Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Which gamemode?
    Quick Match
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Quick Match
    Hm, odd. I haven't seen any other maps today at all. Will have to ask around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    She wasn't balanced, she was OP until they tuned her burst down the first time and then made completely useless. Y'know, exactly the same thing that happened to Nova.

These characters have to be either overpowered or unusable, because they can either 1-shot someone with zero counterplay or they can't. The only thing that saves Zeratul from the same fate is Void Prison.
    Zeratul is just a better designed Hero than them as well. His wave clear is decent. He has excellent mobility that can both make him stick to his target, or just simply hit and run. What's funny is that a good Zeratul does not keep staying in stealth most of game and could pretty much function without it with a few minor stats changes. A well designed stealth character should allow the Hero to get tactical positioning, but not to the point where said Hero has to rely on it to be effective, or make the enemy team unable to have some counterplay. Nova and Valeera are perfect examples of how not to design a stealth character while Zeratul and Samuro are examples of how to make the concept work (Samuro was ridiculously OP at launch, but nowadays he is more reasonably balanced).

10+ Year Old Account
    She wasn't balanced, she was OP until they tuned her burst down the first time and then made completely useless. Y'know, exactly the same thing that happened to Nova.

These characters have to be either overpowered or unusable, because they can either 1-shot someone with zero counterplay or they can't. The only thing that saves Zeratul from the same fate is Void Prison.
    She was viable, now she isn't. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Zeratul is just a better designed Hero than them as well. His wave clear is decent. He has excellent mobility that can both make him stick to his target, or just simply hit and run. What's funny is that a good Zeratul does not keep staying in stealth most of game and could pretty much function without it with a few minor stats changes. A well designed stealth character should allow the Hero to get tactical positioning, but not to the point where said Hero has to rely on it to be effective, or make the enemy team unable to have some counterplay. Nova and Valeera are perfect examples of how not to design a stealth character while Zeratul and Samuro are examples of how to make the concept work (Samuro was ridiculously OP at launch, but nowadays he is more reasonably balanced).
    You mean better?

Zeratul does comparable burst to pre-nerf Valeera, just harder to pull off. On top of his great mobility and PvE usability he also has Void Prison, he is just weaker to lockdown.

Don't know the exact numbers, but Valeera could open with 700 Ambush, 280 with Blade Flurry and 1300 with Eviscerate+Coldblood. Zeratul can throw Singularity Spike, get immediately Combo Slash upon closing gap for 500, followed by 660 Cleave, another AA for 500 and 500 Singularity Spike explosion. Mind you, Zeratul can do this each time his basic ability cooldowns reset while Valeera had to wait for Coldblood.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    She was viable, now she isn't. Good job!
    She wasn't viable in draft and was OP in QM. Now she isn't viable in either!

10+ Year Old Account
    She wasn't viable in draft and was OP in QM. Now she isn't viable in either!
    She was viable as counter to Zeratul or Tracer. She can still do it, but her strength just diminished greatly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm, odd. I haven't seen any other maps today at all. Will have to ask around.
    Upon further inspection, it appears those two games were from the night BEFORE 2.0

There were sooooo many games yesterday, I lost track >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Upon further inspection, it appears those two games were from the night BEFORE 2.0

There were sooooo many games yesterday, I lost track >.>
    Heh, alright. xD

Deleted
    • Braxis Holdout
    • Cursed Hollow
    • Infernal Shrines
    • Hanamura
    • Sky Temple
    • Towers of Doom

This seems to be the current map rotation. Has anyone had a map not on this list?
    Im not a fan of the limited rotation, wish they would keep more in rotation and just let us blacklist a few. Im glad they still have cursed hollow from the original maps, would be good if they kept the pirate map though

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Im not a fan of the limited rotation, wish they would keep more in rotation and just let us blacklist a few. Im glad they still have cursed hollow from the original maps, would be good if they kept the pirate map though
    I miss Dragon Shire already.

Deleted
    oh yeah and that one, i knew there was a map i was forgetting! I dont miss garden of terror though, glad that ones gone!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll happily take Dragon Shire over Sky Temple. So sick of it.

At least I don't have to play Mines or SQ any more.