Deleted

Unhappy 10 RBG wins with Destro lock - mission impossible?

I am trying to get 10 BG wins for the nice challenge skin recolor, but it seems it's impossible to do anything as a destro lock in RBGs. I feel really bad for groups that think I am playing affli just to find out I am destro once I get inside of BG. I really feel I am the factor that brings down the whole group. I can't cast anything because I get interrupt 80% of the time. When I manage to get a cast of Chaos Bolt, if I am not specced in 75% more CB damage, I hit like a wet noodle. I am immobile, easily interruptible, my CC is useless and every DPS class shreds me to pieces.

I used to play destro in Wrath, while it was a monster DPS specc. Now even healers are better in DPS... How can I be useful as desto in RBGs? I can't even find a proper guide :/

7+ Year Old Account
    agreed.

destro was ok in the higher brackets but super strong in the lower brackets, because people dont know how to interupt or pop defencives in there
    so everyone screamed how stupid it was destro could 2 shot them and all that

meanwhile they let a destro lock popp all their abilities and free cast for maybe 5 seconds?

so they nerfed it making it meh in the lower brackets, but in anything over 1200 it is horrible, because even if they let you free cast your burst is absolute shit.
    affliction is just so good in every single way, its insane, so i dont think i will be able to do that either when it comes time >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Level5 Laser Lotus View Post
    I am trying to get 10 BG wins for the nice challenge skin recolor, but it seems it's impossible to do anything as a destro lock in RBGs. I feel really bad for groups that think I am playing affli just to find out I am destro once I get inside of BG. I really feel I am the factor that brings down the whole group. I can't cast anything because I get interrupt 80% of the time. When I manage to get a cast of Chaos Bolt, if I am not specced in 75% more CB damage, I hit like a wet noodle. I am immobile, easily interruptible, my CC is useless and every DPS class shreds me to pieces.

I used to play destro in Wrath, while it was a monster DPS specc. Now even healers are better in DPS... How can I be useful as desto in RBGs? I can't even find a proper guide :/
    People will let you play anything as long as you're doing good damage ( ironically), just spec into cleave spec with cremation,wreak havoc and Fire n Brim. make sure you havoc the back line and hit the front line so you're spreading immolate on everything, if the enemy team is playing a melee comp you've practically won the game, havoc the melee grp and spam inci, dump shards on RoF instead and throw a Cb every 6 secs to keep a fissure ( at least one of the melee will stand in it ), this + infernal = you'll melt any melee comp.

PS: if you're not pushing HotH/A and just playing with a low tier group just spec into sac + dark pact, this + your 1 min wall makes you almost unkillable when swapped to as long as you're still in range of a healer.
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-04-28 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    People will let you play anything as long as you're doing good damage ( ironically), just spec into cleave spec with cremation,wreak havoc and Fire n Brim. make sure you havoc the back line and hit the front line so you're spreading immolate on everything, if the enemy team is playing a melee comp you've practically won the game, havoc the melee grp and spam inci, dump shards on RoF instead and throw a Cb every 6 secs to keep a fissure ( at least one of the melee will stand in it ), this + infernal = you'll melt any melee comp.

PS: if you're not pushing HotH/A and just playing with a low tier group just spec into sac + dark pact, this + your 1 min wall makes you almost unkillable when swapped to as long as you're still in range of a healer.
    Thanks, I'll try that

10+ Year Old Account

If you think Destro is bad, try finding a grp as a tank... You'll pretty much HAVE to sign up under the premise of a useful spec (unless you're a Guardian) and then bamboozle the team by switching to tank while inside and then hoping for a win because you're getting kicked out after the match whether you do or not.

Only real way to get it done is by joining a PvP guild and making friends who are willing to help you out or paying for wins.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-04-28 at 06:50 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but at least tanks are useful in flag maps...
    If you're a Warrior Druid or DH, then yes. The other ones, not so much.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Pay someonoe to boost you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If you're a Warrior Druid or DH, then yes. The other ones, not so much.
    The only tank classes left are monk, pala and DK, both healing specs of the respective classes are in high demand for rbgs( especially monk) and ret/frost are also in high demand so you could swap specs for rbgs ( like most people xd).

Now if you want to join as tank specifically as one of these classes it is harder than others thats true, but not because they are less effective as flag carriers( maybe blood but the other 2 work).

Basically people want guardians/war because they are the most efficient at tanking damage, other tanking specs might be less effective in this area but they definitely have other ways to tank but it would mean the entire team has to use a different type of strategy on flag games ( which you wont be able to do with pugs ) , best bet is to just find a stable team of friends and discuss with them (although blood DK is by far the least effective and probably the one tank that I really find would be hard to actually FC due to the way they work).

10+ Year Old Account
    The only tank classes left are monk, pala and DK, both healing specs of the respective classes are in high demand for rbgs( especially monk) and ret/frost are also in high demand so you could swap specs for rbgs ( like most people xd).

