Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Tomb of Sargeras holy trinkets.

Hey guys, weve been living in a world where there are very few trinket options for us so I haven't seen much discussion on this topic. Most of us run a celestial map from star auger and some kind of stat stick (arcano, int/crit...). Otherwise cake isn't a terrible choice or velen's legendary. That world is about to change though as ToS has no less than six healing trinkets and a few that... look interesting despite being probably designed for tanks.

I wanted to just open the floor to see if anyone has any early opinions on which look juicy vs which we can pass to those other guys who we heal with. Here is my quick summary, sorry in advance if the formatting is off this is from my cell at work.

Archive of Faith:
    Crit
    Channeled heal with extra if channeled full.

Barbaric Mindslaver:
    Int
    Chance for heals to heal extra, higher chance at low mana

Chalice of Moonlight:
    Int
    Haste or crit proc depending on night/day time.
    Its worth noting that the servers (im pretty sure on this) count day as 6am to 6pm servertime but all instances are considered day time. This is based off the night elf racial. This would mean in raid terms *always crit*

Charm of the Rising Tide:
    Int
    Stacking haste while not moving

Seastar of the Deepmother:
    Versatility
    Aoe heals have chance to give additional healing to nearby targets

Deciever's Grand Design:
    Mastery
    2 charges, 2min cd, hot effect and if hotted player drops below 35% absorb shield.

Additionally I'd like to point out that two more caught my eye...

Recompiled Guardian Module:
    Versatility
    Damage taken has chance to give you a heal and place an absorb shield on 5 nearby friendlies.
    If this procs on LotM... could be interesting?

Leviathan's Hunger:
    Haste
    Use to slow a target and deal damage, 300% of that damage is healing to you.

There are a few others but... I'll stop here and see what people are thinking before keep rambling. My initial 2 cents are chalice seems to be a no brainer especially if it is a crit proc only in dungeons/raids. The second slot probably goes to deciever's. Its clearly supposed to be our big endgame trinket and it looks like a fire and forget on a tank (especially since mine love making me work and use dps trinkets). Could also help those LotM dudes if you use it on yourself... between this effect, prydaz, obsidian shoulders, aura of sacrifice, we like taking a little bit of damage and this could let us be a little greedier.

First thoughts. What do you guys think? Any PTR experience out there?

Nuni

Archive of faith also plays an absorb shield if full channel completes and it has crit on it. Looks pretty good. I like it

Barbaric Mindslaver: Not sure how I like this.. depends on proc chance. But it proccing more on low mana probably means it doesn't proc very often at high mana and you usually don't want to be in a position where you are at low mana.

Deceivers: Looks pretty good for heavy tank healing fights.

Sea star is completely dogshit for paladins. We only have LoD. I don't know if it interacts with beacon but otherwise complete dogshit.

Charm: Dogshit. Gives HASTE and requires standing still on a class the requires us to be always be near our targets for our mastery and LoD.

leviathian's hunger: with shoulder legendary and beacon of faith that could be some nice interaction.

Challice (if you are right about always being crit) means it will probably be BiS crit stat stick.

That's my opinion from just looking at them.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-05-02 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    all depends on final tuning

Just want to let other pally's know that Sea Star is a great trinket, just got it on my pally and not only does it proc often, on some fights the heal ends up being one of my top heals.

With how the interaction this patch seems to point everything to LoD. Seastar with 3/3 Free LoD relic DP seems to be the best option paired with T20 4p. Just wondering if the new Legendary helm with is reduced stat is worth using to buff the viability of the LoD built.

Barbaric Mindslaver is good for progression. While switching to Chalice if indeed it is always critical.

Deleted
    Chalice of moonlight isn't working as the NE racial is. According to the Paladin discord it's not always giving crit, so for everyone raiding in the evening it's useless. Seastar of the deepmother will be nerfed, it's completely broken. Our other Paladin has gotten one on heroic and it's usually his 2nd or 3rd highest heal. I'm currently using Legendary + cake, guess I'll replace the cake with the kil'jaeden one.

so deep star pendant is fucking reking the charts

Deleted
    sea star has already been nerfed for everyone else so don't count on there being a nerf for paladins. a 920 is basically velens for me

I have:

- Etraeus' Celestial Map (895 ilvl)
    - Sea Star of the Depth Mother (900 ilvl)
    - The Deciever's Grand Design (915 ilvl)
    - Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire (900 ilvl)

I have no idea which ones to use in PVE? At the moment going with Celestial Map and Sea Star. The Deciever's one is listed as BiS on Ask.Mr Robot, but idk, doesn't feel that much strong.

Right now use sea star because the trinket is currently broken and is the best trinket out utill they patch it

7+ Year Old Account
    Deciever's Grand Design nerfs your own healing from beacons(even more so if you use tier 20 4p and/or legendary shoulders..), and will only be active on 1 player after your first 2 charges have ran out. It only becomes strong if used by other healers when no holy paladin is present in your group, or for weird cheesing.

Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    Deciever's Grand Design nerfs your own healing from beacons(even more so if you use tier 20 4p and/or legendary shoulders..), and will only be active on 1 player after your first 2 charges have ran out. It only becomes strong if used by other healers when no holy paladin is present in your group, or for weird cheesing.
    No idea why they listed that one as BiS trinket on Ask Mr.Robot...

Quote Originally Posted by Squickly View Post
    I think our BiS will be archive since its a crit stat and it scales with our crit. seeing we have the highest that is probs the best trinket there is

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude on wowhead confirms chalice is proccing daytime (read crit) in raids despite time. Im still waiting for mine to test but looks good for us...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=147005/c...onus=3561:1482

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squickly View Post
    Because it potentionally has very high healing. On a fight where either both targets take heavy damage, or on a fight where your target is sure to drop to 35% hp at least 2-3 times and proc the absorb, it can result in an insane amount of hps.

It's a strong trinket in itself, but it is situational.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    Because it potentionally has very high healing. On a fight where either both targets take heavy damage, or on a fight where your target is sure to drop to 35% hp at least 2-3 times and proc the absorb, it can result in an insane amount of hps.

It's a strong trinket in itself, but it is situational.
    I think it might be good for KJ, since tanks get wrecked during fel claws.

I got grand design today in the cache, not sure how I feel about it. I have the mindslaver, and that one procs A LOT when below 50% mana. I wanna get the sea star and try it out since it's supposedly really good, it just looks like shit on paper.

I got a 915 Sea Star of the Depthmother today from the weekly quest, I guess I get to enjoy it before they nerf it.

The spreadsheet says its stronger than my 970 velen's. I'll test it in our normal clear tonight and see how it does over an 860 arcano.

Edit: I ended up dpsing on our normal clear, I should be able to test it tonight on heroic.
    Last edited by Timadin; 2017-06-28 at 03:20 PM.

I found the archive to be quite good in M+ with Tyranical.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just got the barbaric mindSlayer in the weekly quest reward (920 heroic warforged). Did a 5 and then a 6 and it's pretty decent imo. I don't know if it's good for raids but in mythic+ I can't complain. In a 10 minute long maw run it procced about 10 times but i was full mana almost the whole run.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE