-01 at 07:52 AM.