Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Next week's Legionfall quest will be the worst so far

So, so far those Legionfall quests were ridiculous. It's clear that there's no actual story there, it's just busywork, because they probably ran out of time to create real new content. So instead they give us quests to hand in 2500 Nethershards, or do 12 world quests or farm 100 badges from the Sentinax. But nothing compares to next week's quest. Next week's quest is called Intolerable Infestation and has us kill 100 demons in...

wait for it...

Faronaar and Felsoul Hold.

Yes... Those 7.0 locations we've already been to. Not even on the Broken Shore where the new "content" is. But in old locations. What's next? Kill 100 Helarjar in Stormheim? Kill 100 Naga in Azsuna? Kill 100 Satyr in Val'sharah? We can give you tons of new and exciting quests, one at a time, for weeks, this way. Aren't we creative?

From the other remaining 4 quests coming up, all we can say for now is apparently that "Take Out the Head..." is gonna be about killing 5 rare spawns. So if the other quests are along the same lines, we can safely say that the Broken Shore portion of this patch at least is a steaming pile of shit masquerading as content.

They already explained why all the quests are "filler quests" nice to see you read that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going back to older places don't bother me and it's the least of my concern or criticisms of 7.2
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    They already explained why all the quests are "filler quests" nice to see you read that.
    I've seen the Q and A. So? Doesn't make this better. Them admitting that it's just busywork doesn't make it better in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Going back to older places don't bother me and it's the least of my concern or criticisms of 7.2
    It doesn't bother me either, if it's actual content. It didn't bother me with the artifact skin challenge quests, because they created new content for that and they were actual questlines with story. This is nothing.

The new Jaylock?

Doesn't bother me whatsoever. I'd actually like Tomb to open a few weeks later, since i feel like what will be 5 months of Nighthold to be on the short side.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I've seen the Q and A. So? Doesn't make this better. Them admitting that it's just busywork doesn't make it better in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't bother me either, if it's actual content. It didn't bother me with the artifact skin challenge quests, because they created new content for that and they were actual questlines with story. This is nothing.
    And people keep citing the campaign as a patch feature. Don't cite a piece of crap as a patch feature and maybe people would stop complaining about the piece of crap.

They've addressed it, it's shit, we know it's filler, they know it's filler.

That means move on and stop crying about it, it's shit and everyone already knows it. Harping on about it, is just whining for the sake of it.

Oh look it's this thread again, and it's not even tuesday.

Please stop with these threads. They serve no purpose.

So, so far those Legionfall quests were ridiculous. It's clear that there's no actual story there, it's just busywork, because they probably ran out of time to create real new content. So instead they give us quests to hand in 2500 Nethershards, or do 12 world quests or farm 100 badges from the Sentinax. But nothing compares to next week's quest. Next week's quest is called Intolerable Infestation and has us kill 100 demons in...

wait for it...

Faronaar and Felsoul Hold.

Yes... Those 7.0 locations we've already been to. Not even on the Broken Shore where the new "content" is. But in old locations. What's next? Kill 100 Helarjar in Stormheim? Kill 100 Naga in Azsuna? Kill 100 Satyr in Val'sharah? We can give you tons of new and exciting quests, one at a time, for weeks, this way. Aren't we creative?

From the other remaining 4 quests coming up, all we can say for now is apparently that "Take Out the Head..." is gonna be about killing 5 rare spawns. So if the other quests are along the same lines, we can safely say that the Broken Shore portion of this patch at least is a steaming pile of shit masquerading as content.
    Blizzard just simply isn't going to create all new zones and areas to go along with new content. There just isn't enough time for it not to mention the fact it would be incredibly stupid and wasteful of story potential in existing locations.

I don't mind going back for a bit. We've spent a good amount of time on the isles already, and will definitely spend a lot more. So a little break seems good. In addition to what others said about the filler quests etc.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

After I ground out 80+ useless Heroics for that resurrect Illidan quest that ended with Khadgar telling me "I'll see what I can do" and a pair of boots that I vastly outgeared through doing only casual content, I've stopped expecting meaningful quest lore.

And started reading "spoilers" before I waste my life any more than I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The new Jaylock?

Doesn't bother me whatsoever. I'd actually like Tomb to open a few weeks later, since i feel like what will be 5 months of Nighthold to be on the short side.
    Nighthold will have been out for six months when the Tomb of Sargeras opens, which is on schedule with their philosophy of the lifespan of a raid tier.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it not content? Did the quest exist prior to 7.2? Has it been accessible at any point since 7.2 launched? No? Then it is new content. Period. End of story. Whining about stupid bullshit like this is only going to harm the game when the real issue here is there needs to be more interesting new content.

Giving Blizzard feedback on why you don't like the new content will get things changed whereas playing semantics and being pedantic will not only just get you ignored but potentially drowns out actual constructive feedback that can change things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    And people keep citing the campaign as a patch feature. Don't cite a piece of crap as a patch feature and maybe people would stop complaining about the piece of crap.
    So because you don't like the Legionfall campaign that means it isn't a feature of 7.2? Seriously when has spamming this nonsense ever accomplished anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    After I ground out 80+ useless Heroics for that resurrect Illidan quest that ended with Khadgar telling me "I'll see what I can do" and a pair of boots that I vastly outgeared through doing only casual content, I've stopped expecting meaningful quest lore.

And started reading "spoilers" before I waste my life any more than I already have.
    rofl 80 heroics, or as most ppl did 8 mythic 10's.

10+ Year Old Account
    theres Jaylock all over the OP

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Nighthold will have been out for six months when the Tomb of Sargeras opens, which is on schedule with their philosophy of the lifespan of a raid tier.
    One major praise I have for Legion is they actually finally seem to have really good raid pacing. The amount of bosses in MoP would have been fucking fantastic if the first two tiers had lasted a month or two longer each and Siege lasted three or four months less.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    How is it not content? Did the quest exist prior to 7.2? Has it been accessible at any point since 7.2 launched? No? Then it is new content. Period. End of story. Whining about stupid bullshit like this is only going to harm the game when the real issue here is there needs to be more interesting new content.

Giving Blizzard feedback on why you don't like the new content will get things changed whereas playing semantics and being pedantic will not only just get you ignored but potentially drowns out actual constructive feedback that can change things.

- - - Updated - - -

So because you don't like the Legionfall campaign that means it isn't a feature of 7.2? Seriously when has spamming this nonsense ever accomplished anything?
    That is the exact opposite of what I was saying. People are saying "oh the campaign sucking doesn't matter" except when people say 7.2 had nothing of value or something like that it's amg here's a list of content including the campaign. It isn't content. Stop trying to make it like it is. Just like world quests are nothing new. They're dailies with a different name.

Deleted
    Need a tissue? Unsub if minor things like this angers you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    rofl 80 heroics, or as most ppl did 8 mythic 10's.
    I seriously doubt "most" truly casual players are doing mythic 10s. I pugged a handful of non-keystone ones for Balance of Power and never went back.

And that wouldn't negate the fact that it was a shit quest with no worthwhile story involvement and a reward that would *especially* be completely worthless if you're running mythic 10s, as it was worthless to someone running heroics and doing WQs.

Oh, you poor, suffering creature.