Thread: Rip m+

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is one way for people to know for sure about these changes is to go on the 7.2.5 ptr and see what the changes actually are..
    Once done that then come back and complain if there is a nerf to how much loot is gained, because until then it is all hearsay to what it all really means..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    You get a smaller token for every lvl above 10. up to +14, AP is based on the length of the dungeon. at +15 you get one big token and from +16-19 you again get extra Tokens. at +20 you once again get one very big token and so on.

last week we did +21, was ~30 Million AP in the weekly chest, ~35 if you have waited til friday for the next AK lvl.
    I don't care about "small token" and "big token" measures. What is exact amount of AP do you get from doing +15 instead of +10? +20 instead of +15?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    With the new changes, Blizz has made the M+ system more difficult for lower and higher geared players, while cutting the rewards in half at the same time.

Was fun while it lasted. Now I'll do my 4 emissaries and then have nothing to do until weekend raid.

RIP the M+ system
    RIP casuals who are buying boosts.

This change is how it should been working from the start. It doesnt make sense otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    There was no point in doing higher than +10.
    The 37 Million AP I got from my weekly chest for completing a 17 says otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care about "small token" and "big token" measures. What is exact amount of AP do you get from doing +15 instead of +10? +20 instead of +15?
    Changes per level. 2 weeks ago I did a 15 and got 14.5 million while the guy that did a 16 in another group got 16 million. Obviously the gap increases based on AK level and number of plus completed.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The 37 Million AP I got from my weekly chest for completing a 17 says otherwise.
    How do you get from doing +10?

based on AK level
    I'm pretty sure multiplication and division aren't exactly hard for even really dumb person. If you divide amount of AP you got on your AK multiplier you will get measurable thing that you can compare.
    Last edited by mmoc879de04abd; 2017-05-03 at 07:18 AM.

How do you get from doing +10?.
    Iirc it's about a quarter of what you get from doing a 15.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

Deleted
    Iirc it's about a quarter of what you get from doing a 15.
    What AK did you have when you got your 37 millions of AP?

Deleted
    How do you get from doing +10?

I'm pretty sure multiplication and division aren't exactly hard for even really dumb person. If you divide amount of AP you got on your AK multiplier you will get measurable thing that you can compare.
    Im pretty sure even really dumb persons understand that the AP from a dungone is now based on the length of the dungeon. You get more AP for Hov + 10 than for Maw +10, WAY more, hurrdurr T_T

Same is true for the extra tokes above 10.

Since im in the Office i cant check exact numbers. But maybe check yourself since you are the one claiming ist completley useless to do anything above 10, hm?

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    So your idea is for a mythic+ to reward everyone with 1 piece of gear for a total of 5.

You do realize that doing a boss with 20 people rewards 4-5 items, right?

You want to give the same number of items to only 5 people that just manage to finish a dungeon?

This is why your idea sounds completely ludicrous and would never ever happen.
    That's a bold statement considering they currently drop 6

What AK did you have when you got your 37 millions of AP?
    I picked up the current one this morning and wasn't paying attention to the exact AK number. I think it's 34. Either way the bonus AP is 640,000 percent. Hope that helps.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure even really dumb persons understand that the AP from a dungone is now based on the length of the dungeon. You get more AP for Hov + 10 than for Maw +10
    So?

Actually, you get 2x465=930 base AP for doing two maws. And you get 1000 base AP for doing one HoV. Would you rather do one HoV or two maws? Correct answer: you would do one Arcway.

But maybe check yourself
    That's what we are doing right now, can't you see?

I picked up the current one this morning and wasn't paying attention to the exact AK number. I think it's 34. Either way the bonus AP is 640,000 percent. Hope that helps.
    37000000/6400=5781.25 base AP that you got from doing +17. Now let's find here someone who did +10 run.
    Fun fact: this amount of AP you could get from doing 6 +7 maws prior patch 7.2. Or from doing 6 +10 Arcway runs right now.
    Last edited by mmoc879de04abd; 2017-05-03 at 08:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    So your idea is for a mythic+ to reward everyone with 1 piece of gear for a total of 5.

You do realize that doing a boss with 20 people rewards 4-5 items, right?

You want to give the same number of items to only 5 people that just manage to finish a dungeon?

This is why your idea sounds completely ludicrous and would never ever happen.
    You do know that M+ do take a fair amount of time yes? Rewarding a group with 5 pieces of loot for killing 5 bosses dont seem so ludacris to me. Having to runn a dungeon for 30 mins, then having 60% chanse of a reward seems much harsher.

All I see in these changes is Mythic+ being limited to provide the rewards it is designed to reward in the first place. Mythic+ is not, and was never, intended to be a method of farming Artifact Power. It's a form of content intended to provide you with gear upgrades, that's it. As such you should only ever be running Mythic+ dungeons keystones at levels high enough to provide you with gear upgrades.

