Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Downloaded, opened boxes, 1 game, uninstalled.

Reminded me why i stopped playing this game all together.

100% based on expecting to not have someone that wont cooperate in the game or wont do his thing.

"But its objective game?"

"But i wanna push top and KILL OGRES, so what if they are 4 dead"

At least in the other MOBAs its manageable by actually being better than the other side and outfarming them.

1 of them in the game, levels behind, you lose.

And dont start the bullshit about team game, i have 5-6 IRL friends all playing HoTS as their dedicated MOBA for some reason, all Master level, i am tired of watching them yell next to me for the same reasoning, 1 player that wants to do his thing because in his brain its correct like take an objective or defend something at wrong moments instead of listening.

Not trying to start a flame war or clickbait, i really wanted to give it another shot, but first game was a clear reminder as to why not to.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-26 at 09:14 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want a Medal?

I enjoy that I can play well in my Lane and keep the rest of my team up if they are lagging behind.

Also, I feel like people that complain about this sort of thing are Bronze 5 in League.

Yes, it's still a moba with all the important moba elements/mechanics cut out in an attempt to make it more casual friendly. That's also why it barely has a pro scene, because it's meant to be all about "teamplay" and objectives. Well, guess what? The top level in other mobas is also super teamplay/objective focused while also having actual individual mechanics
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, it's still a moba with all the important moba elements/mechanics cut out in an attempt to make it more casual friendly. That's also why it barely has a pro scene, because it's meant to be all about "teamplay" and objectives. Well, guess what? The top level in other mobas is also super teamplay/objective focused while also having actual individual mechanics
    Pretty much you said it better.

Individual mechanics dont exist, making it a weak game for the pro scene and only frustrating for anyone that has MOBA experience past bronze level.

Doesnt matter how good you are, this game is based around having 5 players in the same brain wave.

I have to stay up till 2-3am again to play a game with friends i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Do you want a Medal?

I enjoy that I can play well in my Lane and keep the rest of my team up if they are lagging behind.

Also, I feel like people that complain about this sort of thing are Bronze 5 in League.
    Apparently you didnt read, Downloaded, aka i havent touched HoTS in forever (I dont count the WoW mount as playing hots, i just played 15 games with bots in 3 hours), Technical Alpha portrait too.

Dota 2 was filling my MOBA needs, but i really wanted to give HoTS another shot, apparently not still an excuse of a game.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-26 at 09:16 AM.

*shrug*
    I exclusively play this game with friends.
    I recommend that others do the same.

Edit: Oopah, didn't notice the final comment.
    There it was " X moba is better"
    Go play that moba. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    *shrug*
    I exclusively play this game with friends.
    I recommend that others do the same.

Edit: Oopah, didn't notice the final comment.
    There it was " X moba is better"
    Go play that moba. That simple.
    There, fixed it for you so you wont misunderstand

But problem with playing with friends, is finding them online, 3 of them play at 1am-6am if they remember to do, they play other games instead.

The 4th plays randomly depending on when he decides to leave his work.

The 5th doesnt play with the other 3 anymore as far as i can tell , probably has to do with the whole semi-pro fiasco when the game launched and the few games they won.

All of them are Master level and obviously would make for a fun game but i dont really feel like playing HoTS at 3am

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Thank you for the information?

So you don't like HotS because, surprise, players are stupid? Or, more likely, just not as familiar with the MOBA genre as you are.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So you don't like HotS because, surprise, players are stupid? Or, more likely, just not as familiar with the MOBA genre as you are.
    Sounds like he's mad cause he can't carry(or at least to pretend to carry) games, so he doesn't have a way to stroke his e-peen.

I'm confused.

You don't like HoTS because your teammates are baddies/stupidies/etc.

But you were playing HoTS for Overwatch Skins? A Game where your teammates are baddies/stupidies/etc.

Or you don't overwatch and were just trying HoTS because of the 2.0? D:
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Reminded me why i stopped playing this game all together.

