Deleted

Gw2's 2nd expansion

So, earlier this week there were some leaks of certain content for the upcoming expansion. But in a bit more 'clean' news: http://massivelyop.com/2017/05/02/gu...ely-this-fall/

Basically, we know that there's only one more episode left in the current LS season. According to this article, the expansion should drop soon after, probably still in 2017. It seems they've taken back their pacing of regular content releases (although it is somewhat slower than they used to be) with new content every 2-3 months. Although there will probably be a bit more time between LS season 2 episode 6 and Expansion 2 than there would be between regular episode releases since it's a bit of a bigger deal. The article states that season 4 is already planned as well, which could possibly begin after the initial 2-3 months once the expansion is released instead of the nearly a year worth of content drought that followed after HoT.

It's good to hear they haven't 'given up' despite things not really going as smoothly as they'd have hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    So, earlier this week there were some leaks of certain content for the upcoming expansion. But in a bit more 'clean' news: http://massivelyop.com/2017/05/02/gu...ely-this-fall/

Basically, we know that there's only one more episode left in the current LS season. According to this article, the expansion should drop soon after, probably still in 2017. It seems they've taken back their pacing of regular content releases (although it is somewhat slower than they used to be) with new content every 2-3 months. Although there will probably be a bit more time between LS season 2 episode 6 and Expansion 2 than there would be between regular episode releases since it's a bit of a bigger deal. The article states that season 4 is already planned as well, which could possibly begin after the initial 2-3 months once the expansion is released instead of the nearly a year worth of content drought that followed after HoT.

It's good to hear they haven't 'given up' despite things not really going as smoothly as they'd have hoped.
    Tbh, since MO took the lead, most of the stuff they released since then were good and i have high hope for the second expansion. I also like the philosophy of revealing stuff that is already made. More doing less talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The community seems to be loving what leaked so I guess that's a good thing. As for me, if we're going into the desert, that's all I wanted tbh. I was afraid they would focus on Charr / Asura which have that steampunk stuff going on and I'm not such a fan of that.

I'm largely avoiding the leaks, but the few bits I've seen haven't been terribly exciting to me. Really hoping it's an elaborate hoax, or that the stuff I haven't seen is shit hot and more than makes up for my general disinterest in the few things I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm largely avoiding the leaks, but the few bits I've seen haven't been terribly exciting to me. Really hoping it's an elaborate hoax, or that the stuff I haven't seen is shit hot and more than makes up for my general disinterest in the few things I've seen so far.
    did you play GW1?

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    did you play GW1?
    A little bit, but not extensively. I was speaking less of the leaks regarding the setting and more about a few of the features.

According to MO in the recent AMA, the expansion release will follow the living story schedule, if slightly slower.
    Episode 5 just released, in 2-3 months episode 6 will release, and 3 or so months (I'd give it 3 to 6) after that the 2nd xpac should release. Episode 1 of the next season releasing 2-3 months thereafter, and so on.

Content in the patches has been somewhat light. But if this enables them to completely avoid content-droughts, I'd definitely say that's a worthwhile release schedule to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    According to MO in the recent AMA, the expansion release will follow the living story schedule, if slightly slower.
    Episode 5 just released, in 2-3 months episode 6 will release, and 3 or so months (I'd give it 3 to 6) after that the 2nd xpac should release. Episode 1 of the next season releasing 2-3 months thereafter, and so on.
    Yeah, so around August for Episode 6 (maybe a bit earlier?), with the expansion launching in December? May be able to squeeze it into November but that'd be cutting it super close.

Content in the patches has been somewhat light. But if this enables them to completely avoid content-droughts, I'd definitely say that's a worthwhile release schedule to follow.
    Really? I'm playing through E4 right now and it seems like the zone is mostly on-par in terms of size to the other S3 zones. Haven't finished the story yet so not sure how that compares, but the zone is at least pretty solid. Definitely don't have problems if E6 is smaller as long as it means we don't deal with a nearly yearlong content drought.

Then again, I doubt GW2 could remain healthy/positively survive another yearlong content drought like they did with the base game, the momentum simply isn't there to weather that storm again. This is likely a very intentional strategy on their part specifically to avoid that, which bodes for the game/dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, so around August for Episode 6 (maybe a bit earlier?), with the expansion launching in December? May be able to squeeze it into November but that'd be cutting it super close.