Now, part of that process does include leveling up your keystone to those higher levels. But that's why your weekly chest gives you a keystone that is already partially leveled for you, to cut down on the amount of time you need to spend upgrading it. And the new system keeps in place the existing keystone upgrade system of upgrading the keys by +2 or +3 levels if you complete the keystone with a significant amount of time remaining.

Once you are geared up and Mythic+ is no longer a reliable source of gear upgrades, it's intended for you to stop doing the content. Unless you feel the chance at a Titanforge upgrade or the increased legendary chance in your weekly chest is worth the time. But the AP reward from the content is strictly a reward from the time you put in, not the goal of the content itself or an incentive to do the content. If you don't need/want the gear, and/or you don't feel the gear is rewarding enough, don't do it.

There is also the challenge aspect of Mythic+. It's why the item level of the gear stops increasing, even though you the level of the keystone can go higher than the point the item level stops increasing. Because some people like do run the highest difficulties in the shortest amount of times strictly for the challenge of it and the bragging rights on the leader boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    All I see in these changes is Mythic+ being limited to provide the rewards it is designed to reward in the first place. Mythic+ is not, and was never, intended to be a method of farming Artifact Power. It's a form of content intended to provide you with gear upgrades, that's it. As such you should only ever be running Mythic+ dungeons keystones at levels high enough to provide you with gear upgrades.

Now, part of that process does include leveling up your keystone to those higher levels. But that's why your weekly chest gives you a keystone that is already partially leveled for you, to cut down on the amount of time you need to spend upgrading it. And the new system keeps in place the existing keystone upgrade system of upgrading the keys by +2 or +3 levels if you complete the keystone with a significant amount of time remaining.

Once you are geared up and Mythic+ is no longer a reliable source of gear upgrades, it's intended for you to stop doing the content. Unless you feel the chance at a Titanforge upgrade or the increased legendary chance in your weekly chest is worth the time. But the AP reward from the content is strictly a reward from the time you put in, not the goal of the content itself or an incentive to do the content. If you don't need/want the gear, and/or you don't feel the gear is rewarding enough, don't do it.

There is also the challenge aspect of Mythic+. It's why the item level of the gear stops increasing, even though you the level of the keystone can go higher than the point the item level stops increasing. Because some people like do run the highest difficulties in the shortest amount of times strictly for the challenge of it and the bragging rights on the leader boards.
    We'd still farm AP and it is going to be the primary reason to do it relatively quickly unless they just nuke AP rewards which would lead to remotely geared players more or less permanently abandoning M+. Also it would be quite easy to derank keys. Joe, Brian, and Bob you three go to your instances and start it and walk out while we summon you guys to the actual dungeon we're going to do so that afterwards we can do something easier than what you have. Repeat until its acceptable to your group with no real downside or time loss.

I don't mind the changes though I'd rather they address the fact that certain dungeons or dungeon/affix combos can make certain ones unbelievably difficult or easy compared to other keys at the same level. They really don't have a uniform difficulty but rather some really low tier dungeons and a couple of difficult dungeons.

lmao guess I'm never getting a blast radius relic.

So?

Actually, you get 2x465=930 base AP for doing two maws. And you get 1000 base AP for doing one HoV. Would you rather do one HoV or two maws? Correct answer: you would do one Arcway.

That's what we are doing right now, can't you see?

37000000/6400=5781.25 base AP that you got from doing +17. Now let's find here someone who did +10 run.
    Fun fact: this amount of AP you could get from doing 6 +10 maws prior patch 7.2. Or from doing 6 +10 Arcway runs right now.
    I know my Alt did a 10, but I didn't open the chest this morning. I'll check it when I get home in a couple of hours, and should I remember to do so, I will update you on what that Alt got and what Ak it was.

Just wondering: Is the correct way of doing m+ in 7.2.5 now rushing through an appropriate low level instance, then instantly depleting the stone three times and run the same low level you can roflstomp again (apart from the one max-level dungeon you do for your weekly chest)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Just wondering: Is the correct way of doing m+ in 7.2.5 now rushing through an appropriate low level instance, then instantly depleting the stone three times and run the same low level you can roflstomp again (apart from the one max-level dungeon you do for your weekly chest)?
    If thats your way of enjoying the game.. sure, have fun!

This change would've been fine IF M+ loot didn't have a cap - Then we'd actually have initiative to push keys higher.
    I clear atleast a few dungeons on a minimum of +20 Each week, this week giving me 45 Million AP.

15+ Year Old Account
    I subbed Legion primarily for m+ and I liked the system. The proposed changes will make the system even better imho.