M Star Augur Boomkin LF Help

Hello! My team is close to beating M Star Augur, we will have a kill even at current dps levels as we are able to 1 tank 3 heal. However, in comparing our logs to other logs, most teams are all doing over 700k and we have 8 below that; we are even using vantus runes.

Are you able to take a look at these logs and give me some suggestions for our Boomkin Terrador on how to raise the dps a bit? It is possible my expectations are too high but I just wanted to double check so appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thank you!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&difficulty=0

All basic stuff is fine

Correct Talents
    Overcapping AP is minimal
    Not overcapping moons
    Dot uptime is good
    Using dreamcatcher his starsurge vs lunar strike / solar wrath usage looks pretty good (hard to tell at a glance with dreamcatcher).
    Using cooldowns correctly
    Gear looks good

This is just at a glance but I can't find fault with anything. Its probably all down to min-maxing during movement, especially with the dreamcatcher. Min-maxing spells to prioritise during cooldowns, etc.
    Hopefully he didn't jump on the lag tolerance boat and reduce his tolerance so far that he can't chain spells together.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune

Well moonkins are weak single target and even more so when movement is involved (P2 poison is hell). I would not expect a moonkin to do amazing single target DPS unless they have the Helm/Ring legendary combo.

Deleted
    Looking at most of your better attempts dps was not the issue that caused the wipe, silly deaths were. Many times u didnt avoid the 2nd fel phase conjunction cos a dps was face down. Your best attempt you wiped to the 2nd conjunction in phase 4. I highly suggest that you have designated people hold on to cds for the second add and the ranged killed it even during the conjunction, really take a chill during the conjunction there is no rush, you guys have the dps to kill the add before its second void cast, doing so will ensure u get an easy kill. No need for you to focus on individual players dps, just focus on your raid strategy and getting them comfortable in that phase, goodluck.

OK there are other bits of advice i can offer to him, tell him not to use his second cds and pot until hero, hes always about to drop his incarn when hero is about to pop, its pretty silly to not wait 20 seconds for hero even if hes playing the ring.
    Secondly he needs to play with whispers in this fight and learn how to use it perfectly, its godly in this fight. If he does these things correctly he'll probably squeeze another 70-100k (depending on procs) by the fight end.
    Last edited by mmoc1dfe8b1511; 2017-04-25 at 03:31 PM.

Whispers is OP. But will make it harder to use the legendary head. I refuse to use the head because of all these erratic haste trinkets this tier.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthegoat View Post
    Whispers is OP. But will make it harder to use the legendary head. I refuse to use the head because of all these erratic haste trinkets this tier.
    Its actually this synergy with helm and whispers that makes it really OP and for me the added complexity makes boomie interesting. Its very rewarding to get the rotation correct when vs other boomies i just wish it was more rewarding vs frost mages / affliction locks

Tell him to use a different legendary than the helm. M Star Augur is not suited for ED at all, getting injection messes with it, conjunction messes with it, fel ejection messes with it, turning away from the add messes with it, getting into position to avoid eye beam messes with it. I also personally hate whispers, you need a good 905+ titanforge for the haste scaling to be worth it
    Last edited by Myztikrice; 2017-04-25 at 04:48 PM.

you just have to plan more with whispers. save your quicker casts for slow phase. bank a little ap (dont cap just bank a little) and that'll get your through it without much loss. a whispers at almost any IL is still worth using.

Sims are not reality

You can easily use ED on Augur. You move with Star Surge during Ejection. You have a brief period of time after a patch of fire spawns to move before it applies a DoT. Signs last forever now so you can easily plan your movement around ED.

@OP. Looking at pull 31, he had 20 Sunfire casts which is far too many. He's moving too much and not casting enough. Playing with ED is all about maximizing your casting uptime and building as much AsP as possible so you can continue dumping Star Surges into the priority target.

I'd also suggest saving lust for P4 since you're 3 healing. Lusting on one of the adds to prevent an extra AoE going off will let your healers save a CD to use on the add you don't burn with lust. I'm not sure if you're lusting in P3 to skip a conjunction or to skip as many ejections as you can.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

His starsurge use is poor which is the main reason for him under performing. Casts were also well down compared to other high parsing boomkins. I'd say they need to watch their movement and learn the fight better but their consistently only parsing around the 50% mark so I'd say it's overall sloppy rotation/casting.

Tell them to download the Weak Aura for tracking your current haste level and what casts you can get off between SS (at work so can't post direct link to wagio).

Other than that they just need to practice on a training dummy and tidy up their casting. Not sure if they're new to boomkin.

If he has the wrist, I would really suggest for him to go starfall build. The reason is using ED is really punishing on ur DPS if u make mistakes or has to move far in a short time. Where with the starfall build u can do a lot more DPS on the move and the max output of those two builds are not much of a difference. Sure ED is a head, but if u makes mistakes in ur rotation, then the starfall build will pull ahead.
    U can see here with the starfall build how much dmg I do to the boss over 6min (the same marker as ur best pull) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Compared to the same with ED build https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...71&end=9722126

Take in not that I have a bit better gear for starfall and I also has a bit more traits in the starfall build at the time.

And lastly with the starfall build, it is so much easier to focus on tacts than it is with ED. U dont really have that much to keep up in starfall build, and u can easily stop for 2 sec and look around and see wtf is going on, where u cannot do so that easily with ED.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    U can see here with the starfall build how much dmg I do to the boss over 6min (the same marker as ur best pull) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Compared to the same with ED build https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...71&end=9722126
    First log is private, so he can't actually see the difference.

I actually think boomkin does really well on star augur. Loses a bit of damage in the fel phase to unlucky forced movement at bad times, but if you can dodge the first conjunction or get lucky with proximity then usually I'm near the top of the meters.

It really is all about how you manage your movement between globals:
    Be near the edge of the room
    Only move after and during instant casts, but make sure not to miss your global
    Predict where you need to go, be near meteors and your stack points, and inch there bit by bit.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    First log is private, so he can't actually see the difference.
    Oh damn, my bad, our guild just recently changed to go private logs, sorry about that, but I cannot make it public so you can see it :/