Deleted

Looking for help/advice

Hi all,

Played quite a few games yesterday and I kept a document with every game I played and the outcome.
    I am looking for advice to see what I can do to get out of my elo and actually climb.
    As far as I can tell I keep losing games due to my own team (insta picking torbs that refuse to switch or communicate when it doesn't work out, afk's or just toxic people that really enjoy losing).
    Out of the 19 games I played yesterday we got steam rolled by a much better team once (3 diamonds on that team... my team was gold's & 2 plats).
    Every other game was easily winnable if my team just actually tried.

Game1 - Played Reinhardt - Silver Medal in Elims, gold obj time & obj kills.
    Lost because 1 player was a torb main and he never got to put down his turret.
    Could not keep playing around torb as the enemy pharah kept killing him.
    Could not switch as I was playing Rein.
    Game2 - Played Lucio - My team's dps was a Mei & Junkrat on KoTh. Usually not an issue.
    The dps did not follow up on kills. Ended game with Silver Elim (Winston was gold).
    Don't see how we could have won this with those 2 people on DPS.
    When asked why do you play Junk the answer was "I can't play hitscan heroes" and usually play healers but wanted to try something else (in comp....)
    Game3 - Played Roadhog - Gold obj kills, Silver obj time, Gold dmg & elims. Easy win. 3-0 KoTh.
    Game4 - Played Roadhog - Gold Obj Kills, Silver everything else. Easy win 3-0 KoTh.
    Game5 - Played Ana - Win on Volkaskieieie Industries. Made winning play sleep darting McCree ulting behind us and putting grenade on other 5 people of enemy team in last team fight.
    Game6 - Played Ana - Lost, Enemy team had a dive comp and kept killing the 2 healers. We had a Genji & tracer flanking. No proper dps to follow up on ults from Rein. Lost most team fights because the Genji or Tracer were now where to be found.
    Game7 - Played Mercy - Lost. Team got steam rolled first round. Second round people starting picking torb & Hanzo on attack. Lost due to players.
    Game8 - Played Ana - Win, good game (3-2 KoTh).
    Game9 - Played Ana - lost. DPS was so bad that our tanks switched. No tanks in the end with no one willing to switch.
    Game10 - Played Lucio - Win, 15k healing (gold) and Silver on Elims. Made plays that won on us 3 team fights in a row.
    Game11 - played Roadhog - Win, Gold Obj kills, Elims & Dmg. 65% hook acc. Good game.
    Game 12 - played lucio - Lost. 2 people afk in our spawn when they don't get o play their favorite hero.
    Game 13 - Played Rein - Lost. 1 person doesn't care. Plays only tracer gets picked off. When asked why he says "want to practice" .. in comp.
    Game 14 - Played Rein - lost. Torb main. 5v6 all game still got 2-3 On KoTh map.
    Game 15 - Played Rein - Lost. 2 Genji mains, 1 guy went afk as he could not play his genji. Person that played him was spraying walls and being toxic. 4v6.
    Game 16 - Played Lucio - Won. Play of the game, booping off 4 people. Played well.
    Game 17 - Played Rein - Won. Other team had torb main & a leaver.
    Game 18 - Played soldier - lost. 2 afk's on our team.
    Game 19 - Played McCree - lost. 1 afk & one player kept screaming over voice coms.

I just don't see how I can climb out of this elo when I am running into this stuff almost every game.
    I am losing due to people on my team "wanting to lose" or just trolling the fuck out of everyone. Insta locking torb/widow/hanzo and just trowing the game refusing to switch when they have no impact on the game.
    People are also not communicating, no one ever talks back when I use voice coms. I had 1 game out of the 19 where 4 out of the 6 people were actually talking and discussing the team & playing with each other. Combining ults etc. We absolutely smashed that game.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I am losing even though I am "filling". I play the roles needed and I play them well. I usually have top obj kills on any role I play as I play on objective, I use the terrain to kill people quickly and do the job I am supposed to.
    But here I am losing 150 points in 1 day and I really feel like I have no control over it anymore.

