View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on hearthing to ANY Inn you've unlocked?

Voters
169. This poll is closed
  • Love it

30 17.75%
  • Like it

23 13.61%
  • Dislike it

43 25.44%
  • Hate it

73 43.20%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It is already so incredibly easy to get around between portals, flying mounts, and the dungeon finder, that it's just not necessary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It's basically the Suramar portal system. I mean they could just have a central portal hub in every zone like they did with Suramar and have you unlock them in a similar manner.
    My thought was being able to access the relevant content to the level without the long journey. Now, personally, I've done an RP walk from Silvermoon City all the way to Booty Bay with friends... but not everyone enjoys ground travel in that fashion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Could work if it was something like:

HS to your saved inn: still 15m cooldown
    HS to a previously visited inn: 1hr cooldown
    That would also be a good way to work it in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Go play a different game.
    Thanks for the eloquent and constructive feedback. Obviously a pillar in your community

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    what a shitty idea as if this game didnt have enough instant travel are you kidding me? we should remove hearthstones if anything. We already have flying, we have a silly whistle that no one asked for, two hearthstones, portals, legion has like a million flight paths... we sure as hell dont need more instant teleporting to make the world feel even smaller than it is now. You are the part of the playerbase that ruin WoW into a menu/instanced game instead of the open world mmo
    Like I said. Just an idea. I personally hated CRZ, LFR, Dungeon Finder, and account wide achievements. But, over time, I got used to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    I'm fine with it, as long as there is a high cost to this function, something like 1000g per use, to discourage people from using this as their sole method of travel.
    Instead of gold, you could set the hearthstone to a 4 hour CD for non "home" Inn use.

- - - Updated - - -

efficiency kills this game
    Guessing you RP walk everywhere and never use a mount. Do you also not wear heirlooms while leveling and stick to green quest rewards only? I would imagine you also refuse to use any of the LF tools. Good for you man. Stick to those principals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Yes having a stone that you can "set" to any inn in the world and teleport to it every thirty minutes from any location in the WoW universe through magic is defendable, but making it so that magic allows you to teleport to any inn in the universe is just nonsense.

Well, hearthing is like opening a personal portal. Now you just have more destinations for your "portal".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It is already so incredibly easy to get around between portals, flying mounts, and the dungeon finder, that it's just not necessary.
    A fair and honest answer. I appreciate that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally hate fast travel systems, and don't think they will benefit.

I rather have auto unlock of flight paths once you're done with an expansion.

Ding 60 -> unlock all Classic flight paths.
    Ding 70 -> unlock all Burning Crusade flight paths.
    Ding 80 -> unlock all Wrath of the Lich King flight paths.
    Ding 85 -> unlock all Cataclysm flight paths.
    Ding 90 -> unlock all Mists of Pandaria flight paths.
    Ding 100 -> unlock all Warlords of Draenor flight paths.
    Ding 110 -> unlock all Legion flight paths.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    or "how to make mage portals useles"

not a big fan of this idea.
    Portal in Citys = useless
    Zeppelin & ships = useless
    Flypoints = useless
    Mounts to some degree = useless

people outside hubs gone
    immersion (even more) gone

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Yes having a stone that you can "set" to any inn in the world and teleport to it every thirty minutes from any location in the WoW universe through magic is defendable, but making it so that magic allows you to teleport to any inn in the universe is just nonsense.

It is called a HEARTH (as in Home and Hearth) stone. You can only have one home. It's a magic stone that takes you home ... seriously, having a HEARTHstone take you to multiple places wouldn't make sense.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Actually I think we should remove some possibilities of fast travel instead of adding new ones.

No, but what I would want is some key flightpaths unlocked for new characters. When you pick up a zone starting quest from the board, unlock the flightpath. Having to spend 20 minutes getting to the zone at low levels is way too excessive. It is inefficient to the point where by the time you make it to the zone, you could have outleveled it if you had picked a more accessible zone.

I'm an Engineer, I can port to any zone I want whenever I want already.

Deleted
    LOTRO has quite a good travel system. You can have a "slow ride" where you can get off the mount at any time. You can have a "fast ride" which is comparable to the flight master whistle teleport, only that it works between stablemasters. You can have multiple hearthstones (if you buy additional in the shop, and you can earn shop currency by playing the game) and you can earn additional teleport spells into specific areas when you complete the reputation grind (would be similar to get a port to the main hub in Azsuna if you are exalted with Farondis' faction).

