Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So I am anti-abortion, but pro-choice... this is one case where I would be like... I guess you can get one since it's your choice but also fuck you... you're a shit person.

- - - Updated - - -

I see a problem with aborting babies because one what's a specific sex... I see a HUGE problem with that. Aborting one because you're not ready, or there is something wrong with it, okay... but "eh it's a girl but I wanted a boy, snuff it out." like no... that's fucked up.
    How can you snuff it out when its not actually a human?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    How can you snuff it out when its not actually a human?
    Potentially a life... it's life, it'll very likely develop into life... they're ending it...

I don't want to get into this whole stupid debate of

"well it's not really a life it's just some cells"

It's a bundle of human cells that becomes a living human that is being halted mid progression because someone rather a boy than a girl, and i personally find that disgusting.

Like if a person told me that I'd just be like "oh wow... you're kind of horrible." while thinking they're a piece of shit.

Potentially a life... it's life, it'll very likely develop into life... they're ending it...

I don't want to get into this whole stupid debate of

"well it's not really a life it's just some cells"

It's a bundle of human cells that becomes a living human that is being halted mid progression because someone rather a boy than a girl, and i personally find that disgusting.
    And you're assuming its gender

I dont see the issue really, its their choice to do whatever they want to do since abortion is legal.

Deleted
    Well it's in their right to do so and i don't believe you should ban it's up to the mother if she wants an abortion or not. I might not personally agree with that choice i frankly believe it to be idiotic blood is blood whatever it's a boy or a girl. Different cultural view

And you're assuming its gender
    Aren't the Indian would-be parents, as well? They could give birth to a "female" child who winds up transgendered and transitioning to a male.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Aren't the Indian would-be parents, as well? They could give birth to a "female" child who winds up transgendered and transitioning to a male.
    Nope, they don't have a cultural issue with women wanting to be men so its just a female/girl child to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And just how are you going to enforce that?

The typical right wing way of banning all abortions just to be sure, which really doesnt ban abortions at all, since the question isnt between no abortions and abortions it is between safe abortions and coathangers and women dying from unsafe abortions.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a pro-choice person, I really don't see how it's anyone's damn business.

Is it shitty? Sure. But I'm not here to determine other people's morals.

EDIT: if Canadians want this to change the only way they can do it is through social change and getting Indo-immigrants to recognize girls as being just as valuable as boys.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I don't see the issue.

Can someone explain the outrage or what is wrong with this?
    Life is sacred if its a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I don't see the issue.

Can someone explain the outrage or what is wrong with this?
    The "outrage" is in it's hypocrisy. As usual, it is just another example of MSM sensationalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If they want to select the sex of their child in this fashion, that's their business. Better they have a male child they love than a female child they'd be somewhat miffed about. We really don't need more moralistic meddling in issues of personal autonomy.
    That's disgusting. And it only gives the religious right more ammunition to be able to ban abortion.

I see a problem with aborting babies because one what's a specific sex... I see a HUGE problem with that. Aborting one because you're not ready, or there is something wrong with it, okay... but "eh it's a girl but I wanted a boy, snuff it out." like no... that's fucked up.
    Again, either a woman has bodily autonomy or not. If they do, it is none of your damn business, and no, you do not get a say. The point where you set up a list of reasons that are acceptable to have an abortion is the point where you've taken away women's bodily autonomy.

I don't care why a woman wants an abortion, and they shouldn't have to submit their reason for approval.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2017-04-25 at 03:27 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A lot of folks here seem to be mistaking support for access to safe and legal abortions with support for abortions.

Y'all realize those are two different opinions that are not inherently related...right?
    They are the same. Just one is sugar coated so as to make a person feel more justified.

But this is Canada. Their country, their values and laws. Personally I think it is disgusting.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-04-25 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'd rather give them "ammo" than a legal precedent that's logically consistent with their position.

Free advice: If you only value rights when they're used the way you would use them, you don't value rights.
    You mean like the blasphemy law Canada just passed?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like the blasphemy law Canada just past?
    1. Not a law.

2. It has nothing to do with blasphemy.

3. The word is "passed".

I think that's your quota for incorrect statements today.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

1. Not a law.

2. It has nothing to do with blasphemy.

3. The word is "passed".

I think that's your quota for incorrect statements today.
    So its not anti criticism of Islam?

10+ Year Old Account
    So its not anti criticism of Islam?
    No, it is not. This is the entire text of said motion.

That, in the opinion of the House, the government should: (a) recognize the need to quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear; (b) condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination and take note of House of Commons’ petition e-411 and the issues raised by it; and (c) request that the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage undertake a study on how the government could (i) develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination including Islamophobia, in Canada, while ensuring a community-centered focus with a holistic response through evidence-based policy-making, (ii) collect data to contextualize hate crime reports and to conduct needs assessments for impacted communities, and that the Committee should present its findings and recommendations to the House no later than 240 calendar days from the adoption of this motion, provided that in its report, the Committee should make recommendations that the government may use to better reflect the enshrined rights and freedoms in the Constitution Acts, including the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

So its to silence critics of Islam, so its a blasphemy law. I mean you can shape the field of play however you want to make yourself feel better, it doesn't mention a single other religion in it. Its all about suppression of anti Islam criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They are the same. Just one is sugar coated so as to make a person feel more justified.

But this is Canada. Their country, their values and laws. Personally I think it is disgusting.
    Actually they are different. I don't have to support the reason for an abortion in order to support the right for people to have them.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Sex-Selective abortions aren't happening in the USA as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So its to silence critics of Islam, so its a blasphemy law. I mean you can shape the field of play however you want to make yourself feel better, it doesn't mention a single other religion in it. Its all about suppression of anti Islam criticism.
    1) It's not a law.
    2) "condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination and take note of House of Commons’ petition e-411 and the issues raised by it;"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.