Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Quick play wait time

Is it normal that you have to wait until 5 minutes to get into games?

Deleted
    I'm getting that also tt. There is a message avg wait time is 45 sec, but I'm waiting around 4-5 mins. Dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by alexOverPro View Post
    I'm getting that also tt. There is a message avg wait time is 45 sec, but I'm waiting around 4-5 mins. Dunno why.
    Do you also get matched against people who are like 300-400 levels higher than you or more? I'm lvl 24 currently and I'm being matched against people who are lvl 300+ and some even have silver portraits.

I usually only wait 20-30 seconds.

It's probably due to the time, I play at night.

And yes, you're going to be waiting longer if less people are playing especially at a low level like that, most likely it's trying to find other players in a similar experience group as you, but with not many playing, it throws you in with the more experienced players.

Deleted
    Yea, I'm getting matched with people who are on waaaaay higher lvl than me.

I imagine cause most people play arcade during the event, and they added No Limits back (arguably more fun that Quick Play) so you probably just have less people actively interested in QP ... I know I always play Mystery Heroes or No Limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Do you also get matched against people who are like 300-400 levels higher than you or more? I'm lvl 24 currently and I'm being matched against people who are lvl 300+ and some even have silver portraits.
    I doubt the match maker cares at all about levels. Win rate seems to be what it goes for.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Levels don´t matter. It just shows that those ppl spend more time in the game than others. But it does not show anything about their skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go through about 5 skirmishes and 3 games where not enough people found before I get a game.

Stop thinking that high leveled players have an actual upper hand on you. The reality is quite the opposite. It shows that these players spent way more time in game than you, but ended up in your level. Meaning they are slow to actually get better at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Stop thinking that high leveled players have an actual upper hand on you. The reality is quite the opposite. It shows that these players spent way more time in game than you, but ended up in your level. Meaning they are slow to actually get better at the game.
    That's true once the matchmaker actually gets a feel as to what bracket you should be playing in.

At level 24, I doubt that has fully kicked in, especially consider they still had a 5 minute wait.

Overwatch tends to match experience/skill. At lower levels both are lacking, so they try not to match you with people who will stomp/carry you. I'm level 809 and usually see others around my level. I imagine there aren't many low levels anymore, most people have either quit OW, or play enough to be in the 200-400 level range.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's true once the matchmaker actually gets a feel as to what bracket you should be playing in.

At level 24, I doubt that has fully kicked in, especially consider they still had a 5 minute wait.

I started monitoring the peoples competetive rating that I get matched against now, everyone seems to be ranging from diamond to master...
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-02 at 07:53 PM.

After a certain amount of waiting the matchmaker will put you in any group, including those who have much higher MR rating than you.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I started monitoring the peoples competetive rating that I get matched against now, everyone seems to be ranging from diamond to master...
    Not sure if you are trying to argue anything here or just making a random statement.

But to add to that, yes, that is how you check your quickplay MMR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Blizzard has said there isn't much point in buying smurf accounts seeing as you would get, at most, a few games of noob crushing before the system figures to put you in higher ranked games. At level 24 it should have you pinned by then, hence the requirement for comp games.

Is it normal that you have to wait until 5 minutes to get into games?
    Try comp. When I do play QP it seems to put me in and out of "waiting for more" games :P
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I have a feeling there's a hidden system that puts toxic players together, I know a few other games have that kind of system implemented and one of the punishments there is a longer queue time.

So if you've been toxic, that's probably it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever waited 5 mins. 2-3 mins seems to be the normal high for me.

Not sure if you are trying to argue anything here or just making a random statement.

But to add to that, yes, that is how you check your quickplay MMR.
    Curious if that is why it's a long wait time seeing as most people are high level and have that rating in competitive so maybe not many of those are playing quick play and that is why I have a long wait time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    I have a feeling there's a hidden system that puts toxic players together, I know a few other games have that kind of system implemented and one of the punishments there is a longer queue time.

So if you've been toxic, that's probably it.
    What does toxic mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Curious if that is why it's a long wait time seeing as most people are high level and have that rating in competitive so maybe not many of those are playing quick play and that is why I have a long wait time?

- - - Updated - - -

What does toxic mean?
    You really don't know O.o? Basically you curse at your teammates, harass others and generally offer bad teamplay such as picking hanzo in Ranked etc.