Deleted

Artifact Research Notes

Would you prefer it we could research more than 2 at a time? Personally I would love the ability to research 5 at a time that way I don't have to worry too much about picking up orders ASAP

I'd like them to be automatically applied, just like the order hall advancements are. Queueing up more doesn't really make a difference(you have to pick them up immediately regardless, otherwise you don't gain the benefit and lose out on AP). Even better would be if AK was account wide, but that'd be too alt friendly for Legion.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-04-29 at 01:54 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    What? Picking up an order and queueing the next one every 4 to 8 or so days is ASAP?!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Would you prefer it we could research more than 2 at a time? Personally I would love the ability to research 5 at a time that way I don't have to worry too much about picking up orders ASAP
    This mechanic is the only reason I'm even subbed atm for, which i feel like is pretty much bs. I have 100k+ resources but i need to log in every 10 days to click one button, which affects the rewards from the next raid that I'm planning on playing.

I've gotten already way more hours from this expac than i thought i would, but having to be subbed for future in game rewards is still shit. I'd like to be able to take a break without it affecting rewards from future content.

It's a 5 day cd ... if you can't be bothered to literally push three buttons on the app once every five days ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

If they were a much shorter duration, sub 1 day then I might have agreed with you.
    No, not every 4 days.
    That is what blizzard made a point of, less need to babysit an order hall on a daily basis.
    Unfortunately they failed to implement a lot of that, still having missions durations way too short, and many other activities requiring at least daily intervention to be optimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    This mechanic is the only reason I'm even subbed atm for, which i feel like is pretty much bs. I have 100k+ resources but i need to log in every 10 days to click one button, which affects the rewards from the next raid that I'm planning on playing.

I've gotten already way more hours from this expac than i thought i would, but having to be subbed for future in game rewards is still shit. I'd like to be able to take a break without it affecting rewards from future content.
    This is really reaching. This argument can be applied to literally every xpac. If you took a break during Ulduar and came back in ICC it would take you longer to get caught up than if you never took a break, or if you came back during ToC.

And the catch-up mechanics mean that, yes, you can take a break and you won't lose as much as you think you did. Plus, the paragon trait is fairly easily reachable without even staying fully on top of AK.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'd like to be able to queue more aswell. I'm not planning to touch my alts until next patch earliest and it's quite annoying having to log just to consume the item and queue more.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This is really reaching. This argument can be applied to literally every xpac. If you took a break during Ulduar and came back in ICC it would take you longer to get caught up than if you never took a break, or if you came back during ToC.

And the catch-up mechanics mean that, yes, you can take a break and you won't lose as much as you think you did. Plus, the paragon trait is fairly easily reachable without even staying fully on top of AK.
    It was much easier in the past, because there was nothing timegating you from doing stuff, you could just get boosted by your guild and immediately be back on a decent level.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    What? Picking up an order and queueing the next one every 4 to 8 or so days is ASAP?!?
    I have 6 characters with queues at different times

I have 24, it's really not a huge deal. If you don't actively play the character, you can just log in every Wednesday and restock all the ones you don't play actively(or some other specific day)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

No, i have done all the content required to get the ak, there is no gameplay involved. My gear is 917 so gearwise for the group i play in there's no catching up to be done either before ToS. I would get if it needed anything, a quest or any input from me to get AK but it doesnt, you just log in to click one button. For me, i have done all the content of this patch.

If AK was meant to have a real catch up mechanic the way better way to accomplish the goal would have been retroactively and progressively making first levels cost less ap or doing "rested xp" for ap too. This mechanic itself feels like it is designed to keep people feeling like they progress all the time while actually doing nothing.

edit: What i forgot to mention was that AP is now the "valor points" of this expac. It is the only guaranteed form of reward. The idea of getting 1/10th of what my guildies get from boss kills is an issue for me and that's why I'm currently subbed. That might be a fault of mine but i don't think there's any gameplay reasons to have AK in the first place.

double edit: As someone who changed chars in this expansion, i know what it feels like to be behind in AK, getting lower rewards than others who do the same content side by side with me.
    Last edited by mmoc029e10d7f3; 2017-04-29 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Ok. So?
    Should I feel sorry for you or something? If you play them actively it's not a problem.
    If you don't - log in once a week and restock?

How can this be so hard?

"ASAP" as in "5 days time"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    "ASAP" as in "5 days time"?
    I usually have an AK ready every day on various characters

10+ Year Old Account
    In a way, I don't mind, but for making it more convenient, rather be able to do more. Maybe pay a little extra when running more than 2.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You run the heroic ICC 5mans for a week and you had caught up. You can never almost never catch up in legion due to AP and Legendaries.
    That's not really true... I've been playing my Holy Paladin since Legion came out, and I'm at ilvl 906, AK 32, 48 points in my weapon and 9 legendaries. A week after 7.2 came out I decided I also wanted to play my Demon Hunter on the side. I started out with pretty much nothing. A little over a month later he's now he's at ilvl 901, AK 31, 45 points in the artifact and 3 legendaries. That's without farming M+ and running a lot of raids. I just raided enough to get the Balance of Power artifact skin, I haven't raided every week. I don't always do every emissary either.

It went from non-existent to only a little bit behind. I'd say that's a pretty decent catch-up for a fairly small amount of time.

What does ASAP mean within this context? You have 5 full days as a buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I'd like them to be automatically applied, just like the order hall advancements are.
    Yeah, I hate that feeling when I complete some missions including AP and then realize that I also had a Research Note ready to complete. :-)

I have seven. It's not that big of a deal, especially since they added the ability to use them in the app. Literally the only reason they even allow two is to keep continuity and keep them rolling without time lost between. Beyond that they keep it only at 2 to force you to log in semi regularly.

What I really miss are resource missions and the resource cache that grew passively up to 500 in WoD. Keeping resources rolling on 5 or more toons takes some work.