Thread: Low pop servers

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Low pop servers

I was wondering what happened to WoW, almost every server on Europe is low, even my main server- Outland PVP, which is the biggest server in Europe shows that has low pop. I have never seen outland at low, heck, not even on medium, and i have been playing on it since 2012. WTF is goin on ?! Im aware its monday morning, but this never happened till now, not even in WOD.

http://imgur.com/a/8YYtR

No idea what you are on about, I had a login queue for a few minuts to Silvermoon (eu) last night..

the server capacity was extended the servers are still just as populated

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did double population caps in WoD for servers, so many that were high became medium, medium became low etc, with the same population.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    I was wondering what happened to WoW, almost every server on Europe is low, even my main server- Outland PVP, which is the biggest server in Europe shows that has low pop. I have never seen outland at low, heck, not even on medium, and i have been playing on it since 2012. WTF is goin on ?! Im aware its monday morning, but this never happened till now, not even in WOD.

Since 2012? My aren't you new, we had high pop servers all year round (Mostly) before Cataclysm came around and slowly started sucking the 12 mil subs we had down the Stormwind pipes.

WoD did double the pop servers, anticipating the amount of new players, which reached up to 10 mil and then plumeted faster than Garrosh's flagship In the twilight highlands. But even now, the best guesses put WoW's population (If you Ignore the optimistic fanboys with their crazy numbers) Is around 2-4 mil at best with the subs waning slowly with no real content In sight. I doubt Legion put the subs at higher than 5.5 mil which was at Q3 2015, a bit after 6.2 Hellfire came out.

So what happened to WoW? To answer your question: Legion, a bad expansion with lots of grinding, more RNG than WoW ever had.

Diablo 3 style legendary drops,

Content gating and cutting up (I'm looking at you 7.1's suramar story).

World quests which are nothing but dailies with a different name, spread out across the expansion map, there's tons more of them, and It will take you hours to do all of them while Daily Hubs on the other hand with an optimal path In mind will take you 30 minutes at best or less, while World Quests are hilariously easy the travel time to each of them takes more than doing them - and then doing them Is obsurd: Stomp on wine, grow trees as a wisp, kick squirel nuts around and get en epic helmet of kicking butt.

LFR being gated per 2 weeks Instead of 1, minor nitpick but nitpick nonetheless which heralds the entirity of Legion, gating.

Mobs scaling to your ilevel outdoors, effectively making gear aquisition useless as you'll never become stronger than your opponent.

Artifact Power grinding Is obsurdly bad, the traits should just not be a thing and your Artifact Weapon at the very least should be a cosmetic thing and not something you time Into to become stronger, we have gear for that, It worked, If it aint broke don't fix It and now progression's broken, as In, It doesn't exist.

And that's only off the top of my head, and that's basically the majority of Legion's systems and mechanics and they're bad.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Off the top of my head, 'm sure Stormscale, silvermoon, ragnaros are all bigger than outland no?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Since 2012? My aren't you new, we had high pop servers all year round (Mostly) before Cataclysm came around and slowly started sucking the 12 mil subs we had down the Stormwind pipes.

WoD did double the pop servers, anticipating the amount of new players, which reached up to 10 mil and then plumeted faster than Garrosh's flagship In the twilight highlands. But even now, the best guesses put WoW's population (If you Ignore the optimistic fanboys with their crazy numbers) Is around 2-4 mil at best with the subs waning slowly with no real content In sight. I doubt Legion put the subs at higher than 5.5 mil which was at Q3 2015, a bit after 6.2 Hellfire came out.

So what happened to WoW? To answer your question: Legion, a bad expansion with lots of grinding, more RNG than WoW ever had.

World quests which are nothing but dailies with a different name, spread out across the expansion map, there's tons more of them, and It will take you hours to do all of them while Daily Hubs on the other hand with an optimal path In mind will take you 30 minutes at best or less, while World Quests are hilariously easy the travel time to each of them takes more than doing them - and then doing them Is obsurd: Stomp on wine, grow trees as a wisp, kick squirel nuts around and get en epic helmet of kicking butt.

LFR being gated per 2 weeks Instead of 1, minor nitpick but nitpick nonetheless which heralds the entirity of Legion, gating.

Mobs scaling to your ilevel outdoors, effectively making gear aquisition useless as you'll never become stronger than your opponent.

Artifact Power grinding Is obsurdly bad, the traits should just not be a thing and your Artifact Weapon at the very least should be a cosmetic thing and not something you time Into to become stronger, we have gear for that, It worked, If it aint broke don't fix It and now progression's broken, as In, It doesn't exist.

