Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Aren't they switching that in stormblood so you longer have to complete all the story to go on to the expansion content?
    For the expansion after SB not right now. They mentioned a skip potion on the mogstation but the majority fanbase response was highly negative.

We have tried game with a few friends. Leveling part was really really boring we ended up leaving game without reaching max level. Especially those animated but silent with subtitles cut scenes really turned me off tbh. So just saying this as a fellow WoW player.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it's horrible. My opinion only though. If you want to play an MMO right now that isn't WoW or EVE, your options are:

1. ESO
    2. BDO
    3. GW2
    4. Wildstar
    5. SWTOR
    6. TERA
    7. FFXIV

And in that order. Everything else is terribad.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    For the expansion after SB not right now. They mentioned a skip potion on the mogstation but the majority fanbase response was highly negative.
    You mean the majority of the fanbase that doesn't need the item because they're already max level complained. Yeah that makes sense. Alienate new players who don't want a single player 100+ hour rpg before they can play with other people.

Oh the irony, especially coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, it's horrible. My opinion only though. If you want to play an MMO right now that isn't WoW or EVE, your options are:

1. ESO
    2. BDO
    3. GW2
    4. Wildstar
    5. SWTOR
    6. TERA
    7. FFXIV

And in that order. Everything else is terribad.
    BNS isn't on your list. Intended? Just curious why you think its terribad (it has issues no doubt, but terribad is a strong statement).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    BNS isn't on your list. Intended? Just curious why you think its terribad (it has issues no doubt, but terribad is a strong statement).
    Well I just didn't like it. It has some voice acting and cinematics, which are ok - but otherwise it just felt a poorer version of TERA. If you want tits and ass with action combat - TERA is the go-to game methinks.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Aren't they switching that in stormblood so you longer have to complete all the story to go on to the expansion content?
    I think they are, but not entirely sure.

Here's a LINK to the Stormblood Pre-Order and Early Access.

Here's the quote from the bottom of the page:

To be granted early access and play the new contents from FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood, users need to be playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward and have completed certain quests.
    Which quests those are, as far as I'm aware, remains unclear. However it has been stated that the Red Mage and Samurai jobs will not be locked in Stormblood content and will be accessible upon hitting level 50 in the original A Realm Reborn areas.

Wish eso would have been F2P, had some great memories from the beta, waiting for a boss to spawn, naming my khajit tiger the tiger, giving the beta installer to a friend, wich then proceded to fry his video card, good memories

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I think they are, but not entirely sure.

Here's a LINK to the Stormblood Pre-Order and Early Access.

Here's the quote from the bottom of the page:

Which quests those are, as far as I'm aware, remains unclear. However it has been stated that the Red Mage and Samurai jobs will not be locked in Stormblood content and will be accessible upon hitting level 50 in the original A Realm Reborn areas.
    You have to complete ALL the main story quests to enter the new Stormblood areas. Samurai and Red Mage however will not require you to have completed the MSQ's. You just need to be level 50 to unlock them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You have to complete ALL the main story quests to enter the new Stormblood areas. Samurai and Red Mage however will not require you to have completed the MSQ's. You just need to be level 50 to unlock them.
    Can you provide a source for that? I'm asking because I haven't actually seen that specific requirement posted anywhere, just guesses.

Can you provide a source for that? I'm asking because I haven't actually seen that specific requirement posted anywhere, just guesses.
    This:

This (from the post about "Jump Potions":
    "Once Stormblood is released, in order for the new players to catch up to existing players, they would have to complete the main quests for both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, level up their job to 60, and then collect the appropriate gear."
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Boost-Potions

This (post from a CM):
    "Hi, everyone~!

As many of you have mentioned, the completion of the Heavensward main scenario questline is required in order to access Stormblood areas and content.
    However, this time the NPCs to unlock the new jobs, red mage and samurai, will be located in non-Stormblood areas so that players can become these new jobs ahead of the journey into Stormblood.
    We reached out to the media that conducted this interview to get it updated for clarity.

Hopefully, that clears up any confusion!"
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4093266

All Inboxes (93133)
    Ermagerd

I think this is up to you, really. I dont like FFXIV because of the shitty console restrictions, it makes me gag.

This:

This (from the post about "Jump Potions":
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Boost-Potions

This (post from a CM):

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4093266
    Well I feel stupid....thanks for linking though. I did a quick search and didn't see anything stick out like I was expecting it to...I hadn't had my morning coffee yet....yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    I think this is up to you, really. I dont like FFXIV because of the shitty console restrictions, it makes me gag.
    What console restrictions are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Tried to play the game. Was really excited to give something besides WoW a try on an extended weekend I had. Bought the game, waited over 48 hours for a registration key or something like that... never got it, requested a refund.

