Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Sorry to hear it. That's definitely a bummer. Does make me think it might be wise for me to keep a final credit card statement in a file when cards get cancelled, etc. for future reference. Not for FF in particular, but as a general precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Oh yeah I totally get they are in the right
    I bought physical original then digital via SE for heavensward. Checked no code in only email I had
    Bank can't help unless I know 4 digits of the card number, which I don't, as account was registered when XI launched
    Probably good to start over anyway, see the game with fresh eyes
    Bummer dude. If it's been a while since you played the story is nice to revisit. I'm doing it myself just for the fun of it currently and I'm enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Sorry to hear it. That's definitely a bummer. Does make me think it might be wise for me to keep a final credit card statement in a file when cards get cancelled, etc. for future reference. Not for FF in particular, but as a general precaution.
    I have a notebook I keep with all of my online game information:

Registration codes, credit card number, account name, registered account holder, address at the time I registered, passwords, etc... and I removed my physical authenticator and downloaded the app so I always have it with me (some people prefer the other one, I prefer the phone).

It's helped immensely. SE are nuts about account security. There are multiple pieces of information they can use to authenticate your account and only need 2-3 of them before helping you out so if you want to try again and can get them on the phone, ask them what information they can use and hope you can provide enough.

Deleted
    Well some good news! I remember what box the authenticator is in.
    Bad news it's in storage I can't access till Tuesday as its bank holiday weekend in UK lol
    Dawned on me when I was going through all boxes in the house, that I remembered putting it in a box with all my original pc games so I had them in one place.
    Least I can play Tuesday, thanks again both of you for all the help, it is appreciated.

Deleted
    What faroth said, HW MSQ is super short, compared to the fiesta that is ARR. Not to mention the retarded running back and forth from Whitebrim to Snowcloak in a certain MSQ, its flat out retarded to have to run 3 times back and forth with no aetherytes there. And if only that was the only time that happens..... Vesper Bay still tilts me. Reasonably easy to get to via LL, but the loading screen on loading screen on annoyance is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    What faroth said, HW MSQ is super short, compared to the fiesta that is ARR. Not to mention the retarded running back and forth from Whitebrim to Snowcloak in a certain MSQ, its flat out retarded to have to run 3 times back and forth with no aetherytes there. And if only that was the only time that happens..... Vesper Bay still tilts me. Reasonably easy to get to via LL, but the loading screen on loading screen on annoyance is staggering.
    Nothing was ever worse than the titan/garuda period of costa del sol mmo maguffin fetch em up quests. That still remains the worst part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Nothing was ever worse than the titan/garuda period of costa del sol mmo maguffin fetch em up quests. That still remains the worst part of the game.
    That section of the MSQ you refer to is part of why I almost stopped playing outright; daresay I spent the next week or so simply focused on making piles of gold with WoW garrisons at the time (this was around 2 months prior to HW). When garrisons had more allure than the main questline (at that particular point, at least)...they done fucked it up. Grateful as all hell that it picked up nicely around low-mid 40s with Garuda and only got better in HW (after going through that 2.1-2.3 slog).

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I didn't mind the quests themselves, what I hated is how between 30-50 (which happens to coincide with these MSQ) there are several times where, even when you complete every available side quest, you won't be high enough level to start the next MSQ sometimes being short an entire level which then causes you to go off and do a bunch of shit you don't wanna do just to gain the xp required to start the MSQ up again, only for you to fall short again within a few quests causing the cycle to start over again.

I didn't remember it being quite so bad the first time around because I was so engrossed in the game and the story and just the world itself, but I'm going through it a second time right now just to experience the MSQ again and it's a fuckin chore during this level range. I've been in PotD so any times to bridge this xp gap I could get myself a Kinna weapon right now if I wanted to and I'm only level 44.

I didn't really run into any problem until the high 40s when you'd normally do the N Than FATE train. 30-45 MSQ was smooth sailing without sidequests as of Heavensward when I did it. I didn't do daily dungeons, just queued when MSQ led to one, but I did do all my hunting logs.

I ran into it in HW this weekend at 54 to 55 (which is only like 4 quests, then another wall) so I went ahead and got to 56 in PotD before resuming MSQ.

I didn't mind most of the Titan story stuff. I recognized it all as a joke on fetch quests in general and thought it was funny. That and the bit where one of those NPCs basically tells you to be willing to help the little guy and other adventurers, also not get a big head even though people are going to be building you up as some legendary hero, etc. I mean it could stand to be streamlined a little, but I wouldn't want it outright cut down to nothing.

The thing that did annoy me though was when Minfilia sends you from the Waking Sands to the Black Shroud to meet someone and get information. But as soon as you meet them, Wheepwheepwheep! Minifilia starts talking to that NPC you just met... why didn't she just linkpearl them in the first place? And then you go straight back to the Waking Sands... only to go straight back to the Black Shroud.

That shit pissed me off.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Yeah arbitrary running back and forth to gather and then report on information in a world where linkpearls exist is really annoying and stupid. Coupled with the fact that NPC's apparently have telepathy because you'll leave one zone after being tasked by X to do so, teleport to the destination area and go to the NPC which takes less than 30 seconds and then have the NPC say oh hey <insert character name here> X told me to expect you!

Why did I just run around the freaking continent to speak to people you're already in contact with?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I laughed my ass off, considering what that means on my server - that is to say, Moonguard.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post

Please convince me to play FF or convince me not too ??? I want pros and cons on why you think FF is the MMO to be played right now, or why it isnt the MMO to be played (If not, what is?)
    You should think for yourself. Download the free trial and form your own opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I laughed my ass off, considering what that means on my server - that is to say, Moonguard.
    Moonguard was never my home server, but I've been to goldshire there. What has been seen can not be unseen.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.