M Star Augur - Spriest LF Help

Hello! My team is close to beating M Star Augur, we will have a kill even at current dps levels as we are able to 1 tank 3 heal. However, in comparing our logs to other logs, most teams are all doing over 700k and we have 8 below that; we are even using vantus runes.

Are you able to take a look at these logs and give me some suggestions for our spriests Shaelpia and Ante on how to raise the dps a bit? It is possible my expectations are too high but I just wanted to double check so appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thank you! (Also I know spriest is an execute class so it's likely they are doing everything right, just double checkin for all our dps)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&difficulty=0

Is Shaelpia a new priest? They are horribly itemized. Way too much crit/vers, not enough mastery.

Ante seems to be doing everything correct.

Both have the rotation and CD usage generally correct. Keep in mind <30% is another damage spike for shadow priests so if you're not getting to <5% their performance isn't gonna be accurate.

While theres always room for improvement remember shadow priests are an execute class. They gain 20% damage on targets below 35% health and they can use their execute sub 20%. This gives them more resources to extend their void forms which is more damage. So you'll see their damage climb the further below 35% you get.

Logs where these circumstances dont happen (wipes above 35%) always make the SP's look a little worse.

Yeah definitely agree, they will shine on our kills no doubt. Just posting for everyone below 700k, makes it easier. Thanks for the itemization tip, I will talk to Shaelpia about his gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaea3 View Post
    Is Shaelpia a new priest? They are horribly itemized. Way too much crit/vers, not enough mastery.

Ante seems to be doing everything correct.

Both have the rotation and CD usage generally correct. Keep in mind <30% is another damage spike for shadow priests so if you're not getting to <5% their performance isn't gonna be accurate.
    Shaelpia is itemized towards AS, and is doing nothing wrong in particular with gearing. It's usually not a choice, but circumstance and luck with loot that pushes you one way or the other.

This is our kill on star augur. Pretty bad stream quality, but watchable.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138186814

I get some good whisper procs on this one, but I had the same dps mostly every pull that was deep p3.
    I obviously die to a huge mistake at the end, but the part up until that was decent minus a couple mistakes.

Honestly though, from looking at logs they both play pretty good. As a shadow priest you will be bottom of the dps before p3, there is just no way around it. Especially with sephuz, p3 is going to push your damage through the roof. Additional targets, 100% uptime on ToF, SW: D etc. I'd say they are atleast not pulling you back.
    Last edited by Jullyx; 2017-04-26 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritolite View Post
    Shaelpia is itemized towards AS, and is doing nothing wrong in particular with gearing. It's usually not a choice, but circumstance and luck with loot that pushes you one way or the other.
    That's why I asked if they are a new priest. If they're not, surely they've seen a few haste mastery pieces they're passing up. They are wearing a 900 haste/vers ring - I see about 3 haste/mastery rings a week drop 890-895 just running heroic Gul'dan and a few dungeons. They're also wearing an 880 haste stat stick. They're hamstringing their dps trying to reach an artificial haste value with rings/trinkets.

Itemizing towards AS is not the current highest dps choice. You either have the gear to go SL or you work towards getting gear to go SL. But regardless of AS/SL mastery is worth more than haste.

If you want the experts' opinion you should post over at howtopriest.com in the gear and log review section. They are both playing well, but Shael's gear choices are holding them back.

Deleted
    Their voidform uptimes are a bit low, should never really be below 75% on single target, 80 is the goal for the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    Their voidform uptimes are a bit low, should never really be below 75% on single target, 80 is the goal for the whole fight.
    It becomes a lot lower on wipes and early deaths. Like Shaelpia died on their best attempt, which lowers it quite a bit. VF uptime seems decent for the most part. Maybe some short void forms with CDs, like Anta getting 39 stacks with 3rd PI is pretty low, but it can get hectic there, so he is excused imo.

I honestly dont think their priests should be a concern though there obviously is room for improvement.

Considering most of your wipes are above 35% (execute range) also the add, assuming the spriests arent dying, their DPS is fine.
    Even if they were below average performers, their execute range is strong enough to validate their raid postion.

I would be questioning why some of your other DPS are falling behind, especially the currently OP ones.

On your best attempt so far, there was a few earlier deaths, focus on execution and it will die next raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    It becomes a lot lower on wipes and early deaths. Like Shaelpia died on their best attempt, which lowers it quite a bit. VF uptime seems decent for the most part. Maybe some short void forms with CDs, like Anta getting 39 stacks with 3rd PI is pretty low, but it can get hectic there, so he is excused imo.

I honestly dont think their priests should be a concern though there obviously is room for improvement.
    Can you help me too please?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=23

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Your transmog sucks.

(Was this serious? You're 96th percentile.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Your transmog sucks.

(Was this serious? You're 96th percentile.)
    Well that's just rude.
    And yes, always room to improve. Maybe someone can spot something and give some tips.