And that's only off the top of my head, and that's basically the majority of Legion's systems and mechanics and they're bad.
    You knew this type of post was coming, but sadly it's true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Off the top of my head, 'm sure Stormscale, silvermoon, ragnaros are all bigger than outland no?
    not according to https://realmpop.com/eu.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post

Well, im not new to the game, i started playing wow in tbc, until 2012 i was into PVE, but once DS came out i changed to PVP. Dont know much about Legion tbh, i quit the game 1 month after WOD was released and its the first time since then. Came back pretty much for nostalgia, nothing else.

Deleted
    I understand people who say that blizz just increased the player cap for all realms BUT that doesn't explain the fact that said low population realms are completely barren if you investigate them in-game.

Deleted
    PRIME TIME, 21:36 Outland PVP is on medium. largest server has medium pop. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I see a queue for my server on peak hours.. Soooo, even if just 7 in queue, still.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor was High a day or two ago, Kazzak too.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Went from Doomhammer to Draenor since 7.2 ,but last couple weeks the world itself seems emptier then before unless some cross-realm group pops in (many diff server names at once)...

City chat is a huge difference tho, but most trade chat is recruitment/selling boosts+runs/Items.

Blizz need to update the AH, add a new guild finder tool (old one isnt relevant/updated since cata really).

I dunno if it's me or population going down or sharding tech changed to have less people in the world.

Of course many ppl got flying now so are "done" with broken shore. Also I guess the most geared populace only does raids/emmisary etc.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-02 at 03:28 AM.

Deleted
    I used to realm hop a lot, playing with many people cross realm etc.
    And the very most people I play with are from Kazzak. What I can say about Outland is…
    I didn't even remembered such a server name until you told it.

This is like a dead server with low population I almost never see in any premade groups, LFR, nor realm hop… and the site you're linking…
    it shows tens of EU servers having exact 465140 players. This is clearly malfunctioning, and if it shows some low pop server as highest pop,
    I would strongly advice you to change your source of information. Maybe just queue to LFR and see from what servers people are from?

Quote Originally Posted by Kee View Post
    I used to realm hop a lot, playing with many people cross realm etc.
    And the very most people I play with are from Kazzak. What I can say about Outland is…
    I didn't even remembered such a server name until you told it.

This is like a dead server with low population I almost never see in any premade groups, LFR, nor realm hop… and the site you're linking…
    it shows tens of EU servers having exact 465140 players. This is clearly malfunctioning, and if it shows some low pop server as highest pop,
    I would strongly advice you to change your source of information. Maybe just queue to LFR and see from what servers people are from?
    Bear in mind that Kazzak is almost all Horde, while Outland is almost all Alliance.

Deleted
    They raised the number of possible players on each server, don't forget that.

My server is also mentioned as Low Pop and there are 38 active Guilds with at least 1 Mythic kill and way more active extreme casual guilds.

Deleted
    Realmpop data is outdated and inaccurate. If you want the real numbers see https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu/lang.en

You'll notice that the 5 most populated realms are always on high. Argent Dawn is up there with them too for some reason. Everything else is medium or low.

I think the way the in-game realm browser works is that the most popular realms are set to always show "high", doesn't matter the time of the day or the amount of people online. The other realms show the actual amount of people on the realm at any given time.

The biggest problem for me is that there is no high pop realm with a balanced alliance to horde ratio. All the huge ones are severely dominated by either side. WoW has always been centered on the conflict and differences between the factions and people seem to have forgotten about it. They'd rather have the whole thing told through the cringy storyline and not actual wPvP.
    Last edited by mmoca7431c090a; 2017-05-02 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    The number of servers is huge compared to number of players. My best guess that blizzard will start merging them again next year or so.
    doubtful, would be a PR nightmare really.. I suspect it would be worded and rolled into cross realm / sharding tech to the point you can be in guilds / AH / Trade with anyone in the region but still have your server tag so your name is unique.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

This happen in the US during the downscale during Cata/MoP. Not sure about other regions obviously because I don't play them. But just don't expect much to be done about it. Merging realms is admission of the game not being 200000000 billion people anymore so pride is hurt and thus unacceptable not to mention a horde of "dead game" assholes will be waving it around like its their first time getting laid. Then you have to factor in that you do have some lively realms and Blizzard can earn money by having people wanting to play on a lively server tossing money at them to move the toon(s) over to them.

So it boils down to this:
    1. Accept we aren't what we once were and hand the haters what they want... or... maintain pride and deny haters the dream
    2. Spend money to make the game better... or.. earn money from players wanting to make the game better...

Not many players left, thats all.
    Blizzard seems to actually want to make the game worse for whatever reason.