100% based on expecting to not have someone that wont cooperate in the game or wont do his thing.

"But its objective game?"

"But i wanna push top and KILL OGRES, so what if they are 4 dead"

At least in the other MOBAs its manageable by actually being better than the other side and outfarming them.

1 of them in the game, levels behind, you lose.

And dont start the bullshit about team game, i have 5-6 IRL friends all playing HoTS as their dedicated MOBA for some reason, all Master level, i am tired of watching them yell next to me for the same reasoning, 1 player that wants to do his thing because in his brain its correct like take an objective or defend something at wrong moments instead of listening.

Not trying to start a flame war or clickbait, i really wanted to give it another shot, but first game was a clear reminder as to why not to.

^ other team level 15 your team level 12 ...wondering why you are soaking instead of engaging in a team fight for curse objective when both teams are 0/0 curse points.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    ^ other team level 15 your team level 12 ...wondering why you are soaking instead of engaging in a team fight for curse objective when both teams are 0/0 curse points.
    Weak attempt.

No, you level 20 cause you tryharded your ass off and killed them 2(3 he came and finished the 4th)v4 and took 2 lanes after being 17-15 and your Sylvanas insisting TPing back with 95% hp, 80% mana to push 3 archers vs your whole wave which you cleared that top lane right before the battle 2mins ago.

And while you are 20-18 your Sylvanas again is doing whatever he/she was doing instead of coming to push with the boss and many other similar things.

Ultimately, every post you've made has boiled down to "randoms do whatever they want and cannot be reasoned with" and "I can't play with my friends because of scheduling issues." Given that you are adamant on these points, it's obvious and understandable that you will not enjoy the game and nobody is going to be able to convince you otherwise. As others have suggested, I recommend you simply stick with MOBAs that you enjoy; there's to many games out there to be returning to ones you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kay

Go play DOTA then

Byeeeeee
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were as good as you thought you were, you would be able to carry low level games. Just saying.

I don't know why OP has deluded themselves into thinking anyone else cares what games they play and for how long. We don't care. OP, Stop wasting your time telling everyone who doesn't care what you do or why you don't do it. Do you care if I play overwatch or wow or how I feel about those games? No? Well the feeling is mutual because you are not the center of our universe.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Just another sad case of the git guds. It's totally fine not liking a game, but just because you can't carry games, let's not pretend it's the game's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by yFrost View Post
    Just another sad case of the git guds. It's totally fine not liking a game, but just because you can't carry games, let's not pretend it's the game's fault.
    I'm seeing a lot of lol players in game right now who lane all day with characters that shouldn't be laning. Like my 3 friends and I do objectives and a Valla laning all game, we crush the core and Valla is still trying to take down fort #2 gate. Every time hots runs a promotional event QM gets over run by these lol players who can't be bothered with objectives.

Right now during promotional weekends to get new players in there will be a plague of bad players but rather than uninstall this too will pass and we will get back to a point where the majority of players will be more competent.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

What I see here, is a person who is salty over not being able to hard carry a team just because he can farm better. Maybe if you approached the game with the goal of working in a team you would have a better game. I find that after gold league the results of players that you describe drastically drop. If your playing QM thats your fault. In either case this is just another I hate HoTs because its a bad game thread. Got several of those already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Well, guess what? The top level in other mobas is also super teamplay/objective focused while also having actual individual mechanics
    There's no real team objectives in other games besides kills, and if you mean garbage like last-hitting (which is arguably the worst skill ever invented that's also majorly required to "git gud" in the history of gaming), that's not really an individual mechanic.

That said, I'm not a huge MOBA fan, but HOTS is easily my favorite because of roster (familiar faces) and team-based objectives, as well as no stupid last hitting or items which are just annoying. 2nd favorite is Smite because of the camera and again roster (and bonus points for being educational!). League and DotA are shit tier to me. Not even downloaded on this computer.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.