Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I stand corrected, confused the bundles with the single prices. Normal prices seem to be around $6.

Doesn't change the fact that they still withhold a lot of these characters just to charge extra for them shortly after (or on day of) release.
    While that may be true for MCI, it's the first fighting game capcom has ever pay walled a character at launch. The first dlc character in SFV Alex didn't release until a good 3 months after launch. Oh and once again all SFV character can be bought with fight money, in game currency...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh and once again all SFV character can be bought with fight money, in game currency...
    Which, after you have drained all the easilly availible sources, you will earn at a rate of 50 per win, and 100 per level up. Considering that a new character will cost you 100k, that's either 1000 level ups, or 2000 wins. You technically can grind for new characters, but it will take you so long that it's debatable if it's worth the effort. It's extremely unlikely that you'll accumilate enough to keep up with their release scheduel, especially if you're also wanting to buy new stages (I just got me the classic Vega stage!) too.

Oh, and they've still not even hinted at Sagat for SFV yet .

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Which, after you have drained all the easilly availible sources
    If you did all available sources you will be sitting over a mil. Characters are 100k per.

Even just doing the easy shit nets you around 500k+. Which is 5 free DLC characters or 7 free stages or any combination of the 2.

More then enough to buy the characters you want. Nobody plays the entire fucking roster or needs all the characters unlocked unless you're pro player labbing for tournaments.

There is plenty of shit to complain about in SFV, DLC characters ain't one of them. If you want to complain about DLC in particular then the $4 costumes not a part of the season pass that can't be bought with FM are the biggest offender. Yes, $4 photoshop reskins.

There is plenty of shit to complain about in SFV, DLC characters ain't one of them. If you want to complain about DLC in particular then the $4 costumes not a part of the season pass that can't be bought with FM are the biggest offender. Yes, $4 photoshop reskins.
    Best part is the PC version is moddable so ..free custom skins for all as long as you don't mind the other guy not seeing em (which may be a good thing if your skin is nude Chun Li)

Even just doing the easy shit nets you around 500k+. Which is 5 free DLC characters or 7 free stages or any combination of the 2.
    True, but once you've done the easier content, you're left grinding online or with Hard and Extreme survival mode, which are likely to be difficult to complete for the vasy majority of players for every character in game, in order to get the rest of that FM. I'm not saying it's impossible, only that it might be beyond most players.

With that said, Capcom do plan on making SFV last the entire console generation, without bringing out ultra/super/Alpha etc editions of the game. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know there are more than 5 characters from the SF roster that I'd like to buy if/when they make it to SFV. I've already bought Guile and Balrog, it just doesn't feel like Street Fighter without them and I also splashed out on Akuma. Given that I also want a couple of those other Street Fighter favourites like Sagat, E.Honda, Rose, Dan and Blanka and that "easy" supply can run dry very quickly.

Which is why I'm hoping that Capcom don't use the same kind of system for MvC:I - I don't want to be missing out on fun new characters because I've already spent my FM on someone like Dr.Doom when they go ahead and release Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    True, but once you've done the easier content, you're left grinding online or with Hard and Extreme survival mode, which are likely to be difficult to complete for the vasy majority of players for every character in game, in order to get the rest of that FM. I'm not saying it's impossible, only that it might be beyond most players.

With that said, Capcom do plan on making SFV last the entire console generation, without bringing out ultra/super/Alpha etc editions of the game. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know there are more than 5 characters from the SF roster that I'd like to buy if/when they make it to SFV. I've already bought Guile and Balrog, it just doesn't feel like Street Fighter without them and I also splashed out on Akuma. Given that I also want a couple of those other Street Fighter favourites like Sagat, E.Honda, Rose, Dan and Blanka and that "easy" supply can run dry very quickly.

Which is why I'm hoping that Capcom don't use the same kind of system for MvC:I - I don't want to be missing out on fun new characters because I've already spent my FM on someone like Dr.Doom when they go ahead and release Magneto.
    You realize they give away an easy 7k FM every week right? That's a free character every 4 months for booting up the game once a week and taking 5 mins to do something trivial like knocking over the car in the NY stage...

Hell they just gave away 50k for simply logging into the game after the patch, half of a free character.

There is a new story mode leaked that will come out soon that will inevitably give another 100k+

Acquiring FM is the least of anyone's issues.

....just want to say after the trailers..WTF IS WITH EVERYONES FACE AND WHY DOES CHUN LI LOOK MORE LIKE A RACOON THAN ROCKET DOES...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....just want to say after the trailers..WTF IS WITH EVERYONES FACE AND WHY DOES CHUN LI LOOK MORE LIKE A RACOON THAN ROCKET DOES...
    Capcom been hiring Mass Effect: Andromeda's developer team :P

Yup, I am still not letting up..
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance