Normal Leveling vs. Flashpoints

Hello, again! You may remember me from a small post a while back, but now I've returned with yet another question I'm eagerly waiting to hear your opinions on!

To cut to the chase, my question is: which is faster for a Prefered Status player right now? The strict Class Missions/Heroic Quest combinations, or strictly flashpoints until hitting a solid level, then going back to finish up and enjoy the story. Or, perhaps, another suggestion from one of your brilliant and experienced minds?

You see, I've recently leveled normally past the primary class story of a character, but this question has stuck in my mind for quite a while, now. A few of my friends have suggested the flashpoint route but I'm not sure if they're being 100% truthful with me.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

Honestly, I would do both.

Since you can queue for FP's while doing other things you can work on both.

Heroics and story are all solo content. Just pick them up and go. Build up credits and mats.

FP's are the group content and through the group finder, queue for what you can do while knocking out heroics waiting for the group to pop. You can be anywhere when it pops and it will port you into the instance. Plus FP's is going to give you gear as well.

It's a best of both worlds kind of thing. A bit of solo and group play as you see fit for your time.

If you just want a fast grind, heroics are the way to go. Their solo and you just grind them out with no down time. There fast and pretty easy if you leveled your companion a bit.

FP's will take a little longer, you will have to deal with a group but you get good EXP and possibly some gear but maybe a bit slower.

I personally think straight questing is the fastest, combining Story and Heroics. You go at your own pace, the quests flow quite well and in many cases if you pick up the Heroic missions and use the fast travel option to them you can quickly travel around the planets right next to the story missions you need to be doing since BioWare honestly did a phenomenal job with mission placement and pacing and doing them in that way ensures you stay ahead of the leveling curve which gives you a bump in power so you can finish missions faster, doing Heroics provides gear so your power increases even more making things easier making things go faster.

Flashpoints have a chance to go badly with groups so IMO the potential benefit from doing them isn't outweighed by the solid consistent pace of solo leveling. I still recommend doing them, but use the solo option if only to see the stories in them. Doing the solo option though does not provide gear like the group options.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

Heroics and story are all solo content. Just pick them up and go. Build up credits and mats.

FP's are the group content and through the group finder, queue for what you can do while knocking out heroics waiting for the group to pop. You can be anywhere when it pops and it will port you into the instance. Plus FP's is going to give you gear as well.

It's a best of both worlds kind of thing. A bit of solo and group play as you see fit for your time.

If you just want a fast grind, heroics are the way to go. Their solo and you just grind them out with no down time. There fast and pretty easy if you leveled your companion a bit.

FP's will take a little longer, you will have to deal with a group but you get good EXP and possibly some gear but maybe a bit slower.
    Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I personally think straight questing is the fastest, combining Story and Heroics. You go at your own pace, the quests flow quite well and in many cases if you pick up the Heroic missions and use the fast travel option to them you can quickly travel around the planets right next to the story missions you need to be doing since BioWare honestly did a phenomenal job with mission placement and pacing and doing them in that way ensures you stay ahead of the leveling curve which gives you a bump in power so you can finish missions faster, doing Heroics provides gear so your power increases even more making things easier making things go faster.

Flashpoints have a chance to go badly with groups so IMO the potential benefit from doing them isn't outweighed by the solid consistent pace of solo leveling. I still recommend doing them, but use the solo option if only to see the stories in them. Doing the solo option though does not provide gear like the group options.
    Thank you! I'll be sure to give your suggestion a try.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

Thank you for your opinion!

Deleted
    Depends if you are a story player or just want to lvl up and go for big things after you hit lvl 10. but thats up to you..

Deleted
    Make sure you check the fleet for flashpoint quests every now and then, like the Maelstrom (Rep)/Foundry (Imp) storylines at around 27-30. They'll add nicely to your xp gain.

If you can't queue for a specific flashpoint, it may be because you have a "Solo" FP mission active for it. Simply abandon it (the FP mission, not the main questline) and queue normally, if you like.