Deleted

New in WoW, need advice

Hello. I spent few years in Lineage 2 as gladiator - character with dual swords: very nice 1 target dmg, nice AoE and decent mobility. I would like to ask which character in WoW will be most similar to this char. Im more like PvE player, Im not gonna play arenas, BG from time to time. Cheers

Deleted
    never played lineage and i imagine in general the games are different enough that it's near impossible to make 1on1 comparisons.

I think there are class trials now, so you can test a few classes at high level before you make a decision. not sure how they work google it.

you can also make up to lvl 20 characters for free. so go walk around in a city abit look around at what kinds players look cool. check out the target dummy areas in orgrimmar/stormwind, chances are you can see a few people in combat there.

-fury warrior: dual wields two handed weapons. plate armor. has charge and heroic leap so pretty good on the mobility.
    -frost deathknight: dual wields one handed weapons. plate armor. frost magic theme. not much mobility but can grip enemies to themselves instead.
    -enhancement shaman: dual wields one handed weapons. mail armor. bit of a earth/wind/fire kinda theme, has ghost wolf pets. has travel form for mobility. not sure if shamans can use swords specifically, might be limited to maces/axes/fist weapons.
    -rogues: multiple specs that dual wield one handed weapons. leather armor. one of their specs is pirate based now which is less sneaky sneak. they got sprint and shadowstep for mobility. it's different but might be worth spending a few minutes checking.
    -havoc demon hunter: dual wields glaives (but can transmog to swords). leather armor. very high mobility spec, double jump, gliding, dashes.

damage in general is ok for most specs these days so i wouldn't worry too much about that, look at whats fun first.

lastly i also recommend spending some time researching the server you wanna play on. high/medium/low pop each have advantages and sometimes major disadvantages. check on wowprogress.com how many active pve guilds there are on your server. you don't want the game to recommend you a low pop server and then find out later they only have 1 or 2 guilds.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-05-01 at 01:04 PM.

Fury Warrior fits that mould quite well.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I've played lineage 2 as a glad. Play as fury (2h dual wielding) or if you are looking for something with magic involvement play a frost dk (1h dual wielding).