Just do what I did:

1) Fuck up your first PI and get 0 tentacle procs
    2) Press your PI during hero but it doesnt go off and you notice too late becasue you run standard UI and don't track it.
    3) Get killed by tank circle graphics thing not being correct in fel phase
    4) Get 3 whispers procs compared to 6 last week
    5) Crit less than you should with every single ability
    6) Die again in last phase
    7) Get rank 1

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

I guess you are trolling, so I semitroll you back, but obviously you play it good. You had a pretty good pull RNG wise in terms of tentacle timing and whispers proc, but overall, with your gear you did a really great job.

Assuming are not trolling (which you are) and you really want to min.max dps to get a good rank, here are the minor things I find:

1) Maybe to focus on void form up time. It is pretty crucial with LI to not stay out for long.
    Compared to my log the difference is weighted by opener where I have belt + arcane torrent and you not getting any ZE procs before you enter VF, so it really is no big deal.
    2) I'd advice unbinding berserking from PI and using it last 10 sec of PI instead. I don't know the exact math behind this, but it does make sense.
    3) You can pretty reliably VT most of the Voidlings in last phase and get some higher numbers that way. The ones that spawn far out I'd use SWP on as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    Just do what I did:

1) Fuck up your first PI and get 0 tentacle procs
    2) Press your PI during hero but it doesnt go off and you notice too late becasue you run standard UI and don't track it.
    3) Get killed by tank circle graphics thing not being correct in fel phase
    4) Get 3 whispers procs compared to 6 last week
    5) Crit less than you should with every single ability
    6) Die again in last phase
    7) Get rank 1

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

I guess you are trolling, so I semitroll you back, but obviously you play it good. You had a pretty good pull RNG wise in terms of tentacle timing and whispers proc, but overall, with your gear you did a really great job.

Assuming are not trolling (which you are) and you really want to min.max dps to get a good rank, here are the minor things I find:

1) Maybe to focus on void form up time. It is pretty crucial with LI to not stay out for long.
    Compared to my log the difference is weighted by opener where I have belt + arcane torrent and you not getting any ZE procs before you enter VF, so it really is no big deal.
    2) I'd advice unbinding berserking from PI and using it last 10 sec of PI instead. I don't know the exact math behind this, but it does make sense.
    3) You can pretty reliably VT most of the Voidlings in last phase and get some higher numbers that way. The ones that spawn far out I'd use SWP on as well.
    Man, I'm not trolling lol. I agree about the beserking thing and the void form thing. I wish I had belt/bracer/shoulder to play around with. With belt, When you dump your x5 vb, is it actually worth it to x2 mb and vb again before using torrent?

But yeah. Honestly I'm just surprised you did 150k more dps than me, And was trying to figure out why .

Man, I'm not trolling lol. I agree about the beserking thing and the void form thing. I wish I had belt/bracer/shoulder to play around with. With belt, When you dump your x5 vb, is it actually worth it to x2 mb and vb again before using torrent?

But yeah. Honestly I'm just surprised you did 150k more dps than me, And was trying to figure out why .
    I think cloak+sephuz or belt+sephuz is best for mostly every boss. Bracers are good on consistant multitarget, but it happens so rarely, especially with faster kill timers now.

Regardless of whether you have belt or not you should MB+GCD+VB before using first Vtor after 4p. There are a couple reasons for this, the most important being:
    1) Pausing insanity drain is more important the closer you are to no longer capping insanity, aka 9-10 stacks is better than 5-6.
    2) Using Vtor on 9-10 stacks still allows for perfect CD timing, aka it allows you to still use it next voidform and its back up for 9 stacks on second PI.

I could probably go over my recording of the kill and talk about some minor min.max stuff if you want, but I don't know when I will have time for it. Busy writing 40 pages about cotton..................................................... #notfun

Quote Originally Posted by Archaea3 View Post
    That's why I asked if they are a new priest. If they're not, surely they've seen a few haste mastery pieces they're passing up. They are wearing a 900 haste/vers ring - I see about 3 haste/mastery rings a week drop 890-895 just running heroic Gul'dan and a few dungeons. They're also wearing an 880 haste stat stick. They're hamstringing their dps trying to reach an artificial haste value with rings/trinkets.

Itemizing towards AS is not the current highest dps choice. You either have the gear to go SL or you work towards getting gear to go SL. But regardless of AS/SL mastery is worth more than haste.

If you want the experts' opinion you should post over at howtopriest.com in the gear and log review section. They are both playing well, but Shael's gear choices are holding them back.
    And they're also doing the correct choice if they're passing up on haste/mastery choices more than 5 ilevels below their current pieces. That's how close AS and SL are on ST right now. With a complete gear set optimised towards AS you will not lose only in the ballpark of 1% dps compared to a full SL set - assuming the same ilevel. There's a much bigger difference if you trade 5 ilevels across your whole gear just to get the best stats.

It may also be the case that Shaelpia favors crit pieces so that both priests can gear simultaneously, rather than having to compete for mastery/haste pieces and thus slowing down their gearing.