Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    sim your self. u will be surprised of how much haste gets devalued due to 4 sets high enrage uptime and the fury go to- trinket combo, both trinkets devalue haste.

For many furys out there, mastery, and even versatility surpasses haste. Check armory of our main fury theory crafter, he wears more mastery than haste. Even so, he states its because he had only bad droplucks , haste is only very little above mastery for this guy in 914 ilvl (1.5 vs 1.4).
    If u lower ilvl values to 910ish, or swap mastery into haste, u get even a lower value of haste, that gets surpassed by mastery and even versatility as you can easily see for from archimitrios posted reforge plot graph 3 or 4 posts above.

Archimitrios stacks Mastery as a fury warrior. he has more mastery on his gear than haste, and he probably has the highest simming gear combo available to him.

Another example: I tried to help our own guilds fury, who was slacking in dps (still is to a part), and he followed the "haste best stat" meme, and found that he has so much haste that mastery and versatily would sim higher than haste for him. Going from 30 % haste to 22 % and getting mastery and versa instead boosted his dps by 100-150 k depending on encounter. But he still doesnt do 900- 1.1 million
    single target patchwork like me as arms does (well if lucky :P), with similar ilvl gear.

So lough as much as u want, fury is so easy it still works decently for people that dont really understand the spec in its core.
    I literally just showed you that Haste outscales Mastery long term, and explained why I (and basically every other Warrior in the game) is Mastery heavy. You keep looking at stat weights like they're an end-all-be-all, and they're completely misleading you because that's not how stat-weights are meant to be used.

It's obvious you are the one who doesn't understand the spec, and that's fine, seeing as you only seem interested in playing Arms, but it also means you can stop trying to stir up trouble by posting nonsense and being willfully argumentative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizloff View Post
    That;s how it seems to me I practically double my Arms dps with zero thought put into what I'm doing.
    But... arms is way easier xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shioa View Post
    I appreciate your work arbiter and archimtiros, thanks for your help, making me play my warrior better.

I played as an arms warrior in EN and switched to Fury with the new Knowledgelevels, simply because it performs better in NH. I find Fury a bit easier to play, no cs procs, less danger of wasting rage into cap no danger for being rage starved, no on the fly rotation changes. But for the Rest it is about the same with cd-management.

I performed well with arms, ranking orange in perfection and orange or purple in ilvl% most of the time. It took me 3 ids to get near that with fury, so it isnt as braindead as some here think.

For me the biggest advantage as a fury is the no-brain target switching, which is really satisfying compared to arms. Seems like arms will get major changes in 7.2.5 and I am interestet how things will work out for the spec. For now, fury feels better and performs better, even if it is not as deep as arms, I enjoy the spec evenly.
    I just have 1 question and i'm not trolling ...really...
    what is so COMPLEX about arms...you press CS and MS on CD/proc...you spam Slam and FR when u have enough rage or when BC is up....or you do not push anything if you are low on rage and MS is about to come off CD...
    now waiting for some RNG requires ....skill?!!! it either procs or it doesn't.....not like you can do anything (beside what you were doing anyway) about it...
    not saying its easier than any other spec in game....but what is soooo complicated about it?!!!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dascha View Post
    I just have 1 question and i'm not trolling ...really...
    what is so COMPLEX about arms...you press CS and MS on CD/proc...you spam Slam and FR when u have enough rage or when BC is up....or you do not push anything if you are low on rage and MS is about to come off CD...
    now waiting for some RNG requires ....skill?!!! it either procs or it doesn't.....not like you can do anything (beside what you were doing anyway) about it...
    not saying its easier than any other spec in game....but what is soooo complicated about it?!!!
    It runs into the same problem as Fury really. Easy to play, but not easy to play optimally. CDs need to be used appropriately and you also need to account for target switching and RNG. Because of the RNG though, the rotation is more of a "if this is up do this if it's not up yet do this" which does add a little bit more to consider when playing it. And while the CD rotations aren't particularly hard it's also affected by RNG and they are pretty different from Fury so it does take adjusting if you're coming from Fury to Arms. Most of FR's complexity can be macro'd though so there's that.

All of this stuff sounds easy on paper but keeping up with it while also keeping up with boss mechanics can be troublesome for many, which is why you don't see everyone playing at a high percentile in either spec. It's also why you won't see me try and pretend that either spec is easy, because as I said before if they were so easy more people would be performing better and wouldn't need help.

Most people who talk about the specs being easy don't parse for shit and the select few that actually do are just talking shit for their own ego.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-05-03 at 12:55 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

There is no point debating with some people. Who can provide facts and logical responses as much as you want, they just want accept the truth since it is not their truth. Responding with the words "easy" all the time is just ignorance.

We have two in here with great indepth knowledge who know their s**t and yet apparently are told they know nothing.

Any spec in wow for any class when played by a competant/experienced wow player will get him in the 70% percentile for his ilvl. However to get into the 95% or more takes full understanding of priorities and yes.. correct and optimal usage of cooldowns/trinkets/mobility and a moderate amount of skill and practise. Claiming otherwise is yet again. Ignorance.

Up to now no one has been considering mobility for fury. Correct/incorrect usage of this can boost/hinder dps. Heroic leap/chargin for rage, add switching, CC's if raid lacks.

Holofernes when I look at your warrior in signature. It hasnt done a single Mythic boss in NH? is this outdated or your actually raiding warrior that gets 99% percentile? because even your screenshot only shows percentiles. Doesnt show your name next to it. I could effectively go to warcraft logs, look up Archimtiros, cut and paste something here and say its mine after all.

I'm enjoying fury. So whoever wants to hate on it, keep it up and stick with your own spec and class. It won't ruin my day. I stuck with it even when warriors were rejected from invites because of not being arms spec. Now things have changed. Arms is not that difficult to master, it just doesn't feel fluid enough for me to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    It runs into the same problem as Fury really. Easy to play, but not easy to play optimally. CDs need to be used appropriately and you also need to account for target switching and RNG. Because of the RNG though, the rotation is more of a "if this is up do this if it's not up yet do this" which does add a little bit more to consider when playing it. And while the CD rotations aren't particularly hard it's also affected by RNG and they are pretty different from Fury so it does take adjusting if you're coming from Fury to Arms. Most of FR's complexity can be macro'd though so there's that.

All of this stuff sounds easy on paper but keeping up with it while also keeping up with boss mechanics can be troublesome for many, which is why you don't see everyone playing at a high percentile in either spec. It's also why you won't see me try and pretend that either spec is easy, because as I said before if they were so easy more people would be performing better and wouldn't need help.

Most people who talk about the specs being easy don't parse for shit and the select few that actually do are just talking shit for their own ego.
    that's exactly what i was trying to say....everything in this game is easy on paper. and yea RNG in target switching or CD management in arms is not as complicated as people try to make it sounds like,if you don't have CS up...you can't effectively target switch...simple as that...and again nothing you can do about it...
    BC is off CD...and the damn CS hasn't proced in the last 20 sec....complicated??? no! does it ADD a layer to the game play?! No! anyway, all I'm trying to say is that some people are confusing frustration with complexity.