Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Peter Stormare is in it, so i will watch it.
    I wasn't aware he was in the show, too (will probably appear in the second episode, telling from the episode count on imdb) but the instant I read your comment, I knew which character he would portray
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I wasn't aware he was in the show, too (will probably appear in the second episode, telling from the episode count on imdb) but the instant I read your comment, I knew which character he would portray
    He did it well too IMHO, allready one of the better performances I've seen from Stormare, at least for the last 20 years.

Deleted
    Are they trying to be 300 with the gore??

Was too try hard show, won't watch again..

7+ Year Old Account
    Two of my favorites in the show: Ian McShane and Peter Stormare. Those two alone make it a worth while watch.

Not overly blown away but I haven't lost a sense of curiosity in it. Looking forward to watching the story develop further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid episode tonight except for the cliffhanger. We know Shadow isn't going to die in the 2nd episode so not sure if they were trying to leave the viewer in suspense. And then they spoiled any type of doubt with the trailer for the next episode.

One thing I do have to say is that I'm going to be spoiled if they keep up with the amazing intros. The first weeks was amazing and this week's was very powerful, dont tease me and tell me its not an intended trend.

My only beef with this show is that for some reason I cannot keep comparing it to Preacher. Its not fair but I can't help it. I also feel like a lot of people have no idea that this show is out. This is Starz's time to shine and yet little marketing outside of the channel is done for this show.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Agreed it's very similar to Preacher - though Preacher was also a fantastic show!

Never read the books so I'm reading it at the same time, trying to picture Shadow is quite fun knowing he's not the same in the TV Shows. I'm imagining a taller/heavier built Keanu Reeves a little bit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Another great episode. Peter Stormare was outstanding as Czernobog, Wednesday continued to be a one-liner machine of epic proportions and we got bonus Gillian Anderson. How can you complain?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to see the Bryan Fuller has bought over some of the artistic styles from Hannibal, it really works well with the series.

Cloris Leachman at 91 did a fantastic job. Ian Mcshane is great as usual. So far I'm really enjoying it.

Deleted
    Damn Mr.Nancy is not pulling any punches lol. And what a suit. McShane and Stormare seem perfect in their roles. Gaiman and Fuller seem to be a nice match. Loved the visual style of Hannibal.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Gaiman and Fuller seem to be a nice match. Loved the visual style of Hannibal.
    I'm kind of hoping they'd consider working on Sandman together one day.

Do you think we will see Delirium and Barnabas?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I thought Stormare's Czernobog was dead-on to how I imagined the character in the novel - right down to the irritability, cantankerousness, and the homicidal rage thinly disguised with ironic mirth. Ian McShane is completely on point as well as Wednesday, perhaps a little more wiseacre and less serious than his novel counterpart but it suits the tone of the TV series quite well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Do you think we will see Delirium and Barnabas?
    I would legitimately die of happiness if that happened. Wouldn't even need to be a full on role, just a little background thing... If we could see a girl with colourful hair walking along with a dog, and a fish, floating along on some string.

I could die happy.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I would legitimately die of happiness if that happened. Wouldn't even need to be a full on role, just a little background thing... If we could see a girl with colourful hair walking along with a dog, and a fish, floating along on some string.

I could die happy.
    I would die a happy man too.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of dying of Happiness...

According to Neil Gaiman's latest facebook update, American Gods has already been picked up for season 2, and they're working on it as we speak!

Sounds like I need to get on this sometime over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So how are the US viewers dealing the with amount of FULLY ERECT PENIS in this show?
    Mine's bigger. Its all good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another fine episode. American Gods is killing it right now. Episode 3 is the one I'd show to know knew people, not the best but without some of the "WTF is even going on" moments.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Watched the first two episodes... damn. Can we claim Ian McShane as ours (american)? I feel we need a national treasure such as he.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Damn Mr.Nancy is not pulling any punches lol. And what a suit.
    Glad to see Orlando Jones doing something non-comedy, though he always makes me laugh. That was some hardcore introduction to his character. Fucking loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another great episode. Loved the intro with Anubis, it was so beautifully shot I could have watched a whole episode like that!

The actual episode itself was solid, kind of a filler episode, very little new information, just some great character development for Shadow and Wednesday and some more minor hints as to his past and wednesday's identity.

The little side story with the STD (Sexually transmitted Djinn ) was great too, I like these little self contained stories, giving you more lore about the world and telling these short, very human stories. Hope they keep it up.