Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Portland protesters strike again!

http://www.oregonlive.com/rosefest/i...nd_avenue.html

Organizers cancel 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade, after protesters threaten to shut it down.

"You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely," the anonymous email said, telling organizers they could cancel the Republican group's registration or else face action from protesters. "This is non-negotiable."

So, Portland is full of a bunch of pathetic sore losers that only seem to know how to lash out and hurt everyone. The Republican group in question, the Multnomah County Republican Party (all what, 10 of them?), have been in the parade for years without incident until now. Stay classy Portland!

I moved here in late 2009 and there has been a protest downtown literally every week since I got here.

The topic almost doesn't matter, Portlanders just like to protest things.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried tear gas, beanbags and some good old hippie skullbashing? That should clear the parade route nicely.

They want to bully everyone else, kick their fucking teeth in. it's how you teach a bully.

Protesting is the fad now for people who really want to feel important even though they have no legit cause to fight for.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I moved here in late 2009 and there has been a protest downtown literally every week since I got here.

Yeah, and it annoys the fuck out of me. It used to make me late for work, because the morons would protest on the MAX tracks. I'm sorry, if I was a MAX driver, I'd take one for the team and just plow through a group of them. I'll go to jail, but at least those fuckers would learn a lesson.

And the biggest problem with it is, since they protest every little fucking thing all the damned time, nobody gives a shit what they're saying. So their protesting is pointless other than to disrupt daily living. At which point they may as well be terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is like the final progression of protesting.

#Resist
    #ResistTrump
    #ResistAllOpposingAnything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Multnomah County Republican Party didnt help the parade by promising to escalate matters.

"James Buchal, chairman of the Multnomah County Republican Party, said his group was ready to clash with the protesters."

I dont think he was quoting Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Anyone tried tear gas, beanbags and some good old hippie skullbashing? That should clear the parade route nicely.

They want to bully everyone else, kick their fucking teeth in. it's how you teach a bully.

Pretty much. You'd be divying out a form of justice that isn't legal, but is justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Well the Multnomah County Republican Party didnt help the parade by promising to escalate matters.

"James Buchal, chairman of the Multnomah County Republican Party, said his group was ready to clash with the protesters."

I dont think he was quoting Jesus.
    Because they were supposed to just be attacked without responding.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Because they were supposed to just be attacked without responding.....
    Who said anything about attacking? There's plenty of non-violent ways to disrupt a parade. But you right-wingers cant help yourselves from projecting.

So far the GOP was promising to escalate things to a clash. Then a few posters above are fantasizing about cracking skulls, and running people over with a train. If he only mentioned fantasies about running people down with a truck, he could be confused for an ISIS sympathizer.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Pretty much. You'd be divying out a form of justice that isn't legal, but is justified.
    So vigilante justice? Because that is generally portrayed as awesome.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Who said anything about attacking? There's plenty of non-violent ways to disrupt a parade. But you right-wingers cant help yourselves from projecting.

So far the GOP was promising to escalate things to a clash. Then a few posters above are fantasizing about cracking skulls, and running people over with a train. If he only mentioned fantasies about running people down with a truck, he could be confused for an ISIS sympathizer.
    Obviously you havent seen the recent Portland protests. And I am not right-wing, I am centralist by international standards.

Deleted
    Why are Americans protesting so much?

It's seems so pointless and a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why are Americans protesting so much?

It's seems so pointless and a waste of time.
    I think it has to do with the rain causing mold to form inside the brains of people living in Portland too long combined with insanity brought on by a dramatic lack of sun.

Deleted
    I think it has to do with the rain causing mold to form inside the brains of people living in Portland too long combined with insanity brought on by a dramatic lack of sun.
    This sounds plausible. Without further research I will now take this information as a fact.

What do you expect when the fascists show up to your event?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/rosefest/i...nd_avenue.html

Organizers cancel 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade, after protesters threaten to shut it down.

"You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely," the anonymous email said, telling organizers they could cancel the Republican group's registration or else face action from protesters. "This is non-negotiable."

So, Portland is full of a bunch of pathetic sore losers that only seem to know how to lash out and hurt everyone. The Republican group in question, the Multnomah County Republican Party (all what, 10 of them?), have been in the parade for years without incident until now. Stay classy Portland!
    It's almost as if the Republican party is only tolerable when they are in Republican states.

Gee. Who would have thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yeah, and it annoys the fuck out of me. It used to make me late for work, because the morons would protest on the MAX tracks. I'm sorry, if I was a MAX driver, I'd take one for the team and just plow through a group of them. I'll go to jail, but at least those fuckers would learn a lesson.

And the biggest problem with it is, since they protest every little fucking thing all the damned time, nobody gives a shit what they're saying. So their protesting is pointless other than to disrupt daily living. At which point they may as well be terrorists.
    If you're going to label people as terrorists for disrupting daily life then the war on terror would have actually made sense.

The reality is Portland, Oregon is an island of liberalism in a sea of conservatism. It's the only think keeping Oregon and the rest of it's backwoods counties from being Alabama or Kentucky, so the ideals of protest are still very well founded.

The frequency and the subject of the protests though? Yeah they could tone it down a bit. Protest something that matters and conduct protests that, at the very least effective. Though, one could say all an effective protest is conveying your message.

By that logic, this protest succeeded by getting onto the internet.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Going to protests is a great way to meet girls.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Protesting is the fad now for people who really want to feel important even though they have no legit cause to fight for.
    You have a point there. We also have SJW who feel self righteous taking up causes that deep down really don't care about, they just want to appear like what they are doing matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Going to protests is a great way to meet girls.
    Crazy emotional ones that don't shave their pits? Not interested lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

well if it was me i would be protesting you draenei being there every week too.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.