Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    What's clear is you are a giant blowhard.

No one in this thread ever disputed anything like this at all and furthermore no one in here is arguing what you are either, they are saying because they can dig up a handful of good survival parses, survival is actually a much stronger spec than it has a reputation for.

I'm saying this is really not complicated stuff. Sure sometimes someone is brought in for a very specific niche role, but that's not really the case here with them taking a Survival hunter. They took what they had available in their raid group. That's what they did, and being a top in the world rated guild they were able to make a less than optimal comp work. Although, maybe if they had a more ideal comp it wouldn't have been a world third kill. Ever think of that?
    They have a 35 man roster, now think about everything you said.

Survival is strong at burst AoE and sustained ST so for that reason it was strong in 7.15 when progression still mattered. It was in the top10 parses on Anomoly(3rd), Trilliax(1st/9th/10th), Starboy(7th), Krosus(2nd/3rd/5th/8th/9th), Botanist(4th/9th) and Gul'dan(1st/3rd/4th/6th/7th).

Now in 7.2, content is on farm, new leggos came along, balance changes happened, new traits were introduced and shit dies quicker. Survival has dropped off alot, with it only appearing in top10 parses for Skorp and Gul'dan although arguably Gul'dan is still the only relevant fight in NH these days. So for some, Survival would still have value to guilds today.

Ultimately, it has a burst AoE niche which suited Nighthold as an AoE heavy raid that favoured melee. For this reason Survival was a solid spec choice for NH progression overall but barely anyone played it for the numerous reasons repeated in multiple threads. However actual spec output was never one of those reasons.

Today, Survival has no real benefit over the other hunter specs apart from Gul'dan if your raid comp is lacking in Fury/Havoc/Ele specs. BM is the superior spec right now and there is no argument there. I'll continue to keep my Survival spec up to date with BM because I enjoy both and will go melee if/when the need arises in my guild. For me Survival was a waste on Gul'dan because we had enough burst AoE, so I went back BM for the kill.

In ToS, we'll have new tier, new itemisation, a balance pass pre-mythic release and new leggos. It could all change, but I'm not the kind of person that hates survival just to hate survival. I'll play it if it outperforms BM/MM and my raid comp has room for a melee. Otherwise I'll play BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapstarz View Post
    They have a 35 man roster, now think about everything you said.
    Have not had. It's fairly obvious after they split with Serenity that they had a lot less to work with. Hence Serenity pulling ahead of them in NH. I mean seriously? One of their Demon Hunters even switched to their hunter for Elisande progression...they had 4 hunters on that fight. Clearly because they could just get whatever they needed no problem right?

But common sense what is that?

This one spec, so good that almost no guilds at all including the first 2 to kill the boss and the majority of those that killed it not long after brought ret palys and fury warriors and more demon hunters instead. Seems that most other guilds didn't even have this problem.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-05-25 at 06:47 PM.

Survival is so crazy now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    People say "it's stronger than MM and BM tho"
    Doesn't matter, Survival does good numbers, but it is pure ass to play.
    Bring back old survival blizz
    So just because it is difficult to play optimally it is pure ass? Melee SV is the most fun I have had playing hunter in a couple years at least. The spec performs very well and has the capability to top charts on any fight, very strong ST and even stronger AoE, a fantastically designed spec that gets so much hate for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzakk View Post
    Sa fantastically designed spec that gets so much hate for no reason.
    No reason?

3.0 was one of my favourite patches ever. One of the reasons for that was the revamped Survival with Explosive Shot (and Black Arrow in the very next patch). 4.0 and 5.0 made it even better, and it was basically the favoured Hunter spec for almost a 4 year period.

Now that option is totally gone, basically so a few melee players could play around on a Hunter alt with the game's 13th melee spec.

People have VERY good reasons for hating Survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    The response people will want? "Don't need it"

The most likely cause? Blizzard forgot.
    Yeah I agree as it seems like an oversight. It seem like a spec missing some defensive abilities.