PSA: Elixir of Greatest Demonslaying

This item comes from the new Legionfall supply cache (earned from getting paragon rep with Armies of Legionfall). The tooltip states it gives 200 Attack Power against demons outdoors in the Broken Isles. The actual buff you get from consuming it states you deal 200% increased damage against demons outdoors in the Broken Isles. This is not widely known yet and not many are available (it's not a guaranteed drop from the supply cache), but it works against a certain imp mother that a certain Death Knight spec has to kill for their artifact challenge. I've tested it myself, and it does what it says it's supposed to do. Expect this to be hotfixed to not work in the challenge once Blizzard gets wind of it. Until then, if you can get your hands on one, go get your artifact appearance. It's a 15 minute duration, counts as a flask, and does not persist through death. I've seen it up for 500k-800k gold on my servers, so the secret is getting out. Don't expect this to last for long. There's also no guarantee Blizzard won't roll back the challenge from people who use it (if AP abusers are any indication, they probably won't). I don't think this is an exploit as the item likely does what it's supposed to do. It working in the challenge is probably just an oversight.

Edit: It's been patched.
    Last edited by Gracos; 2017-05-03 at 08:25 PM.

500k for such an ugly skin ? Jesus christ. Maybe I should convert to potions...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    500k for such an ugly skin ? Jesus christ. Maybe I should convert to potions...
    I'm not sure what you mean, but this isn't an alchemy recipe. You may get a single elixir in your supply cache that is a one time use. That's why it's selling for such absurd amounts. Very few people are exalted, let alone earning enough getting paragon rep to get supply caches.

Meh, the challenge is already influenced by gear level and above else class more than anything. Then add the tower to that, various world buffs from foods and the command center. Having some ultra rare cheat item from a bag, that barely anyone has is not going to matter much tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Meh, the challenge is already influenced by gear level and above else class more than anything. Then add the tower to that, various world buffs from foods and the command center. Having some ultra rare cheat item from a bag, that barely anyone has is not going to matter much tbh.
    What ate you talking about? When you do the challenge you don't take any world buffs with you and I'm pretty sure you lose the command center buff as well. What OP is saying is that this potion gives you a 200% damage increase, which means you deal triple damage. Saying that won't matter much is completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerokin View Post
    What ate you talking about? When you do the challenge you don't take any world buffs with you and I'm pretty sure you lose the command center buff as well. What OP is saying is that this potion gives you a 200% damage increase, which means you deal triple damage. Saying that won't matter much is completely wrong.
    Go do the unholy challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Go do the unholy challenge.
    None of the other buffs compare to a 200% damage increase. Even so, it looks like this has been quietly patched. Hope some people were able to put the knowledge to use.