Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #281
    A better way to handle paragons imo would've been like this:

    Give all WoW fans one of the most requested convenience change - makes reputations account-wide. Now add paragon rep in there. Now Increase the number of items each box can drop. There were about 6-7 different colours of the default unicorn model which do not drop from anywhere. Voila, Let the Dreamweavers paragon drop all 6-7 unicorns. Make it so that you cannot get one you already have. You reach exalted on your main. Every alt you level from then on contributes to your account's paragon reputation and for every say 10k rep you get a box with a tiny chance to get one of the mounts. Eventually you can get them all just by playing your alts. Without having to grind WQs on your main just because he has the most rep with them or is best geared. This would make the game much more alt-friendly and in fact increase the amount of time you spend playing it. because while WQs vary, you still end up doing the same ones if you focus on one zone/faction. But if you change your alt, even if you do the same quest, you are experiences a completely different gameplay, story, visual effects, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    You say humble, I say beaten. These guys used to make games and then show us. If we liked it or not, they were still in control. Now we've got them beaten at every corner - Twitter, MMO-C, the wow forums, the infinite mmo news sites, etc. Blizzard has nowhere left to turn, they have been properly subdued by the ravenous consumers that we've become.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Oh the titans, the Forums are leaking again.

  2. #282
    The Insane Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    World of Warcraft + The North
    Posts
    16,542
    Been doing emissaries, missions and AP WQ's since they implemented the Paragon mounts.

    I have exactly 0 mounts to show for all that time spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    But in this example, the "multiple tours from past wars" were actually them taking a really, really long drive to a shooting range and shooting at big, stationary targets point blank. And now they feel an inflated sense of self because most people didn't want to deal with the drive and they stuck it out.
    ^ In regards to someone comparing current high-end raiders to less seasoned soldiers, calling Classic raiders War veterans.

  3. #283
    Opened boxes:
    1x Warden's Supply Kit - got the toy Sira's Extra Cloak
    2x Farondis Chest - got the mount Cloudwing Hippogryph
    2x Legionfall Chest - got the pet Orphaned Felbat
    7x Valarjar Strongbox - got the mount Valarjar Stormwing
    44x Nightfallen Cache - got the mount Leywoven Flying Carpet
    28x Highmountain Supplies - still no mount
    33x Dreamweaver Cache - still no mount

  4. #284
    I have opened 30 caches on 3 characters and here is what I have gotten:

    3 mounts (first caches i opened on 2 characters). 3rd mount was a double. so im 2/3 mounts.
    3 toys
    1 legendary

    It seems after you get your first mount, the drop rate becomes extremely rare. You may have a higher chance to get a mount on your first paragon and if this is true, than its better to earn rep on new alts for a higher chance of getting the mount as I have done paragon 27 times since and got no mounts at all. Not even a double.

  5. #285
    0 for another 2 last night, still chasing Dreamweavers (best one by far IMO), Farondis, Highmountain and Nightfallen. But probably only 10-15 opens on each of those, so not close to worrying yet.

    Unrelated, but did pull a Legendary (Mail heal legs) from a groudspawn chest outside of Black Rook arena the other day. Anyone ever seen that?

  6. #286
    Not even doing the caches for the mounts(just daily cache) and I've got a few of them... though I didn't really want them.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    A better way to handle paragons imo would've been like this:

    Give all WoW fans one of the most requested convenience change - makes reputations account-wide. Now add paragon rep in there. Now Increase the number of items each box can drop. There were about 6-7 different colours of the default unicorn model which do not drop from anywhere. Voila, Let the Dreamweavers paragon drop all 6-7 unicorns. Make it so that you cannot get one you already have. You reach exalted on your main. Every alt you level from then on contributes to your account's paragon reputation and for every say 10k rep you get a box with a tiny chance to get one of the mounts. Eventually you can get them all just by playing your alts. Without having to grind WQs on your main just because he has the most rep with them or is best geared. This would make the game much more alt-friendly and in fact increase the amount of time you spend playing it. because while WQs vary, you still end up doing the same ones if you focus on one zone/faction. But if you change your alt, even if you do the same quest, you are experiences a completely different gameplay, story, visual effects, etc.
    Please make this suggestion in game or on the forums. Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    A better way to handle paragons imo would've been like this:

    Give all WoW fans one of the most requested convenience change - makes reputations account-wide. Now add paragon rep in there. Now Increase the number of items each box can drop. There were about 6-7 different colours of the default unicorn model which do not drop from anywhere. Voila, Let the Dreamweavers paragon drop all 6-7 unicorns. Make it so that you cannot get one you already have. You reach exalted on your main. Every alt you level from then on contributes to your account's paragon reputation and for every say 10k rep you get a box with a tiny chance to get one of the mounts. Eventually you can get them all just by playing your alts. Without having to grind WQs on your main just because he has the most rep with them or is best geared. This would make the game much more alt-friendly and in fact increase the amount of time you spend playing it. because while WQs vary, you still end up doing the same ones if you focus on one zone/faction. But if you change your alt, even if you do the same quest, you are experiences a completely different gameplay, story, visual effects, etc.
    This is an awesome idea and this had to be done ages ago, but -no matter what others say- Blizz devs are not playing with the game (doing mythic and only mythic raiding is not playing with the game...and even with that I have doubts...especially because the countless errors and mistakes with raidbosses)

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    A better way to handle paragons imo would've been like this:

    Give all WoW fans one of the most requested convenience change - makes reputations account-wide. Now add paragon rep in there. Now Increase the number of items each box can drop. There were about 6-7 different colours of the default unicorn model which do not drop from anywhere. Voila, Let the Dreamweavers paragon drop all 6-7 unicorns. Make it so that you cannot get one you already have. You reach exalted on your main. Every alt you level from then on contributes to your account's paragon reputation and for every say 10k rep you get a box with a tiny chance to get one of the mounts. Eventually you can get them all just by playing your alts. Without having to grind WQs on your main just because he has the most rep with them or is best geared. This would make the game much more alt-friendly and in fact increase the amount of time you spend playing it. because while WQs vary, you still end up doing the same ones if you focus on one zone/faction. But if you change your alt, even if you do the same quest, you are experiences a completely different gameplay, story, visual effects, etc.
    Some unicorn mounts come from PvP (Prestige ranks), so these are already used.

