Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Finally got my Farondis mount today.

Also got my first AoL paragon box... which was a dud. Big surprise.

50th Farondis box open, no mount.

edit:

51st box was the key! All pre-7.3 mounts achieved. Now if I can just get some Argussian reach missions to actually spawn on my board..
    Last edited by Shaker; 2017-09-17 at 09:11 PM.

Opened first Army of the Light cache and looted the Blessed Felcrusher (light elekk). Sadly it cant fly . Would be cool to have a flying elekk mount.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-09-20 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
    43 Farondis caches... no mount, help
    I would love to trade my excess Farondis mount for a High Mountain moose duplicate, but unfortunately, this is not possible. :/

Deleted
    It's not funny anymore, Farondis mount number 5.....Iam still missing warden's toy, HM moose and carpet from the Nightfallen Similar feelings with eggs, last 25 eggs were pets and food, still waiting for the last mount...

Deleted
    I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't introduce a failsafe mechanic on crap like this.

With every box opened, your chance to get it the next time increases by a certain amount of %.

It's absolute BS that some people get it on the first try, and others, 50 boxes later, still don't get it. I know RNG is RNG, but it does feel unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't introduce a failsafe mechanic on crap like this.

With every box opened, your chance to get it the next time increases by a certain amount of %.

It's absolute BS that some people get it on the first try, and others, 50 boxes later, still don't get it. I know RNG is RNG, but it does feel unfair.
    I swear I remember reading or hearing Ion himself answer a question in regards to adding some sort of luck protection for the box mounts specifically, but I can't find it anymore. Maybe it was in a dream

Deleted
    I swear I remember reading or hearing Ion himself answer a question in regards to adding some sort of luck protection for the box mounts specifically, but I can't find it anymore. Maybe it was in a dream
    I don't remember anything like that. -.-

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post

I unsubbed over this. It was the last drop on the rng legion issues for me. They could have easily add the paragon mounts to rep vendors for curious coins, thus allowing to target the acquisition of mounts, but they want hamsters to keep the wheel rolling.
    /spit@Blizzard

I'm not sure it was Ion, but I know bad luck protection was brought in for the paragon mounts with 7.2.5. Ion did say during a recent interview just before 7.3 hit that they thought the current drop rate for paragon mounts was too low and may be rectified in a patch further down the line.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

There's 3 elekks and a toy in the Army of Light one http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=152923/gleaming-footlocker

Argussian Reach, oddly enough doesn't seem to have a rare reward: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=152922/b...chest#comments

Just that cube of discovery thing, and that's pretty slow without the mission table. So we can basically ignore that rep beyond exalted

i've opened plenty of paragon chests as well, gotten the valajar mount, and the kirin tor pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcilord View Post
    The time when you thought, that farming garrison mounts in WoD was so bad, especially when you received copies again and again and you realize, that this is so much worse :-D I really donť understand, why is Blizzard punishing mount collectors so much sometimes.
    wow. I agree with you, you are just the first to actually say this outloud. I immediately compared this to the garrison mounts and realized these are MUCH the fuck worse... like unless you are a lucky tool and get them early these 1%ers will mean grinding a shit ton of rep in the next xpac LOLOLOL. FUCK YOU BLIZZ!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    wow, you're meant to be getting mounts or toys in these? i've opened about a hundred ever since this was implemented and all i get is 600-700 gold or maybe some order resources

in other words, this is some complete bullshit
    You are meant to BELIEVE you are gonna get mounts and toys in these. The case is, you won't normally. They very much have the feel of 1% drops in wow. I too have opened roughly 100 of these boxes (across all reps) and I did get 1 mount - very early on - and nothing in 90 boxes since then.. it's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I unsubbed over this. It was the last drop on the rng legion issues for me. They could have easily add the paragon mounts to rep vendors for curious coins, thus allowing to target the acquisition of mounts, but they want hamsters to keep the wheel rolling.
    I wish I was that head-strong, but all this did was made me not be a mount collector anymore... for all the reasons you say. I personally would have liked them to add the mounts to the daily chest for that specific rep as well or something... the way it is now its a farm only the luckiest are going to achieve. I can't believe how many post here that in under they 100 boxes they've "gotten them all" or are just missing one more.

I've been smashing them out on my 3 toons and so far have only gotten the dreamweaver mount and a duplicate of it and the toy from wardens siras last cloak.

Pretty lame, they are all awesome mounts except the moose one. Got that covered with spectral and the achievement from archi

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    There's 3 elekks and a toy in the Army of Light one http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=152923/gleaming-footlocker

Argussian Reach, oddly enough doesn't seem to have a rare reward: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=152922/b...chest#comments

Just that cube of discovery thing, and that's pretty slow without the mission table. So we can basically ignore that rep beyond exalted
    Seriously, people are already opening Argussian Reach chests? I only got into revered recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    I'm not sure it was Ion, but I know bad luck protection was brought in for the paragon mounts with 7.2.5. Ion did say during a recent interview just before 7.3 hit that they thought the current drop rate for paragon mounts was too low and may be rectified in a patch further down the line.
    Source on this please? This would make me super happy for the future of these mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Seriously, people are already opening Argussian Reach chests? I only got into revered recently.
    Yeah theres players out there who run 10-15+ alts into Argus, and those 500 BoA rep missions have popped occasionally. It works out for them because they get all the rare mounts quickly, plus the gold missions are about as lucrative as WoDs, provided they have the resources. Plus theres the big blood and bacon WQs. Big time investment though, but lucrative.

Just recently gotten ALL old paragon mounts + toy. Just about to get 1st AoL paragon shortly. Since it is 3 mounts in one box, guessing it is higher chance overall compared to the old paragon boxes. Bliss of having several alts to do it.

Although I am not sure I will be doing Argussian Reach paragon, seems to be no special reward for it. Unless I am mistaken, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by KrakinTauren View Post
    Just recently gotten ALL old paragon mounts + toy. Just about to get 1st AoL paragon shortly. Since it is 3 mounts in one box, guessing it is higher chance overall compared to the old paragon boxes. Bliss of having several alts to do it.

Although I am not sure I will be doing Argussian Reach paragon, seems to be no special reward for it. Unless I am mistaken, anyone?
    There seems to be an item to get AP on alters between 100-109 but no mount apparently.

Just got my last mount from Broken Isles Paragon I hope they scrap this completely for next expansion tbh.

Just to make things worse with the army of the light elephants, you can get duplicates. To make things potentially better, you can get more than one elephant in a bag. I have had neither of these happen to me yet.