Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm very concerned about both Fury and Arms in ToS for multiple reasons. I'm trying to keep up on my frost DK just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I'm very concerned about both Fury and Arms in ToS for multiple reasons. I'm trying to keep up on my frost DK just in case.
    Fury will be fine, concerned about Arms, I tried my gear with the new adjustments I got a significant loss on DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Go on PTR and test the new Trinkets they're better than they seem. Fury can't stick with DoS if we use the new tier from ToS. And Infernal Cinders + Spectral of Betrayal actually did better for me than CoF and DoS by 50k DPs. Note: Infernal Cinders wasn't getting buffed by any other people.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasVolken View Post
    Fury will be fine, concerned about Arms, I tried my gear with the new adjustments I got a significant loss on DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Go on PTR and test the new Trinkets they're better than they seem. Fury can't stick with DoS if we use the new tier from ToS. And Infernal Cinders + Spectral of Betrayal actually did better for me than CoF and DoS by 50k DPs. Note: Infernal Cinders wasn't getting buffed by any other people.
    Ugh crit strike tho...

Fury will be fine
    I think it's far too early to make a statement like that. We'll have to see how T20 plays out or the loss of 4xT19 rather. Also, our BiS legendaries are helm and cloak so we'll have to get rid of both of those if we want to run 4xT20 and 2xT19. Where for example Frost DK has BiS belt and bracers...

- - - Updated - - -

How do you try out new items on PTR? Is there like a vendor? Sorry for the newb question, haven't done anything PTR-related before.

The Specter Trinket is not bad at all. I'll assume it's somewhat bugged, but if it's intended for you to have two specters up after your first use for the rest of the uses it would actually be insane. Right now the specter immediately despawns after attacking the first time. But if you can get two specters out and the positioning works for them, it will be kinda absurd and easier to get high ilvls it will easily replace DoS.

CoF is actually easier to replace than you might think on single target, and you even look at something like Gul'dan where the reduced coodlwon doesn't play so well. But at the same time you have a Chronomatic Anomaly or Aluriel where the timings work out fantastically. CoF will most likely be one of those situational trinkets you'll pull out for the occasional fight.

Also if they make Juggernaut not infinite stacking retardation it would also reduce the power of CoF quite a bit.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2017-05-04 at 09:49 PM.

Infernal cinders may be required, since it's a melee buff for the whole raid

Quote Originally Posted by Alaexaender View Post
    Infernal cinders may be required, since it's a melee buff for the whole raid
    The buff only effects the damage from trinket. So only melee classes with the trinket will get benefit from the buff. Most likely other warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    The buff only effects the damage from trinket. So only melee classes with the trinket will get benefit from the buff. Most likely other warriors.
    The buff scales with enh mastery afaik, and it might just be bis for them aswell

Is any of those trinket drop for the last boss with an abyssal drop rate? I killed Guldan 3 time in LFR, 13 in normal, 3 time in heroic, using seal on all of them, still no luck.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I think it's far too early to make a statement like that. We'll have to see how T20 plays out or the loss of 4xT19 rather. Also, our BiS legendaries are helm and cloak so we'll have to get rid of both of those if we want to run 4xT20 and 2xT19. Where for example Frost DK has BiS belt and bracers...
    It is too early, though legendaries honestly aren't a big factor. The difference between our current BiS legendaries and the next six runners up is only ~1%, so swapping out the Helm and Cloak for any of Prydaz/Mannoroth/Rethu/etc. will easily be made up for and then some by keeping 2pT19.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastor View Post
    How do you try out new items on PTR? Is there like a vendor? Sorry for the newb question, haven't done anything PTR-related before.
    yeah there is a vendor near one of the banks in Dalaran

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    The Specter Trinket is not bad at all. I'll assume it's somewhat bugged, but if it's intended for you to have two specters up after your first use for the rest of the uses it would actually be insane. Right now the specter immediately despawns after attacking the first time. But if you can get two specters out and the positioning works for them, it will be kinda absurd and easier to get high ilvls it will easily replace DoS.

CoF is actually easier to replace than you might think on single target, and you even look at something like Gul'dan where the reduced coodlwon doesn't play so well. But at the same time you have a Chronomatic Anomaly or Aluriel where the timings work out fantastically. CoF will most likely be one of those situational trinkets you'll pull out for the occasional fight.

Also if they make Juggernaut not infinite stacking retardation it would also reduce the power of CoF quite a bit.
    The specter doesn't despawn, it just doesn't remain visible. Look at your combat log, and you'll see it hits 4 times normally, or 8 times if double-stacked. However, the positional requirement is abysmal, and what will keep it from being a main trinket (with current tuning).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
    It is too early, though legendaries honestly aren't a big factor. The difference between our current BiS legendaries and the next six runners up is only ~1%, so swapping out the Helm and Cloak for any of Prydaz/Mannoroth/Rethu/etc. will easily be made up for and then some by keeping 2pT19.
    Part of that is due to statistical opportunity cost - using Legendary Helm/Cloak require using Tier Legs/Chest, which reduces the effective power of the legendary in question. This isn't an issue with T20.

The only thing holding up T19 right now is Draught - with it, 4p T19 + 2p T20 w/ offtier legendaries is the best setup. Without it, 4p T20 + helm/cloak is best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Part of that is due to statistical opportunity cost - using Legendary Helm/Cloak require using Tier Legs/Chest, which reduces the effective power of the legendary in question. This isn't an issue with T20.

The only thing holding up T19 right now is Draught - with it, 4p T19 + 2p T20 w/ offtier legendaries is the best setup. Without it, 4p T20 + helm/cloak is best.
    Assuming you don't have a monster Draught how far does the benefit of DoS extend before the ToS trinkets starts to out rank it (currently), is it late Heroic or Mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Ugh crit strike tho...
    Thing is if they don't change the t20 set bonus crit is probably gonna go up in value.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Thing is if they don't change the t20 set bonus crit is probably gonna go up in value.
    No, it's not.

The only thing it will do is make the Execute phase intolerable.