    I would just want them to put mounts, pets etc. back to the reputation vendor, as we had before. Paragon chests should reward other things, which are not collectibles (gold, resources, AP, consumables, probably BoA shoulder enchants, random gear). And if they feel the need to put collectibles into such chests, then we should have a progressive increase of the droprate, like +10% per chest (so 10% for the 1st one, 20% for the 2nd and so on, and 100% for your 10th chest). If there would be more than one paragon mount, reset the drop rate after the first. Also remove duplicating mounts. This is beyond stupid.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Some unicorn mounts come from PvP (Prestige ranks), so these are already used.

    I would just want them to put mounts, pets etc. back to the reputation vendor, as we had before. Paragon chests should reward other things, which are not collectibles (gold, resources, AP, consumables, probably BoA shoulder enchants, random gear). And if they feel the need to put collectibles into such chests, then we should have a progressive increase of the droprate, like +10% per chest (so 10% for the 1st one, 20% for the 2nd and so on, and 100% for your 10th chest). If there would be more than one paragon mount, reset the drop rate after the first. Also remove duplicating mounts. This is beyond stupid.
    The PvP prestige unicorns are a different model that has armor on it and have 6 recolours.
    The default unicorn model without armour only has 2 recolours available to players and everything else is unobtainable as far as I know. And even if they are more, there are still some unused colour variations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    You say humble, I say beaten. These guys used to make games and then show us. If we liked it or not, they were still in control. Now we've got them beaten at every corner - Twitter, MMO-C, the wow forums, the infinite mmo news sites, etc. Blizzard has nowhere left to turn, they have been properly subdued by the ravenous consumers that we've become.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Oh the titans, the Forums are leaking again.

  11. #291
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    92
    13 Army of the Light boxes opened so far, recieved 2x Toy 1x Mount. Friend has opened ~11 or so, gotten 2 mounts.

    Can probably expect to open at least 20 of these before getting all the rewards

  12. #292
    I like your optimism, but I am at 18 and have 1 mount and 2 toys - and you can get duplicates too, which could really screw us up.
    Last edited by Shaker; 2017-10-23 at 12:20 PM.

  13. #293
    Bloodsail Admiral Nexsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowsion View Post
    13 Army of the Light boxes opened so far, recieved 2x Toy 1x Mount. Friend has opened ~11 or so, gotten 2 mounts.

    Can probably expect to open at least 20 of these before getting all the rewards
    I copied my toon to the PRT and opened over 100 and only got 2/3 of the mounts.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    I copied my toon to the PRT and opened over 100 and only got 2/3 of the mounts.
    I got quite a few paragon boxes stored up. (+ rep tokens, which I will use on Wed if 7.3.2). I hope I get some of the new alt legendarys in the process + I hoped they upped the mount drop rates slightly, but its more dreams than reality.
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eedleyo/simple
    Alt1: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Faymi/simple
    Alt2: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eedlezz/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  15. #295
    Been doing WQs every day since they were introduced... always using rep buffs when available, and I've only gotten the Wild Dreamrunner mount so far... not using an addon so haven't tracked how many I've opened... a LOT though.

    Got to love Blizzard's fetish with ludicrous drop rates...

  16. #296
    Ive now got into a routine, of doing emissaries on all chars on the days the ones I need pop up as an emissary
    Now down to needing 4
    Night fallen, High Mountain, army of the light and argussian reach
    Determined to get all before next expansion lol
    ***************
    Remixer By Night.
    ***************
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3R...jYjMXnIHz4NJdw

  17. #297
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Emerald Dream
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Ive now got into a routine, of doing emissaries on all chars on the days the ones I need pop up as an emissary
    Now down to needing 4
    Night fallen, High Mountain, army of the light and argussian reach
    Determined to get all before next expansion lol
    Why Argussian Reach though? Does something good come from there now?

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    Why Argussian Reach though? Does something good come from there now?
    A few datamined but not confirmed, so doing it anyway
    ***************
    Remixer By Night.
    ***************
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3R...jYjMXnIHz4NJdw

  19. #299
    Nothing drops from the Argussian paragon box except follower garbage. I wouldn't be surprised if they patch something in with the Antorus patch though, it seems strange to be the only one with nothing. I really hope its not a mount though.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Ive now got into a routine, of doing emissaries on all chars on the days the ones I need pop up as an emissary
    Now down to needing 4
    Night fallen, High Mountain, army of the light and argussian reach
    Determined to get all before next expansion lol
    I am down to High Mountain, Kirin Tor (which I use to get extra HM tokens), Army of the Light and Argussian Reach. Opened about 6 paragon chests lately for High Mountain, still no mount. Have the faction on about 8 characters at exalted now, if not even a couple more. Hate this. :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •