Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Camelot unchained sounds cool, but it's not coming out for a long while. Ashes of creation sounds cool as well, but it's a long way out too. Other than those i haven't seen anything that's got me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Camelot unchained sounds cool, but it's not coming out for a long while. Ashes of creation sounds cool as well, but it's a long way out too. Other than those i haven't seen anything that's got me interested.
    To echo what another poster said I'm kind of skeptical about Ashes. A game already funded going onto Kickstarter? And a game that will have a sub and cash shop to boot?

As I said this whole Kickstarter/Crowdfunding generation of MMOs that seems to have popped up recently just seems to be getting overhyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nothing unreleased comes to mind. Save for expansions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nothing unreleased comes to mind. Save for expansions of course.
    2 decent ones this year imo. Stormblood for FF14 and Morrowind for ESO looks interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    2 decent ones this year imo. Stormblood for FF14 and Morrowind for ESO looks interesting.
    Gonna agree for Morrowind, but not for the FF "Server limitation that we can really upgrade but we don't because we are too greedy and we reduce content patch size" 14.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    Gonna agree for Morrowind, but not for the FF "Server limitation that we can really upgrade but we don't because we are too greedy and we reduce content patch size" 14.
    Reduce content patch size? Keep me upto date here. Only patch they made that mistake with was 3.1 which they vehemently apologized for and said it won't happen again. I can give them the benefit of the doubt after having just released an xpac to allow a bit of extra time before the first one. I mean at least they time gated Alexander for 2 weeks rather than 2 whole months. Looking at you Legion and 7.2.

Everything post 3.1 was about the same if not bigger in content than ARR because of the new features introduced like Palace of the Dead. I'm happy with trading 1 dungeon out for a different piece of content being worked on each patch. I mean we had 17 50 dungeons in ARR and Heavensward excluding ACRF has 12 and in return they experimented with new content such as Diadem, Lord of Verminion and Palace of the Dead.

If I'm misunderstanding you here I do apologize because I recall doing so with you once before. But I genuinely don't see where I'm getting less content other than 3.1. As for Stormblood the amount of content looks on par with Heavensward currently. I'm happy with 2 new DPS jobs since Tank balance is already meh atm and Healer Balance is in a sweet spot.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-29 at 08:43 PM.

Crowfall is the only one that comes to mind really.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Albion Online, the new Darkfall and Pantheon look pretty good. I am most interested in Pantheon but it's the least along at this point among the three.

There was a live stream of Pantheon today, iirc. Didn't watch it but it's on my radar nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ashes got itself in a bad place by announcing their going to kickstarter despite claiming to be fully funded.
    Smells fishy
    I can't agree with that line of thinking. The core features of the game are funded. They'd like to add additional features and also possibly shave time off development. Thus they do a kickstarter. To me that's a good thing. The alternative? Get in bed with some terrible publisher that wants to interfere with how the devs want to create and run the game? I've seen so many mmos fail because suits don't care about making a great game, they care about making $$$$. So I much prefer this approach. But hey, I respect your skepticism. I'd just encourage to at least keep up on the game as development goes along. Maybe it'll attract you later on.

So anyway, yeah definitely my pick would would be Ashes of Creation. A lot of great concepts. The devs are very passionate and transparent. The videos they've shown look great.

Website: Ashes of Creation (or you could use the referral in my sig)
    Youtube
    Discord: https://discord.gg/kdzCD68 Discord is very active. The creative director Steven Sharif is often around talking and answering questions.

Last, there's a kickstarter starting May 1st for those who aren't completely turned off by kickstarters
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2017-04-30 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I can't agree with that line of thinking. The core features of the game are funded. They'd like to add additional features and also possibly shave time off development. Thus they do a kickstarter. To me that's a good thing. The alternative? Get in bed with some terrible publisher that wants to interfere with how the devs want to create and run the game? I've seen so many mmos fail because suits don't care about making a great game, they care about making $$$$. So I much prefer this approach. But hey, I respect your skepticism. I'd just encourage to at least keep up on the game as development goes along. Maybe it'll attract you later on.

So anyway, yeah definitely my pick would would be Ashes of Creation. A lot of great concepts. The devs are very passionate and transparent. The videos they've shown look great.

Website: Ashes of Creation (or you could use the referral in my sig)
    Youtube
    Discord: https://discord.gg/kdzCD68 Discord is very active. The creative director Steven Sharif is often around talking and answering questions.

Last, there's a kickstarter starting May 1st for those who aren't completely turned off by kickstarters

Don't be so disingenuous please. Nobody in that thread or here have stated they are against Kickstarters. They have stated that they are against the fact a game is asking for more money when it's ready to be developed through that system and you know it. I don't understand why you are trying so hard to defend a game that hasn't even launched yet.

