Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warsong Scramble

I didn't think I was going to like this one that much, but the one thing that completely makes this better, is the instant cappable flags.
    No more turtles, gy camping, hiding in the entrance roof, etc.
    It should have been like this from the start, maybe leave it at 5 caps.
    Won 3/4 as Horde last night.
    I see they also changed the Brawl weekly quest to just win 1 match, instead of participate in 3. Alts are happy

Deleted
    Yeah it's good:-) but no, the original should stay in game.
    The brawl does speed up the reputation as well - for those who cares about that.

Deleted
    The only thing missing now is a new WSG map "skin" and they can make this the new normal WSG!

I would prefer it to reflect the current wars more and not the old Ashenvale lumber battle from W3 and Vanilla.

Return the rep to the Battlemaster title meta. Do eeeet.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I also wasn't sure about it, but was able to play a couple and love it. It feels so much more fast paced. Last night we lost one 9-10, and our last flag carrier was at our tunnels when the other team captured their 10th flag. It was SO much fun. I'd definitely vote for this one to stay on as a permanent BG.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've played this a lot so far, but it seems heavily Horde favored. Played 16 games as BE DH, won 16/16 games in a row without really trying. Alli capping no more than 7 flags in any game. Played about 19 games as Alli, both as Human Warrior and NE DK, haven't won yet, not even close most games, we rarely get over 7 flags. I was going to get the quest for brawls, but I don't think I'll be able to manage without getting a premade going as Alli. :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by deftones View Post
    I didn't think I was going to like this one that much, but the one thing that completely makes this better, is the instant cappable flags.
    I see they also changed the Brawl weekly quest to just win 1 match, instead of participate in 3. Alts are happy
    no its fucking horrible, 5man premads with 2 tanks and 3 healers, cant kill shit, cant stop them, gg

pls can we kill tanks in pvp, nobody fucking wants them
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    no its fucking horrible, 5man premads with 2 tanks and 3 healers, cant kill shit, cant stop them, gg

Well I think the brawl is fun..... I think all of them have been fun. I do however, agree that tanks can get a little annoying. I don't mind going 1v1 with a tank but when they have a healer it is not fun. It is hard enough to get dumb teammates to help focus a healer but it seems like they are always fixated on the tank if present. This is rough because teammates are usually not great so they can't take the tank, I am trying to focus healer but healers are hard enough to stick on and kill and by the time I start to wear them down a fresh dps hops on me and I have wasted all CD and mobility on the healer that is still alive.

It can def be annoying but it does not affect me often enough to bother me too much.

I'd rather the quest stay how it was. Horde loses like 90% of the time in my battlegroup. So this is gonna take a lot more than 3 games to complete.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I'd rather the quest stay how it was. Horde loses like 90% of the time in my battlegroup. So this is gonna take a lot more than 3 games to complete.
    Do the mercenary contracts (or whatever they are) not work for brawls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deftones View Post
    Don't forget the power ups! Those power ups are pretty cool too. You can use all of them effectively to slow/stop their flag carrier or help yours. Only shit I don't like is up Rogues can use CloS to bypass the imprisoning sphere thing, kinda bullshit.

The knockback one is my favorite though. Love using it on their FC to knock their ass back 50 yards.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

tried it today and quite enjoyed it... didn't even lose a single one which felt a bit odd since when last i pvp'd in legion horde seemed to be dominating.

one thing i noticed though is that with it's design it seems to favor tank heavy teams.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

So this map is all about speed .. you don't need to kill efc to cap, just slow them down .. Guess what setup adds the most advantage?

Started off really well, won most matches 10-X, the last day and a half lost all matches 10-X. Only 2 matches out of like 25 had more than 20 kills. Pretty alright though. I can't wait for some of the other brawls.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post

Exactly this. It took me 4 hours to get my one win (as horde) and then I never queued for it ever again. Especially as a warlock, the most immobile class in the game. There is basically no fighting whatsoever. Just every other class grabbing the flag and running to the other side in 5 seconds flat whilst I start casting fear hoping they afk accidentally so they stay in range.

Druids - Mass entangle, Displacer, Sprint, Travel Form
    Rogues - Kidney, Sprint
    Mages - Nova, Blink
    Paladins - HoJ, Pony
    Monks - Leg sweep, Torpedo, Torpedo
    Warriors - Fear/Stun, Leap away (move speed buff), intervene team mate.
    Demon hunters - Space bar
    Death knights - Asphyx, Wraith walk
    Hunters - Trap/Binding, some movement speed hunter ability (sorry pretty much know nothing about hunters)
    Shaman - Earthbind, leap, Ghost Wolf
    Priests - Fear, feather sometimes or psyfiend (ok priests have awful mobility too)

As a warlock my best hope is to hold w until out of combat then mount up and hope to catch them (which I won't unless they've been stunned 7 times by others). Absolute least fun I've ever had in BGs. I'd rather do IoC

I've enjoyed it, much more fun than the EotS one. Had about 60% win rate, most games really close. Enjoy this much more than the regular wsg.

I agree! Should've of always been like this. Makes it a lot less OP

Deleted
    It's fun for a change and winning basically 100% of the time sure as hell contributes to it. But I'd rather not this become the normal WSG. Wouldn't mind seeing it regularly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddoc23 View Post
    I agree! Should've of always been like this. Makes it a lot less OP
    Do you even know what "OP" means?

Deleted
    It's shite, took 6 attempts to win 1 and from then on I queued random bgs for the weekly.

Of those 6 attempts, the only game we won happened to be the one that didn't have 3 healers and 3 tanks. Like legit, one game had 3 resto druids and 3 Vengeance DHs... Like wtf do you do against that?

It's good I had a lot of fun