Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Legion Exalted Faction Box - Mounts and Warden Toy

So.... in the spirit of the omg-will-it-ever-drop thread for the Fox Mount, here is one for the 5 newer box-drop mounts added in 7.2. These mounts and the Warden toy drop from the boxes you get for grinding each 10k rep above Exalted.

The way Blizzard does these drops now, it's impossible to tell what the real drop rate is on these things. And you get the stooges on WH who "got it in my first chest!!11!!!1!!".

If Blizzard have said drop rates, please add your comment with a reference link, because datamining has not shown the drop rates that I can tell. I hate this because at least if I know the drop rate, I can make an educated decision on whether I should spend my time on this, or chuck it and do something else. I only have so much time to play, so spending it clearing WQs each day vs. doing some other activity like clearing old raids for missing transmog etc. is a choice I have to make.

So far, I have opened 3-4 of each faction's containers, and not gotten any of the mounts or the toy.

I want the Wild Dreamrunner the most, so my strategy has been to always pick the Dreamweavers token when the Kirin Tor WQ daily pops. When I get the Dreamrunner (if, sigh), I will pick another faction's tokens.

Have you gotten any of these items yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the Wardens toy from one of my early boxes, not got any of the others. Not really kept count though, and Rarity doesn't seem to be counting for me /shrug

Only Activision-Blizzard know the drop rates for these items.

I just stopped worrying about paragon. I'll paragon when I paragon. I prefer sto send off the BoA rep tokens to alts for professions and whatnot. Getting my JC to revered with Fandaris for the boon was well worth more than a small chance at some reskinned mount that shoulda been available for purchase at exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't opened that many paragon boxes yet since I don't grind out a zones WQs but I am considering it for Valajar cause I want the storm drake badly. But so far about 8 boxes from various factions and no cool rewards yet.

For what it is worth, you can see how many caches you have gotten. The game still tracks your rep over exalted.

There is probably a command to run to see it, but otherwise, just set the rep bar to your experience bar. You will see something like 25000/10000, showing that you've already received two caches from that faction, and are halfway to a third.

Since these are, presumably, all one time drops, you'll never be able to get a good drop rate, and over time, even if we were to track it with all cache openings, the stats would always skew towards 0%. That is, if I were to open a trillion caches, the drop rates would appear to be 1:trillion for each item.

i got 3 mounts in about 9 boxes

I have opened 1 box for each faction (except broken shore faction) on 2 characters. Both got the Wardens toy in their first box. Haven't gotten anything else.

I am going to guess the toy has a slightly higher chance than the mounts... So people get something, which encourages them to keep trying for the mounts.

I figure with so much time left in the expansion, I will end up getting all the mounts eventually, so at the present, I am also sending the BoA faction tokens off to alts to help them get faction for professions. Once my alts have their recipes, I'll start clicking them on my main/first alt for paragon boxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Only Activision-Blizzard know the drop rates for these items.

I just stopped worrying about paragon. I'll paragon when I paragon. I prefer sto send off the BoA rep tokens to alts for professions and whatnot. Getting my JC to revered with Fandaris for the boon was well worth more than a small chance at some reskinned mount that shoulda been available for purchase at exalted.
    Yeah I am taking a break from professions and pet battles this expansion, because I OD'ed on them during Draenor. I made probably 15 million gold doing that stuff, spent maybe half of it in the BMAH buying a ton of stuff I always wanted, but when Legion rolled around I just was like... no more profession crap for awhile. And I was doing the pet menagerie on 7 toons a day for the last 8 or 9 months of WoD so burnt on that too.

This time, I decided to focus on transmog, since the new wardrobe allowed me to unstuff my packed banks and voids. I don't have time for organized raiding these days. So I decided to focus on filling in as much missing transmog gear as possible. I've always been a mount collector so I also started doing WQs again when this patch dropped, after ignoring them for quite some months since hitting exalted.

Let's just say that the transmog completion effort is moving along at a **much** faster pace than the missing mounts.

I have opened 23 boxes so far and nothing to show for it...

well, nothing but gold.
    Last edited by BigAinCA; 2017-05-01 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    i got 3 mounts in about 9 boxes
    Damn, son. I'm at 15 or 16 boxes and still nada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    I have opened 23 boxes so far and nothing to show for it...
    Not... encouraging.

I'll get my stormheim box when I get home. Can't wait for the disappointment.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    22 boxes on main, 3-4 on alts, nothing yet. Pretty annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got the Court paragon mount on my 2nd cache. However, Valarjar [my most wanted] is at 8, and nightfallen is at 10 and no mounts from them. Dreamweaver/highmountain to low to mention at this point, as for wardens... idc about it
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

Does the Legionfall paragon award anything?

15+ Year Old Account
    got high mountain mount from 10th cache, around 15cache so far, 1mount
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    20 caches in so far, no pet no mounts no toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Does the Legionfall paragon award anything?
    a battle pet.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    If Blizzard have said drop rates, please add your comment with a reference link, because datamining has not shown the drop rates that I can tell. I hate this because at least if I know the drop rate, I can make an educated decision on whether I should spend my time on this, or chuck it and do something else. I only have so much time to play, so spending it clearing WQs each day vs. doing some other activity like clearing old raids for missing transmog etc. is a choice I have to make.
    When you don't know the drop rate assume either 1% or 0.1% until evidence shows otherwise.

From my experience though, it's a big fat 0% :P

At 30 and nothing.

Almost saved another 20 for another vid.

(-_-)

11 so far with nothing. Not going out of my way to get them, though.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Seems like a 5-10% drop chance from my experience speaking to other mount collectors such as I. Sucks, really.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.