Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post
    We're talking HL PvE and progression raiding, not pickup group and "link curve" bullshit.

There are logs to back up our claims so if you enjoy playing in a PU environment, feel free to ignore this thread.
    Cheery picked speed clears top 99% logs, yeah no surprises there. So much discussion to be had. Has nothing to do with the guild/raid being amazing and smashing it/also getting amazing rng means all other classes are shit

So, in a game with 36 specs, you call top 5 bad?

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    So, in a game with 36 specs, you call top 5 bad?
    You're counting non-dps specs? Useless.

Edit: I'm not saying we're underperforming, just noting that counting non-dps specs is hyperbole at best.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Cheery picked speed clears top 99% logs, yeah no surprises there. So much discussion to be had. Has nothing to do with the guild/raid being amazing and smashing it/also getting amazing rng means all other classes are shit
    Well of course we're going to check those top logs Oo. A progression raid is all about min-maxing.

The average Joe (no offense here) whose guild can barely clear NH heroïc, let alone the first mythic wing, will probably never notice the flagrant discrepancies between "dps classes".

So there are only "barely hc clearers" on one site and serenity on the other?
    99% logs are often cheesed in some ways, and for Assas and Combats, it is just luck.
    Yesterday I was in a LFR raid Krosus. I had aboput 980k. The other rogue had about 1,1 mil. DPS. Only real difference was: I had about 3% PB damage, he had 13% (and solid 8% from NBF, lol).

Well of course we're going to check those top logs Oo. A progression raid is all about min-maxing.

The average Joe (no offense here) whose guild can barely clear NH heroïc, let alone the first mythic wing, will probably never notice the flagrant discrepancies between "dps classes".
    What do have top logs in farm raids to do with progression or the state of the classes?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Rather be better in the progression stages of fights than speed clears when it doesn't even matter anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    What do have top logs in farm raids to do with progression or the state of the classes?
    Well first of all, progression raiding does not mean shitty logs. I was *not* talking about speed clears.

Then again, logs are used to compare player performance and class performance.

By the time raid leaders realise (and trust me, it doesnt take long) that one class in particular is decent at one thing, while mediocre at everything else, including AoE, burst, cleave, target swapping, whatever...while several other classes are obviously better rounded, they'll begin to question the legitimacy of aforementioned class in mythic raids.

Consider this: you, as a mythic raider, are a tool which serve one or several purposes. The more the better of course.

Does this make any sense to you ?
    Last edited by Cyanix; 2017-05-17 at 11:47 PM.

It's not so much that we are underperforming, it's more the 200k variance and shitty golden. Pre 7.2 i was top st and able to compete on most the fights. Thos only happens now when i have great pb and nbf luck. I think im going sub for tos

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrex View Post
    I think im going sub for tos
    I wish it were that easy.

I have full mastery gear (at ~165%-~175%), I have no relics (GL finding fel relics when you're trying to fish for SiN legendaries) and I really don't feel like starting the AP grind al over again. /puke

Quote Originally Posted by permp View Post
    Rogues right now are pure garbage only with extreme luck on NBF and PB we can make good parses, on single target we lose to enhancement shaman sometimes.

If they want to make us a PURE ST class so be it but we need to performace at lease 20% higher than other classes otherwise is useless to bring a rogue to hit the boss.
    20% higher rofl.

Did you read that again before posting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Rather be better in the progression stages of fights than speed clears when it doesn't even matter anymore
    Why doesnt it matter?

You only play the game for world first?

Link logs please.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

I have full mastery gear (at ~165%-~175%), I have no relics (GL finding fel relics when you're trying to fish for SiN legendaries) and I really don't feel like starting the AP grind al over again. /puke
    Got 924 sub weapon, 923 sin (dem MA'S), bis sin, bis sub, concordance in sin and 47 in sub, so pretty smoothe transition for me. Atm i actually sim 40k higher in my sub gear, i just need to learn how to play it.

With final ak getting concordance in two spex should be pretty straightforward

Need concordance on my dk as well though so yeah, a little barf is warranted

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrex View Post
    Got 924 sub weapon, 923 sin (dem MA'S), bis sin, bis sub, concordance in sin and 47 in sub, so pretty smoothe transition for me. Atm i actually sim 40k higher in my sub gear, i just need to learn how to play it.

With final ak getting concordance in two spex should be pretty straightforward

Need concordance on my dk as well though so yeah, a little barf is warranted
    I raid once a week and play half an hour to an hour every few days. I don't intend to fall for the AP grind-trap, so I'll just accept the fact that I'll be underperforming for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post

Why doesnt it matter?

You only play the game for world first?

Link logs please.
    Sure I can link logs

Are those logs sufficient?

Are these #1 logs? I can hardly gleam any information from them, it's a strange formatting.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Are these #1 logs? I can hardly gleam any information from them, it's a strange formatting.
    From what I can see, his performance is a bit wooden.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

See ?

Thats the "beauty" of Legion.

When playing older x-pacs you could switch specs on the fly, with as little as a weapon replacement.

That's not happening anymore.
    I dont know who came up with this ridiculous/ uber-frustrating/ ill concept, but your new spec will be (nearly) as time consuming to grind as leveling a new character.

Rogues are currently in the worst situation they've ever been into. Anxiously awaiting a patch without knowing if the spec they've invested so much into will be good or shit, and for the first time in WoW history, at least for this class, all three specs are concerned...

See ?
    Rogues are currently in the worst situation they've ever been into. Anxiously awaiting a patch without knowing if the spec they've invested so much into will be good or shit, and for the first time in WoW history, at least for this class, all three specs are concerned...

its gonna be fine dude..

See ?

Thats the "beauty" of Legion.

When playing older x-pacs you could switch specs on the fly, with as little as a weapon replacement.

That's not happening anymore.
    I dont know who came up with this ridiculous/ uber-frustrating/ ill concept, but your new spec will be (nearly) as time consuming to grind as leveling a new character.

Here I am playing Havoc, and the only thing I have to worry about is keeping my one spec in tip-top shape, not having to grind my ass to stay safe every single fucking patch because one spec might be so far ahead you can't play anything else or people will just ignore you and raid leaders would ask questions (any particular reason you play sub instead of ass? it's more fun? oh well numbers numbers numbers). God damn.

Blizzard really did and keeps dropping the fucking ball this expac. It's the worst... like fuck, is there anything they did good in this expac?
    Last edited by mauserr; 2017-05-22 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    any particular reason you play sub instead of ass?
    Lol'd a bit.
    I'm an ass guy anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    is there anything they did good in this expac?
    Demon hunters.
    Last edited by Cyanix; 2017-05-19 at 11:51 PM.