Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brewmaster tier 20 set bonus

From

Monk T20 Brewmaster 2P Bonus Your attacks have a chance to grant you Effusion, causing your next Effuse to be instant and heal for 400% more.
    Monk T20 Brewmaster 4P Bonus After consuming Effusion, you clear 25% of your Staggered damage.
    To

2T20: Drinking a Brew triggers Gift of the Ox.
    4T20: Gift of the Ox orbs also purify 10% of your staggered damage.
    This is awesome. They basically fixed the issue of Effuse having to interact with our rotation and basically automated it.
    "For clarification, numbers in that set bonus idea are not final (thus calling it a draft). We're thinking now that 10% is likely too high, but that the concept sounds good."
    10% may be too high, 5% would probably be more fair.

Overall, very happy with this.

I wonder how the set works with greater orbs procs from artefact trait or is it always a baseline orb on brew. I think it works, but can't be too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I wonder how the set works with greater orbs procs from artefact trait or is it always a baseline orb on brew. I think it works, but can't be too sure.
    Will definitely work with the artifact trait, hence why this is actually a good set bonus whereas before it was terrible to the point most were considering keeping their tier 19 bonuses for as long as possible. Now its actually worth wearing.

And in the meantime, the WW bonus is still shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphonfilter64 View Post
    Will definitely work with the artifact trait, hence why this is actually a good set bonus whereas before it was terrible to the point most were considering keeping their tier 19 bonuses for as long as possible. Now its actually worth wearing.
    Yeah, Effuse one was absolutely atrocious.

Would be interesting to try 7 orb traits.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-05-04 at 12:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing to keep in mind is in regard to Expel Harm; due to the way Expel Harm works; Orbs will "trigger" individually (transferring the healing amount directly to Expel Harm which in turn heals the player). So the set bonus will most likely trigger each purify individually. As an example, let's say Blizzard goes with the 5% purify per orb and you have 10 orbs out with 100% stagger

100% stagger
    95%
    90.25%
    85.7375%
    81.450625%
    77.37809375%
    73.5091890625%
    69.833729609375%
    66.34204312890625%
    63.0249409724609375%

or ~40% total purify at 10 orbs. If it's at the current 10% purify per orb, then at 10 orbs it would purify ~65% of the stagger.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2017-05-04 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks for the math. Yes, it doesn't really feel that op especially with 10 orbs which is actually a big number to consider.

What a change it actually looks very good. Might have to consider picking up BRM again for ToS since WW is going to the shitter for good unless they revert nerfs and scrap our T20.

7+ Year Old Account
    This makes me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll be rather strong, particularly when running lots of haste + wrists. If you are geared to maximise brew generation you'll be creating orbs very frequently. This could also work very well in those rare situations you're able to corner tank as you'll be passively picking up the orbs and clearing stagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I think it'll be rather strong, particularly when running lots of haste + wrists. If you are geared to maximise brew generation you'll be creating orbs very frequently. This could also work very well in those rare situations you're able to corner tank as you'll be passively picking up the orbs and clearing stagger.
    Corner tanking is really powerful for this, just stand in a corner, use a brew, instant heal as it always spawns to the right. Corner tanking+Wrists+T20=love

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is in regard to Expel Harm; due to the way Expel Harm works; Orbs will "trigger" individually (transferring the healing amount directly to Expel Harm which in turn heals the player). So the set bonus will most likely trigger each purify individually. As an example, let's say Blizzard goes with the 5% purify per orb and you have 10 orbs out with 100% stagger

100% stagger
    95%
    90.25%
    85.7375%
    81.450625%
    77.37809375%
    73.5091890625%
    69.833729609375%
    66.34204312890625%
    63.0249409724609375%

or ~40% total purify at 10 orbs. If it's at the current 10% purify per orb, then at 10 orbs it would purify ~65% of the stagger.
    if it actually works like this id say 10% might even be too low, something like 12.5-15% might be reasonable. I very rarely if ever get to 10 orbs up at a time.

This set bonus will definitely break PvP, there's no way you ever kill a BrM with 4-pc T19 and 2-pc T20.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    This set bonus will definitely break PvP, there's no way you ever kill a BrM with 4-pc T19 and 2-pc T20.
    Keep in mind that set bonuses only work in World PvP. Instance PvP (Arenas, battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds); set bonuses are turned off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    If you have the 4/4 trait, I'd assume you'd have a 20% chance per Brew to summon the greater orb.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Syphonfilter64 View Post
    From

To

This is awesome. They basically fixed the issue of Effuse having to interact with our rotation and basically automated it.

10% may be too high, 5% would probably be more fair.

Overall, very happy with this.
    Called it. Nerfed from 10% to 5%
    Item - Monk T20 Brewmaster 4P Bonus NYI - When a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere is consumed, your current Stagger amount is lowered by 5%.

Deleted
    Could 4p become way too op if we choose gift of the mist instead of black ox brew. I have very little experience from using gift of the mist in raid environments, mostly picking this talent when we are speed running through low key mythic+ without a healer. Anyone with more experience from mythic raiding which have used gift of the mist instead of black ox brew?

Or would this maybe be viable once we overgear stuff and one want to run through stuff with one less healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dessuithiel View Post
    Could 4p become way too op if we choose gift of the mist instead of black ox brew. I have very little experience from using gift of the mist in raid environments, mostly picking this talent when we are speed running through low key mythic+ without a healer. Anyone with more experience from mythic raiding which have used gift of the mist instead of black ox brew?

Or would this maybe be viable once we overgear stuff and one want to run through stuff with one less healer?
    Considering we will be allowed max duration 3 charges of defensive cooldown, Black Ox Brew kinda loses its niche as we aren't really bothered anymore to have 2+ mins of defensive cooldown. Allowing us to pick something else.

Light Brewing or Gift of the Mists definitely become good choices to replace Black Ox Brew. I think a lot of people will be running 2 set tier 19 and 4 set tier 20.

Overflow could also become the new relic/trait to aim for since Orb generation looks like it will be the goal, getting greater orbs.

As shown earlier 10 orbs with 4p aren't even worth 1 purify(and purifies are way more valuable than healing orbs on relevant content), brew gen doesn't lose its value just because you can't stack it as much, you'll still need the same amount of brews to maintain isb and to purify, it's a fallacy to think black ox brew won't remain the best talent

If anything gift of the mists became even less valuable because of how many orbs you'll generate through brews

To be completly honest i don't even see myself using t20 4P in the current iteration, it's just too weak, if you need to purify orbs won't be enough to make a relevant purify, if you don't really need to purify and just use your orbs to heal you'll just dissipate a bit of irrelevant damage, i don't see myself taking that over a dps or even a healer, or lower my ilvl on 2 pieces for a marginal gain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    As shown earlier 10 orbs with 4p aren't even worth 1 purify(and purifies are way more valuable than healing orbs on relevant content), brew gen doesn't lose its value just because you can't stack it as much, you'll still need the same amount of brews to maintain isb and to purify, it's a fallacy to think black ox brew won't remain the best talent

If anything gift of the mists became even less valuable because of how many orbs you'll generate through brews

To be completly honest i don't even see myself using t20 4P in the current iteration, it's just too weak, if you need to purify orbs won't be enough to make a relevant purify, if you don't really need to purify and just use your orbs to heal you'll just dissipate a bit of irrelevant damage, i don't see myself taking that over a dps or even a healer, or lower my ilvl on 2 pieces for a marginal gain
    Based on this it sounds like 4p might be most useful when one can safely play around 35% hp otherwise you either have it or not but the game play is like another day at the office.