This was a game where I missed flying solely for aesthetic purposes, not for getting around - because you can get around on a ground mount quite well. I also have to add that the area design in LOTRO is much more like Classic WoW, and not the 3D maze abominations we have now. Except Moria, this was also quite a nightmare to navigate. Thank gods that I have a good spacial sense and memory.

Anyway, I think they should replace flight paths with teleport locations, at least when you are done with explorer achievements. It does not have to be like in GW2 where you can teleport to a location from anywhere, but I would kill to save the time between start and landing. It's nothing more than a glorified loading screen, and when you already know the area, you gain nothing from sitting on a flight path looking down on the same path every fucking time. I don't need a commute simulator. I already spend 3 hours a day with commuting, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

efficiency kills this game
    Efficiency is the only reason why I still play it. I don't have the time to waste it with pointless travel in a pure gaming environment. In RP, it's a different thing, but I don't even have time for that anymore because of all the fucking time sinks in this game.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-05-04 at 10:54 AM.

I can see a world whistle, like the world quest whistle, where it'll take you to the nearest inn. Not just any inn, but closest. Put it on a 15ish minute CD, would be ok with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, this isn't Diablo 3 Adventure mode, similarities but not the same.

The world has enough portals as is.

Hearthstone to another planet/timeline is already weird enough.

And really, the mage class and engineer have their own advantages right now, as well as some reputation/expensive items.

The reason they gave you a Garrison or Dalaran Hearthstone is to actually use your hearthstone freely without being tied to the main player hubs, I had it set in shal'aran for ages as it's central to Broken Isles, now Deliverence point.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-04 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    What is game needs is significantly slower travel, not new instant teleport mechanisms.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anklestabber View Post
    What is game needs is significantly slower travel, not new instant teleport mechanisms.
    Traveling back and forth between Argus and Azeroth will just feel weird to me for some reason.

At least the Dark portal had some mysterious connection to Outland Pre-WoW, (you know,humans & orcs), and Draenor portal also linked to Azeroth.

Argus just feels much further away some reason, otherwise the Demons could've invaded much sooner.

I know they won't lockout people's travel for gameplay reasons but really why have Interdimensional spaceships (made by naaru/legion) , if portals exist so easily.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-04 at 12:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

See, I loved the "bug" in Cata where everytime you dinged, the next hub's FP unlocked. I had alts flying everywhere to quest and spent little to no time in the city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I can see a world whistle, like the world quest whistle, where it'll take you to the nearest inn. Not just any inn, but closest. Put it on a 15ish minute CD, would be ok with this.
    I like that idea. I would even put it on a 30m or 1h cd. Just as an alternate hearthing option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I'm an Engineer, I can port to any zone I want whenever I want already.
    I do love my ENG and his wormhole generators. So glad I have the goblin glider tinkered in lol

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make flightmaster Whiste a BoA, and work world-wide up to Legion.

Also make Pandaria flying account wide or level 85 as apparently the Grimoire of 4 winds broken again with Legion , right now Pandaria is the only expansion without flying during leveling.

Last time I leveled a 85-90 (in Legion) I did it in Cata content though :P Now Garrosh is still in Orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

This. Very good idea.

I don't particularly care for instant travel in the old world - the few times that I venture there, the combination of Broken Isles Dalaran portals/Pandaria Portals/Stormwind Cataclysm portals make for relatively quick travel anyhow.

I also have the old Dalaran teleport ring, together with the Argent Tournament tabard. Strange that WOTLK had so many teleport items, and I don't recall any Cata teleport items. But then again, we got a whole slew of permanent portals

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was silly at first because of the pure laziness of not wanting to travel around the world, but seeing the BoA part just made me hate it. Why do people want everything handed to their alts? Just put in the effort, especially during the easy leveling up. Leveling alts is trivial as it is with heirlooms and their pre lvl 20 mount, guild perks and other benefits.

I also find it pretty funny how you give the wowhead link for a hs as if we don't know what that is.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

This is basically what they do in FFXIV and it made me realize how little immersion has to do with "how long do I have to fuck around on a slow flightpath". I actually thought an idea like this would be horrendous until I actually saw it implemented and made me realize conversely how much more it made me go out and hunt rares, do old quests and generally just go out into the world more when it was at my fingertips.

The WoW community will say this is crazy and "too convenient" etc because they haven't actually experienced it, but I honestly think that it would do a ton of good for the game if they implemented something like this or at least the ability to use your hearthstone to access any zone while retaining the 15m cooldown. Travel adds nothing to the game, especially in a game that has so aggressively shaken off its MMORPG roots in every other way.

I miss boats and zeppelins.

I miss actually needing to travel to places.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are so many portals, teleports and items that let you travel around the world, this really is not nececery
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..