Thread: Bursting Affix

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Skip this week, it's awful

Deleted
    So good that last week were the easy affixes. Makes us get higher keys this ID

I did Court of Stars 12 on my resto druid and the affix could be largely ignored. It's only 5% health dot per mob. The only deaths we had were in an imp pack and for some reason people got 8 stacks??? I thought imp packs were only 6 or so, this was the pack on the right side. Perhaps there was 8.

Either way all this affix does is stops you from pulling large multiple packs together (at least at the same time, delayed pack pulling would work). Some instances may be annoying like EoA were there's already big small packs of 8+.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-04-26 at 02:43 PM.

I have +8 arcway key and i was thinking about those big splitting slimes at entrance, is affix triggered only by the first big one?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Speedrunning is shit, But it is a good week to push since damage of 1-2 stacks is almost not noticeable. Guess i'm fifty-fifty on this affix, i like to speedrun low keys instead of running higher keys; but it would make it easier to push 18-20 for a better AP chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Is it possible to outrange the debuff?
    Tested this yesterday - no, not reasonably. At around 100 yard range, it did not hit me. At 70-80 yd range, it did. That's much too far to really be feasible. Going out of LoS of the dying mob also doesn't work.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    weird affix that basically only punished you if you do small keys
    Kinda like bolstering. You mostly don't feel that on high keys either.

is exactly the ilganoth blood explosion dot. so cloak,ams immunities remove the dot and can prevent applications. also the radius is 60 yards so you can even have half the group run away and have the tank finish the adds off at the end if u needed.

Ran several dungeons last night as a DPS and a couple as a healer (shm). The affix was fairly trivial. With the exception of the wyrmtongues at the start of Vault. The big group that runs back and forth up the last set of stairs behind those legit mobs. We ended up getting like a 9 stack and had some deaths.

I found that not everything triggers it though, luckily. Also in Vault, the imps don't burst. I'd imagine trash in other places is similar. I'm particularly curious about the splitting slimes in Arcway someone else mentioned. Those might be rough if each of them gave you a stack lol. Overall, the affix seems fine to me. I like it better than explosive, out of the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Ran several dungeons last night as a DPS and a couple as a healer (shm). The affix was fairly trivial. With the exception of the wyrmtongues at the start of Vault. The big group that runs back and forth up the last set of stairs behind those legit mobs. We ended up getting like a 9 stack and had some deaths.

I found that not everything triggers it though, luckily. Also in Vault, the imps don't burst. I'd imagine trash in other places is similar. I'm particularly curious about the splitting slimes in Arcway someone else mentioned. Those might be rough if each of them gave you a stack lol. Overall, the affix seems fine to me. I like it better than explosive, out of the new ones.
    I imagine its configured so that if a mob did not bolster, it also does not burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    I'm particularly curious about the splitting slimes in Arcway someone else mentioned. Those might be rough if each of them gave you a stack lol. Overall, the affix seems fine to me. I like it better than explosive, out of the new ones.
    They all do give stacks, run out to reset after initial explosion. Rats, spiders and big trash packs before Ivanyr give stacks too, don't even try killing them all at once.

What's the most ideal key for the affix? DHT? Nelth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Are you high? How is this an affix dps can ignore? If you die you can't ignore it lmao
    According to some healers, any affix that adds damage into the game is "dps can ignore" affix. Like, spheres - stupid dps can ignore them and healers have to heal through. Volcanic - stupid dps can ignore volcanoes and eat 5 of them on mana wyrm pulls or crab pulls in EoA. It's all healers job to carry these dumb fucks through kappa.

But seriously, no, dps can't ignore this affix, if dps plays badly he dies regardless of how good healer is. When i'm in the middle of hardcasting Pyro i may ignore one volcano, but not fucking 3 of them, sure it's DPS loss to interrupt casting, but it's way less of a DPS loss than fucking dying to an affix
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

This is literally just the opposite of bolstering. For "high" keys, focus one target down at a time while cleaving others down. You can still chain pull packs because, unlike bolstering that's going to increase a fresh pack by 20% damage/hp, you'll just have the group take trivial amount of damage as the last add dies. They will die staggered enough for debuff to drop off. For keys that you normally roflstomp by pulling 2+packs, sucks but slow down. You'll still beat 3 chest timer for 5 hours.

This affix is not about healer, it's about DPS not being retarded

Did +13 BRH as Resto Druid, pretty easy affix. The part that wiped us was the staircase with all the spiders....we AOE'd them. NOT a good idea. :0
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Did a 12 maw so far for this week. Was definitely really easy.

I'm very glad this replaced overflowing. Was ridiculous for holy pallies, I had to make an entirely new set focused on a ton of haste but no crit which is the opposite of what Hpallies want. Wasn't too hard with ret offspec gear but I still dreaded that affix. However this doesn't exactly feel like a healer affix since it's fairly easy to heal through and dps have to do things similar to bolstering.

I feel like grievous was the healer affix. Or maybe both are, but both are fairly easy.

Explosive was absolutely ridiculous. It was basically a week that eliminated pugging unless you got lucky and joined a really really good group or made your own and got lucky with getting people who know how to swap targets. I love how hard it is but I only run with guildies whenever explosive is an affix.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-04-27 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Did a 12 maw so far for this week. Was definitely really easy.

I'm very glad this replaced overflowing. Was ridiculous for holy pallies, I had to make an entirely new set focused on a ton of haste but no crit which is the opposite of what Hpallies want. Wasn't too hard with ret offspec gear but I still dreaded that affix.

Explosive was absolutely ridiculous. It was basically a week that eliminated pugging unless you got lucky and joined a really really good group or made your own and got lucky with getting people who know how to swap targets. I love how hard it is but I only run with guildies whenever explosive is an affix.
    I dunno, I tank most of my runs and I find Explosive pretty easy since a Mangle/Shieldslam/etc one shots them and you can just sit on certain procs if you really need to take care of them yourself. I usually compete with my dps on damage done to bombs and often come out with similiar if not higher damge.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I dunno, I tank most of my runs and I find Explosive pretty easy since a Mangle/Shieldslam/etc one shots them and you can just sit on certain procs if you really need to take care of them yourself. I usually compete with my dps on damage done to bombs and often come out with similiar if not higher damge.
    I tried pugging that week and it was pretty bad due to people not swapping. I was able to complete a 13 pugging that week but it didn't go very well. Did a 14 pretty easily with guildies though so regardless of anything id rather run with people I know can handle it.

I'm sure a good tank could make the affix easier. Hell our prot pally did really well, but when I pugged I don't think the tanks thought it was their responsibility. No idea what was going on but it was a mess so I'm just gonna stay away from pugging whenever explosive is out.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostFoot View Post
    What's the most ideal key for the affix? DHT? Nelth?
    If you're speaking only of runs that don't have a ton of huge pulls, I'd say Maw (only the dog packs in the ship gallery can really be an issue), NL (same issue with trash worms), and maybe DHT if you don't pull a ton of baby dragons or slimes all at once in the swamp. If you have DPS that's paying attention, though, I don't think any of them are terrible.

I sort of wish the stack didn't reset when another mob dies, because that can push it pretty high quickly if people aren't attentive. Probably just an issue with pugs in my case, though.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

It's fine. It's not really about healers, but dps not being absolute idiots (which is impossible).

10/10 parties I run mythics (as a tank) are stupid enough to burst all blood blobs (in DHT before dragon boss) in 1 second and die afterwards. Some would say that they will not repeat this error, but no, they proceed doing it. And I'm not talking about some undergeared casuals. I'm talking about 910+ people running 13-15 m+ right now.