Never should a gaming company make customers wait two days or more to even sign-in. My experience was probably rare, but enough to dissuade me from giving this company money. Also heard their customer service is pretty much worthless.
    You can trial the game now for unlimited time up to level 35 (among other restrictions, but it's enough to get an idea as to whether you would want to pay for the game). So this situation you're describing can be avoided.

Well I feel stupid....thanks for linking though. I did a quick search and didn't see anything stick out like I was expecting it to...I hadn't had my morning coffee yet....yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

What console restrictions are you referring to?
    The small zones that you have to travel between all the time. I really do not enjoy it. I like it when the world is full and stitched together properly, makes it feel massive.

The small zones that you have to travel between all the time. I really do not enjoy it. I like it when the world is full and stitched together properly, makes it feel massive.
    Are loading screens between zones the biggest, or only, gripe you have? If so, I'd highly encourage you to play for longer to experience the story and game play. I feel you're missing out on a great game for a very minor thing, in the grand scheme of what could be wrong with an MMO.

Small zones/non seamless isn't a console limitation. Even the devs admitted to that. 1.0 was made with PS3 in mind before scrapped and had seamless zones. It did have "load tunnels" where it was a long walk between a zones end and a regions start but other than that no load screen. Right now it would be a pain in the ass to go back and change it because it's hardcoded. One of those cases where fixing it would cause more issues than it would solve. However it seems to be no problem for future stuff if they can make the new expansions city one big place.

Only really major limiting factor atm is PS3 which ends support on the 16th June.

- - - Updated - - -

Are loading screens between zones the biggest, or only, gripe you have? If so, I'd highly encourage you to play for longer to experience the story and game play. I feel you're missing out on a great game for a very minor thing, in the grand scheme of what could be wrong with an MMO.
    To be fair I can understand why they like seamless zones. I love it myself but I don't let it be a reason not to play a game. If @Lillyth doesn't want to because of that then I can totally understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Avoided? Like I did something incorrectly? I didn't need to trial the gameplay to make up my mind.

I think if a company wants to generate revenue when their product is purchased, it should be delivered timely. Not upwards of two days later without notification. That's how it should be avoided. Either way, a trial literally has nothing to do with the reason why I'm not playing FF14.

I chose not to play because of their customer service and failed delivery.

Thanks.
    While a reason again not stopping me I have to agree. Their CS is one of the worst I've encountered in any MMO setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Small zones/non seamless isn't a console limitation. Even the devs admitted to that. 1.0 was made with PS3 in mind before scrapped and had seamless zones. It did have "load tunnels" where it was a long walk between a zones end and a regions start but other than that no load screen. Right now it would be a pain in the ass to go back and change it because it's hardcoded. One of those cases where fixing it would cause more issues than it would solve. However it seems to be no problem for future stuff if they can make the new expansions city one big place.

Only really major limiting factor atm is PS3 which ends support on the 16th June.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair I can understand why they like seamless zones. I love it myself but I don't let it be a reason not to play a game. If @Lillyth doesn't want to because of that then I can totally understand.

- - - Updated - - -

While a reason again not stopping me I have to agree. Their CS is one of the worst I've encountered in any MMO setting.
    Yeah, I am sorry. It just kills the feel of the world for me.

I know. I have relatively recently started Heavensward, so I am no stranger to the story. It just really irks me every time that I have to watch these huge dotted lines everywhere. At least I tried. I really love my Miqo'te White mage.

Yeah, I am sorry. It just kills the feel of the world for me.

I know. I have relatively recently started Heavensward, so I am no stranger to the story. It just really irks me every time that I have to watch these huge dotted lines everywhere. At least I tried. I really love my Miqo'te White mage.
    Oh yeah man I have the same feeling in GW2 and this but I just keep going. I can understand it's a big immersion issue for people.

I wish they could go back and do it personally. Hell bring back the load tunnels from 1.0 if they have to but hardcoding is a bitch. It's essentially like the default bag in WoW. Mess with it and it creates more shit than it solves.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh yeah man I have the same feeling in GW2 and this but I just keep going. I can understand it's a big immersion issue for people.

I wish they could go back and do it personally. Hell bring back the load tunnels from 1.0 if they have to but hardcoding is a bitch. It's essentially like the default bag in WoW. Mess with it and it creates more shit than it solves.
    Its funny but it bothered me in GW2 way more than FFXIV. Only reason i can think is i was new to GW but had already experienced it in FF12.

That and post GW2 so many psp/vita/3ds games like monhun, peace walker and valkyria chronicles 2 do it due to handheld limitations.