Really? I'm playing through E4 right now and it seems like the zone is mostly on-par in terms of size to the other S3 zones. Haven't finished the story yet so not sure how that compares, but the zone is at least pretty solid. Definitely don't have problems if E6 is smaller as long as it means we don't deal with a nearly yearlong content drought.

Then again, I doubt GW2 could remain healthy/positively survive another yearlong content drought like they did with the base game, the momentum simply isn't there to weather that storm again. This is likely a very intentional strategy on their part specifically to avoid that, which bodes for the game/dev team.
    Some of the new zones are somewhat light on events. Bitterfrost in particular I found. Solid over all though.
    Definitely agree about the momentum. Every drought that happens will just be another big step towards the game's end. They just can't recover from that kind of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the new zones are somewhat light on events. Bitterfrost in particular I found. Solid over all though.
    Definitely agree about the momentum. Every drought that happens will just be another big step towards the game's end. They just can't recover from that kind of thing.
    I don't care for Bitterfrost that much (except that its currency is easy to farm). It doesn't have many events but its events are interesting because the environment plays a role in them a lot of them. Its kind of like the first section of Dry Top.

Lake Doric is may favorite of the 5. Its evenly spaced, it definitely feels like an enemy is attacking the gates of DR. Fighting for the towns can be fun, especially the one where the White Mantle tries to execute to townspeople if they capture it. Its jumping puzzle reminded of vanilla GW2.

The only thing I like about the new map is its mastery and the meta. I feel like it needs 1 more waypoint for me to bother running around and exploring it even though I have 100% map completion on it.

What GW2 has in its pocket is little competition. The big MMORPGs right now are what? WoW, FFXIV, and GW2. WoW and FFXIV compete with each other and GW2 plays the role of the alternative style MMORPG like GW1 one back in its day. That and its very cheap to play. A huge base game thats free or pay $30 for the entire package? Thats a steal, even for MMORPGs that market themselves as F2P, not sure if GW2 markets itself as a F2P game.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-05-05 at 07:57 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I don't care for Bitterfrost that much (except that its currency is easy to farm). It doesn't have many events but its events are interesting because the environment plays a role in them a lot of them. Its kind of like the first section of Dry Top.

Lake Doric is may favorite of the 5. Its evenly spaced, it definitely feels like an enemy is attacking the gates of DR. Fighting for the towns can be fun, especially the one where the White Mantle tries to execute to townspeople if they capture it. Its jumping puzzle reminded of vanilla GW2.

The only thing I like about the new map is its mastery and the meta. I feel like it needs 1 more waypoint for me to bother running around and exploring it even though I have 100% map completion on it.

What GW2 has in its pocket is little competition. The big MMORPGs right now are what? WoW, FFXIV, and GW2. WoW and FFXIV compete with each other and GW2 plays the role of the alternative style MMORPG like GW1 one back in its day. That and its very cheap to play. A huge base game thats free or pay $30 for the entire package? Thats a steal, even for MMORPGs that market themselves as F2P, not sure if GW2 markets itself as a F2P game.
    Ye perhaps the amount of content in GW2 is smaller than in WoW or FFXIV but the ratio money u spend on game : content is light years better than in those 2

Ugh. I'm not too sure about adding mounts. The main reason there are waypoints everywhere is because there are no mounts and it's a quick, painless, easy way to get to where you need to be. It also looks like (if the leaks are true) the mounts have their own combat skillsets, which also rubs me the wrong way. It'd be pretty neato for raids, I'm sure, but I'm not sold on it and it DEFINITELY bothers me if ALL the masteries are related to mounts. I'm curious what this will mean for HoT masteries. Will they be rolled into Tyria masteries and the expansion rolled into the base game? Gliding is kind of a necessity and I think it's ridiculous that autoloot is a mastery and not a base setting.

Anyways, here's to hoping my two favorite things happen: The game gets put on Steam (fucking Guild Wars 1 and Wildstar are on Steam, but not GW2? WHY?) and they realize how awesome I think action camera is and improve it to the point where it becomes the preferred playstyle.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they'll depart from the current systems. I was a huge fan of vanilla GW2 but has lost all motivation to play in HoT.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..