Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    There's a handful of games in the works that sounded good until I learned they weren't going to have PVE servers. I have zero interest in playing another MMORPG where I am forced to play on a pvp server. Last one I tried was ArcheAge and while the game itself was kind of fun, but the choice of get ganked or take a break every time peace time ends ruined it for me. That all being said, I'm really only interested in fantasy games so that also limits things for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    You should try Ragnarok Journey or Godswar or maybe BDO

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Same. I suspect I'll play for a while but eventually be reminded of why the genre evolved away from that.

Did they mention if it's an MMO specifically or are you just giving us your personal wish?
    My personal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    But that's literally the game they cancelled...
    yea but now that they have a proper basis and popularity, they can do it again, cuz in many ways what titan was missing was a base game much like how the warcraft rts was before wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    yea but now that they have a proper basis and popularity, they can do it again, cuz in many ways what titan was missing was a base game much like how the warcraft rts was before wow.
    It was not missing a base game. It was just a bad game that they didn't enjoy playing.
    In an interview Polygon published, Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime said the game was cancelled because it just wasn’t good enough. “We didn’t find the fun,” he said. “We didn’t find the passion. We talked about how we put it through a reevaluation period, and actually, what we reevaluated is whether that’s the game we really wanted to be making. The answer is no.”
    I doubt we will see an Overwatch MMO, and certainly not 'soon(tm)'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I've gone back to playing everquest lol. I usually play it during wow luls (ie now-tomb opening).

Crowfall just rose back to the top of my list:

New World sounds intriguing from what little we know about it, but I do wonder how that setting will work in todays PC world.

Deleted
    My biggest problem with new MMORPGs is, that they are heavily based on pvp sandboxing. I would like real good pve themeparks. And really good solo player RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    My biggest problem with new MMORPGs is, that they are heavily based on pvp sandboxing. I would like real good pve themeparks. And really good solo player RPGs.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. When they heavily focus on PVP or about how sandboxy they are, it instantly makes me uninterested in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornlyn View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. When they heavily focus on PVP or about how sandboxy they are, it instantly makes me uninterested in the game.
    Seems they are the only ones currently that are successfull on the MMORPG market. As i predicted some years ago. At the end, pvp sandboxes will be the only MMORPGs which have a market left. Thanks to MOBAs dominating the complete gaming scene. PVE themeparks are dead, thanks to the big players, blizzard at its top. They have the market, and they wont share it.

Lost Ark is one I'm very interested in. Korean MMO that looks like Diablo. Nice graphics/visuals, tons of classes/builds, and a fairly good looking combat system.

The other would be one of the City of Heroes "successors", City of Titans.

Not a single one on the way that really intrigues me. Either they focus too much on PvP, Grinding (the classic soulless kind) or they are in weird genres I have absolutely no interest in. many of them have all these even. A lot of the more interesting ones are also doomed to fail because they try to make the impossible work because they think they've found soltutions to unsolvable problems etc. I hope the age of MMOs comes to an end soon. Then we can have a revival in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Lost Ark is one I'm very interested in. Korean MMO that looks like Diablo. Nice graphics/visuals, tons of classes/builds, and a fairly good looking combat system.

City of Titans is a nice concept but I think Ship of Heroes is going to beat them with a launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post

Lost ark is going to take until 2019 to get outside in the world though.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    There's a handful of games in the works that sounded good until I learned they weren't going to have PVE servers. I have zero interest in playing another MMORPG where I am forced to play on a pvp server. Last one I tried was ArcheAge and while the game itself was kind of fun, but the choice of get ganked or take a break every time peace time ends ruined it for me. That all being said, I'm really only interested in fantasy games so that also limits things for me.
    That's why we went 100% PvE when we first set out to develop our game (Saga of Lucimia).

There's already a boatload of PvP games in development, or games that have PvP included, but nothing that was 100% PvE.

I'm in the same boat as you; I have zero desire to play gank fest, and while I totally respect meaningful PvP (for example, I've always thought that an MMORPG based on the Dune novels would have to be PvP to really be effective), it seems like EVERY game on the market has to have it included.

We're more than happy to make that distinction and be one of the few standing firmly on the "no PvP in our game" crowd

-Tim Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember a single MMO I think won't be dead on arrival. Maybe that's for the best, though. Maybe the real problem with MMO so far has been people overhyping them so maybe now new MMOs might actually have real chances to grow from the ground up. Or not, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    City of Titans is a nice concept but I think Ship of Heroes is going to beat them with a launch.
    I'm patient. Not looking to go with whoever wins the "race" among the successors.