Is it possible to remove the character aura circle on minimap?

Hi,

Whenever my character is in a quest focus area or an archaeological dig site, a circular, white aura appears on my minimap. It is not caused by an addon; I checked by disabling all addons, it's still there. I have no idea what use it has other than cluttering the minimap annoyingly.

Here's a screenshot:

http://imgur.com/17b9BAI

Any ideas or console commands how to remove that?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Eommus; 2017-04-29 at 08:34 AM.

It's from the default ui, you can click the little magnifying glass on the minimap and untick digsites I believe it's called

Quote Originally Posted by Inari View Post
    It's from the default ui, you can click the little magnifying glass on the minimap and untick digsites I believe it's called
    Thanks, but that's not what I asked. If you check the screenshot I posted above, you will notice a white circular aura around the character icon on the minimap. That is what I want to remove.

That texture is basically a cosmetic outline designed for the circular minimap, so it looks wrong when the shape is anything but.
    There is a way of removing it I think.
    Will have a look around, if nobody else chimes in before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

HideBlobRing
    Code:
    Minimap:SetArchBlobRingScalar( 0 ); Minimap:SetQuestBlobRingScalar( 0 );

There also is the minimapShowArchBlobs cvar if that works
    Code:
    /console minimapShowArchBlobs 0

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That texture is basically a cosmetic outline designed for the circular minimap
    It appears only when you are in a quest or dig area, and honestly I can't think of a reason why it appears other than to be an annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    HideBlobRing
    Code:
    Minimap:SetArchBlobRingScalar( 0 ); Minimap:SetQuestBlobRingScalar( 0 );
    Thank you very much! Just what I needed. Added the line to my custom clean UI addon

Quote Originally Posted by Eommus View Post
    It appears only when you are in a quest or dig area, and honestly I can't think of a reason why it appears other than to be an annoyance.
    It's to define the edge of the default circle map to show that the quest or dig area is extending beyond what is shown. It's useless on a square minimap, as your screenshot shows.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It's to define the edge of the default circle map to show that the quest or dig area is extending beyond what is shown. It's useless on a square minimap, as your screenshot shows.
    On circular minimap, the quest area texture (blue) and dig area texture (brown) are enough to figure out the area is extending beyond what is shown on the minimap. If I don't see the edge of the marked area, it means it is extending in that direction. I still don't understand why this aura is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eommus View Post
    On circular minimap, the quest area texture (blue) and dig area texture (brown) are enough to figure out the area is extending beyond what is shown on the minimap. If I don't see the edge of the marked area, it means it is extending in that direction. I still don't understand why this aura is needed.
    It looks pretty.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet