Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Let's say you farm a boss mount and a paragon mount with 5 chars. How much time will you spend per week for each of these goals?

5-10 minutes with each character every week for the boss. For the paragon mount it will be substantially more.
    You need to include a bit more details as an example.

Paragon chests are just a bonus from doing Emissary caches.
    I am 100% certain that you do not have every single legendary available to your class.
    You would also need to take into account doing Order Hall rep missions.

If you are hunting a specific faction mount, then doing all the WQ's in a zone daily is time-consuming, but if you are using the 3 day time limit effectively.
    You are only doing 1 or 2 super fast WQ's in day, maybe 0, if there is nothing.
    Eg. (Today is Warden's and yesterday was HM. There were no Warden WQ's in HM so there was no reason for me to do a single WQ)

If you take into account travel time to said raid. Depending on the raids location... In most cases.
    You can complete all the easy WQ's before even getting to the Boss mount that you have on farm.

You also did not mention if it was a full clear or a saved lock.

Overall, I would say that quick and easy WQ's(Warden's and Kirin Tor) are way more efficient than farming a boss mount that has 5x less likely chance of dropping.

If you could give me a more specific example/comparison.
    I would have a better understanding.

Note: I have opened 320+ Paragon Caches, 2400+ Emissary caches and 1500+ Legionfall recompenses as well as have a lot of rare mounts.
    So I do have experience in both aspects.
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2017-08-19 at 11:32 PM.

Some of you sure are lucky ... or I am really unlucky. I go the Dreamrunner mount at box #87 and the Stormwing at box #188. At 193 boxes opened right now.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have opened 86 chests, no mounts, 1 pet (wardens pet). These "paragon mounts" are a stupid fucking idea, ive grinded to exalted with these factions the equivalent of 8-10 times each at minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have every single legendary for my rogue, last one being prydaz lol

Deleted
    I don't like these extremely RNG based drops (Same with Archaeology).

I've got nothing at all. But when I read that some people have opened dozens of boxes, I've opened barely any boxes compared to them...

RNG sucks, I'd rather have a system that increases your chance of getting it on your next drop if you fail to get it this time. Even if it were to be 0.1%. With each box opened, your chances of actually getting it increase, so you know that eventually you'll get it.

For this same reason I stopped getting that Firelands pet from the daily hub zone. It just wouldn't drop.

It's BS that some people get something on their first kill (Some people probably didn't know it dropped either, makes it worse :P) while others grind it again and again.

Then again, it's always been like this. And I've dealt with it, but you can basicly go on and do the dailies, or emmisarys and it'll never drop for you the entire expansion.

Army of the Light Paragon reputation unlocks Supplies From the Army of the Light, which rewards AP and Gleaming Footlocker
    Gleaming Footlocker can contain Avenging Felcrusher, Blessed Felcrusher, Glorious Felcrusher, or Holy Lightsphere

3 mounts and a toy from the Army of the Light one, this is gonna take awhile lol

Currently working on my last box (Azsuna) and have opened 38 boxes - last mount in the game and it just will not drop.

Currently have two Paragon mounts left.
    Sitting at 70 Valarjar caches opened and 57 Nightfallen without either mount. Stillfeelsbad.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

So, for the next patch they increased the RNG a bit more and made it so that 3 different mounts can drop from the same rep box? I heavily disliked the system anyway but at least I could be "done" with a faction once I managed to get its reward (and target my frustration elsewhere). Unless they increase the droprates from the new box.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

I got the Farondis hippogryph from my very first box. Three days later got the Valarjar dragon. Week after got the Highmountain moose. Since then I've gotten three more hippogrphs, two more moose, and two more dragons. Still no Dreamweavers unicorn, Nightfallen rug, or Wardens toy.

For context I only have one character but I have a lot of time so I clear the map of WQs every day.

Deleted
    Got the Dreamweavers mount on my Rogue's 2nd box. I have 12 110's gaining reputation (mostly through class hall missions), and I know I've gotten the box on other chars, but Rarity tends to screw up so it's near impossible to keep track of the overall total.

siras cloak does not fucking exist
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Deleted
    I been running Emissaries with many characters, focussing on factions where I did not get the reward yet, and still miss the mount from High Mountain while getting some double or triple other mounts. Currently, 8 of my characters qualify for paragon caches in High Mountain, and I started the grind with about 6. I guess I had somewhere about 30 or more of these caches since the paragon caches were introduced. RNG is crap, and I really would like to hurt the people who put it into reputation grinds. As if a possiblity of getting a legendary from an emissary cache is not reason enough to run these.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I been running Emissaries with many characters, focussing on factions where I did not get the reward yet, and still miss the mount from High Mountain while getting some double or triple other mounts. Currently, 8 of my characters qualify for paragon caches in High Mountain, and I started the grind with about 6. I guess I had somewhere about 30 or more of these caches since the paragon caches were introduced. RNG is crap, and I really would like to hurt the people who put it into reputation grinds. As if a possiblity of getting a legendary from an emissary cache is not reason enough to run these.
    For me, the hardest mount to get was the Highmountain one. I ended up doing world quests on 4 characters per day to get more chances at the mount. I also used the darkmoon faire rep buff to increase rep gained. It took me over 40 attempts to get this mount. I stopped doing every other zone and just focused on this zone because I would of been burnt out otherwise. I did eventually get it...2 days before 7.3 came out.

I've opened somewhere between 20-30 boxes now and I've gotten zero mounts or toys.
    I understand Blizzard wants to keep us playing the game longer so they can make more money but would it really kill them if they added the mounts to the Quartermaster instead of adding another layer of RNG?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I opened around 20 each of Wardens and Nightfallen chests, still no toy and mount. Got all other mounts though. Closing on 10k WQs completed achievement.

Deleted
    The time when you thought, that farming garrison mounts in WoD was so bad, especially when you received copies again and again and you realize, that this is so much worse :-D I really donť understand, why is Blizzard punishing mount collectors so much sometimes.

Got my first AoL paragon cache a few days back, rubbish inside.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcilord View Post
    The time when you thought, that farming garrison mounts in WoD was so bad, especially when you received copies again and again and you realize, that this is so much worse :-D I really donť understand, why is Blizzard punishing mount collectors so much sometimes.
    This this this so much this.

Deleted
    wow, you're meant to be getting mounts or toys in these? i've opened about a hundred ever since this was implemented and all i get is 600-700 gold or maybe some order resources

in other words, this is some complete bullshit