Now if you want to join as tank specifically as one of these classes it is harder than others thats true, but not because they are less effective as flag carriers.
    Basically people want guardians/war because they are the most efficient at tanking damage, other tanking specs might be less effective in this area but they definitely have other ways to tank but it would mean the entire team has to use a different type of strategy on flag games ( which you wont be able to do with pugs ) , best bet is to just find a stable team of friends and discuss with them.
    YUP. That's what I'm doing as a Monk... Going in as MW and swapping...and then getting kicked and maybe blacklisted... I refuse to pay for wins and I'm not in a PvP guild, so this will be my life now.

Sucks because BrMs are literally THE worst tank for PvP. We have the worst mitigation/survivability (stagger doesn't translate well to PvP) of the tanks. The only RBG we're actually decent at is WSG since we can use RoP to block hallways and put our Transcendence on 3rd floor and then teleport up there to buy time if we're attacked. However, the smart teams already know about this and usually leave some ranged up there ready to f me up upon my port.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-04-28 at 07:31 PM.

YUP. That's what I'm doing as a Monk... Going in as MW and swapping...and then getting kicked and maybe blacklisted... I refuse to pay for wins and I'm not in a PvP guild, so this will be my life now.

Sucks because BrMs are literally THE worst tank for PvP. We have the worst mitigation/survivability (stagger doesn't translate well to PvP) of the tanks. The only RBG we're actually decent at is WSG since we can use RoP to block hallways and put our Transcendence on 3rd floor and then teleport up there to buy time if we're attacked. However, the smart teams already know about this and usually leave some ranged up there ready to f me up upon my port.
    On Deepwind gorge, you might have difficulties staying alive, but on WSG/twin peaks you need to go for max mobility build and knockbacks.

You don't want to be near the cap area, using the turtle playstyle isn't for your spec, what you need to do is sit midfield somewhere with ur healers, preferably closer to your GY, and once the enemy team groups and starts pushing towards you run away, if you use your dashes/port and knockbacks/cc you should be able to out distance the offense zone where the enemy team is placed, and since getting out of combat mid fight is hard most of the time you'll have people trying to chase you but fail and end up over extending and getting killed, which will turn the fight in your favor and hopefully cause their team to wipe giving your team the chance to push for their efc.

Also don't join randoms and swap to brewmaster you'll just get flamed and kicked afterwards, just find a stable team and explain that u just want the skin and make a deal that you'll play MW on any map except WSG/ twins, should be easily doable unless you're aiming for HotH/A.

10+ Year Old Account
    just find a stable team and explain that u just want the skin and make a deal that you'll play MW on any map except WSG/ twins, should be easily doable unless you're aiming for HotH/A.
    I tried this, doesn't work with strangers. They NEEEEED my juicy MW heals on any and all BGs.

Deleted
    The way I did it, was to just say I'm affliction and then prayed the team would carry my useless ass.

Deleted
    For a Warlock, lack of proper burst means we are in the same pile as Balance/SP in that our main job is spread pressure, Affli is pretty much guaranteed a spot in RBGs at any bracket. Been maining a Warlock for 10 years and that's always been the case. Just how it is.

Just spam Yolo at low cr eventually ull win

I always thought 10 rbg wins for an artifact color was an odd requirement. And a spec unfriendly one at that (imo harder and more annoying than the challenge itself)

Maybe you can hope they'll change it in the future :P

A quick fix would be to have this 'achiev' be class wide, you know like any other skin we currently have xD
    made by Shyama

I tried this, doesn't work with strangers. They NEEEEED my juicy MW heals on any and all BGs.
    There's an easy fix to that.

Host your own group.

destro is strong in RBGs if you play properly .. it's also strong in arena, I don't know why people think it's so bad.
    play Fire and Brimstone w/ cremation, grim of sac and that alone is enough to do enough dmg to not feel useless. add in the fact you can Havoc 1 healer, chaos bolt another healer and have them both be hit with 50% ms and a slow and you are very valuable to RBGs.

keep in mind that your unending resolve is only a 1 minute CD in desto and you can use that to mad free cast without having to worry about being kicked if for some reason you actually are being interrupted 80% of your casts. it is very rare that you'll have more than 2 melee on you at any given time because there are healers for them to kill, but if you find yourself in that situation you can very quickly havoc one of them, coil the other and be good to go for a couple of seconds, giving you time to fear one and hope your yolo teammates can help you peel.

If you see that the other team is very melee heavy, you can also play conflag roots and even grim of sup for infernal aoe stun, there are lots of ways for you to contribute without having to rely on 1.5m chaos bolts.

To your point about not finding a guide, I've been streaming destro pvp so maybe there's a market for a little youtube video guide/gameplay hehe
    Last edited by Stingray0011; 2017-05-08 at 07:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Just spam Yolo at low cr eventually ull win
    Or get randomly banned because people in the RBG yolo group were paying someone

I yolo'd 13 RBGs as brewmaster two days ago. Took 6 hours total to get the skin.

We won 10 of the 13.

On topic, with all of the easy dps challenges not requiring high item level, you'd be surprised how easy these RBG's are to win.
    Last edited by stross01; 2017-05-08 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Or get randomly banned because people in the RBG yolo group were paying someone
    Ya I actually read blue post that's fuked up, but usually it happens above 2.2k mmr teams