Deleted
    One option might be to get a premade team, if not an entire one, just try finding a couple of guys that want to climb also. Having someone to rely on is really helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I just don't see how I can climb out of this elo when I am running into this stuff almost every game.
    Same people end up in your opposing team actually more often than in your team in the long run. So yea, you will climb out of that elo if you just keep playing. That is assuming you are actually playing as well as you seem to think you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Same people end up in your opposing team actually more often than in your team in the long run. So yea, you will climb out of that elo if you just keep playing. That is assuming you are actually playing as well as you seem to think you are.
    How would I know if I play as well as I think I am?
    I play to win, I play on objectives. I get kills & picks & I communicate using voice coms.
    I don't know what else I can do to "play better".
    I can't carry in a team based game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not doing this stuff yourself, right? Then that means that, every match, you've got 5 chances to pull a "bad" player from the pool. And your opponents have 6 chances. They're more likely to get a "bad" player than your team, marginally.

Plus, if you're performing above your current rank status, you'll tend to win more for wins and lose less for losses.

But you also need to accept that random variation is not even variation. There will be streaks. Good ones, and bad ones. An unlucky streak is just that; unlucky. No system can prevent it, not without deliberately creating unbalanced matches that one side is supposed to easily win, which isn't fun for the other team. The difference is that you feel you "earn" the "good streaks", while simultaneously feeling the "bad streaks" are "unfair", even though it's largely the same stuff causing both.

Deleted
    How would I know if I play as well as I think I am?
    I play to win, I play on objectives. I get kills & picks & I communicate using voice coms.
    I don't know what else I can do to "play better".
    I can't carry in a team based game.
    You'd know you play well by seeing your rank grow higher over time.

What can you do to "play better"? Do more of those things. Get more kills. Get more picks. Communicate more (Tell when to go in, call out enemy locations etc., cheer your team mates). I can't stress the "positive" communication enough. There's plenty of idiots playing Overwatch who focus big part of their comms to whine and blame others and their picks for losses. You should be the opposite. Try to keep it positive 100% of the time, even when you clearly can see someone is not pulling their weight, because the moment you start blaming / arguing, the game is lost.

You can carry in a team base game if you are clearly below your level. Try putting Seagull with a Genji in a silver game and tell me he can't carry that. Yes, it's an exaggeration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    You'd know you play well by seeing your rank grow higher over time.

What can you do to "play better"? Do more of those things. Get more kills. Get more picks. Communicate more (Tell when to go in, call out enemy locations etc., cheer your team mates). I can't stress the "positive" communication enough. There's plenty of idiots playing Overwatch who focus big part of their comms to whine and blame others and their picks for losses. You should be the opposite. Try to keep it positive 100% of the time, even when you clearly can see someone is not pulling their weight, because the moment you start blaming / arguing, the game is lost.

You can carry in a team base game if you are clearly below your level. Try putting Seagull with a Genji in a silver game and tell me he can't carry that. Yes, it's an exaggeration.
    Point is that I don't know if I should be higher then I am now, all I am saying is that I am doing what the game wants me to do.
    I try to communicate but most people in this game hardly ever say a word and we lose because of it.
    I had games were the enemy team was clearly worse then us at everything except for combining ults, which won them the game.
    I can't force people to communicate and work as a team :P.

Deleted
    I'm only in plat and hovering around mid now been up in 2911 so i suck, but here are my opinions anyways.

Don't queue when tilted, stop caring about what other players do after the game is finished. Think about what you could have done better during the game, you can totally switch off Reinhardt if no one is giving a shit about your shield. Aka the famous soldier who sprints in front of it and get himself shot.

Communicate all game long, even if no one else is communicating they might listen, give it all you have and don't die. If you perform better and better the system will probably try to get you up in the world.

You will lose games, have people on the team who surprises you that they even know how to start a computer without burning their houses down.

Random variation is usually fine, except the placement matches, last season i came out 8-2 from placement matches and was put on 2700 range, and it was a bliss at there, rarely any troll, lots of communication, all around great season.

This season i came out 2-1-7, and three of those losses were leavers, which put me almost at 2400, and it is hell, player quality is so low compared to last season that i kinda stopped playing comp, i could probably get past this hell if i went try hard but i get dejected everytime i think about what kind of people i am going to run into.