Fact is the kickstarter has peoples eyebrows raised because the game is already sub with cash shop and it's a revenue stream that should be healthy initially.

You do not respect peoples skepticism either. You are slyly trying to sweep it under the rug like I've seen people do with other MMOs. It's a toxic attitude to take to defend a game vehemently before launch or even Alpha.

Will it be good? Maybe but nobody knows yet. Not even you. All we have are some pre release videos. Passion for something does not mean it will be good either. I've seen devs with passion and games be awful.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-30 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This genre feels dead. Dead like RTS when MOBAs came out. And all we got from MMOs was... Destiny-style games.

Really the only thing on my radar at the moment is Crowfall.

Can anyone even name 3 MMOs in development that actually look decent?
    Albion Online https://albiononline.com/en/home

Ashes of Creation
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

Camelot Unchained http://camelotunchained.com/

Crowfall https://www.crowfall.com/

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen https://pantheonmmo.com/

Saga of Lucimia https://sagaoflucimia.com/

And this one which is finished but you might have missed...

Shroud of the Avatar https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-04-30 at 02:50 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    crowfall pantheon and rend that was easy

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Albion Online, the new Darkfall and Pantheon look pretty good. I am most interested in Pantheon but it's the least along at this point among the three.

There was a live stream of Pantheon today, iirc. Didn't watch it but it's on my radar nonetheless.

Cohh ewww, the biggest sellout in twitch history, guy literally changed his personality to attract viewers and has shit opinions. The game wont make it longer than 3 years its too Wild Star to exist. No instanced content, no queued content, no reasons for casuals to play, doesnt have flying. These are musts for the casual market and which they sadly are the ones who decide if a mmo dies or lives

As people already said, none.

As a casual MMO that might not be a completely failure?

Crowfall seems to be the only one but i doubt it can last.

Star Citizen the way its going wont be out till 2022 so cant really say much about it.

The rest all seem the generic trash with cash shops, milk 20.000 players for a year before they realize nothing new has been implemented for a year and game dies down slowly in the next 2 years.

Camelot Unchained is riding on nostalgia, people wont accept the weird movement/bad graphics for long, its gonna be that "not bad but not famous" MMO.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-30 at 01:40 PM.

basically mmorpg's are dead. What you have is what you have, you need to have the things that make WoW okay to even survive long enough to do other content, you need a party finger like the LFG tool, and need queued constant. If you dont have those you have 0 chance of making it past 3 years

10+ Year Old Account
    I backed Camelot Unchained on kickstarter like three or four years ago. Progress has been slow but is picking up quite a bit lately. Pure PvP mmo.
    Also backed Crowfall a it ago.

Hadn't heard about Pantheon, but any game that does a Ranger right has me interested.

pure pvp mmo's wont make it 2 years before they die, pvp isnt for mmo's play a moba, or fps...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    As people already said, none.

As a casual MMO that might not be a completely failure?

Crowfall seems to be the only one but i doubt it can last.

Star Citizen the way its going wont be out till 2022 so cant really say much about it.

The rest all seem the generic trash with cash shops, milk 20.000 players for a year before they realize nothing new has been implemented for a year and game dies down slowly in the next 2 years.

Camelot Unchained is riding on nostalgia, people wont accept the weird movement/bad graphics for long, its gonna be that "not bad but not famous" MMO.
    CU (Mark Jacobs) stated during the kickstarter they aren't looking to be the next wow. I need to find their pledges (on iPad ATM) where they talked about things like choices mattering

What about Black desert? Seems good to me, just got to level 52 and it's been great so far. Combat is nice and the content is overwhelming, in a good sense.

In addition FFXIV is, in my opinion, the truly best mmorpg out there on the market at the moment. Almost every other mmorpg is milking their IP or cashgrabbing, p2w shit. No wonder why so many people play on WoW Private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    CU (Mark Jacobs) stated during the kickstarter they aren't looking to be the next wow. I need to find their pledges (on iPad ATM) where they talked about things like choices mattering
    I never said any MMO is out to get WoW or become a 10 million sub game.

Camelot Unchained seems promising on what its promising to provide, but it will probably be "Not a bad game, nothing wrong with it" apart from "Yeah only PvP, and ugh the graphics".

It wont be a bad game but it wont be anything that can hold the attention of people for long, at least in my opinion.

I mean how many times can you play the same map in a FPS game and not get bored, or the same 5 bg's in wow and not get bored, etc etc.